FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Aloha and welcome to La Mariana, please come in........
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Aloha and welcome to La Mariana, please come in........
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-24 03:23 am   Permalink

Have you ever thought how it would have been to sit inside of a Don The Beachcomber years ago? or feel the Tikis texture on your finger tips in the Tahitian Lanai? maybe stare off into those colored glass floats at the old Trader Vics in the International market place? Well you can! come see the romantic La Mariana tiki restaurant, where all those dreams come true......

welcome to fantasy island...

walk threw these beautiful carved post and you will see....La Mariana!

carved window shutters that close at night after hours.

the main entrance...

looking into the dining are from the bar. The colored floats are from the old trader vics in Waikiki and off of Ward ave.

my favorite bar tender "Tito" and my wahine..

here are the beautiful tiki booths that you eat at if you don't sit in the lanai. look at the bamboo lights that hang over the table. The tables are from Don the Beachcomber and the tiki is from the Tahitian Lanai.

booths to your left and right, water fall in the center and more sitting area in the center.

wall panels and tikis...

here you see the famous cannible trio tiki from Kon Tiki, i was also told from Don the beach. The green ceramic things that are entwine with bamboo are from Don the beach. Trader vic used them too. You can see larger versions in the book of tiki on page 90 upper right.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2cf02b3127cce92648e38f1250000001410"
BORDER="0">

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2cf02b3127cce92648e3970140000001410" BORDER="0">

the back entrance. To the left a massive wall panel from Don the beach.

the bar seen from the lanai..

more wall panels and tikis outside...

that is me in my bummy gray shirt at the bar(i didn't know we were going to la marianas!), the Wahine to my left and a friend that was just at a torch lighting ceramony down in Waikiki..

the aquariuam.

the waka (canoe)...

me and my other favorite bar tender "Leo" the drink master. He has a "Leo special" drink that taste like those green melon fruits...just mavalus!! gotta try it if he's workin'

da wahine with a "Leo's special". Ewww his Maitais are good too! That Filipino guy can hook a drink up!!

looking at La Mariana from the marina.

the lights are now on as the sun sets.

one of my favorite singers and my wahine

group song.

Another reason why people visit our lovely islands, the beautiful sun sets. This is looking out into the Marina from La Mariana.

I hope you have enjoyed your tour, If you ever come visit make sure you DO NOT miss this place!! A must do! give the Gecko a call or email and I'll meet you there! If you are here on a Friday night, you might want to make reservations unless your at the bar, no need for reservations.

If you have any other questions call La Mariana at (808) 848-2800

Aloha
Gecko-

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-24 03:28 am   Permalink

sorry this was the first picture I wanted to post...It got messed up some how.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-24 09:00 am   Permalink

Gecko,
Looks cool, thanks for posting. See you in april.
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-24 10:38 am   Permalink

Hey, Gecko! That is an amazing tour you've put together. Now I feel homesick for da place. I need to go out and get a maitai... just need Tito to swing by and finish it while I'm not looking, then I'll feel that I'm back.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-24 10:44 am   Permalink

Gecko, thanks for the pics. I can see why you spend so much time there! The place looks awesome! I will be there one day, I don't know when but someday I will be there! Mahaloz!

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-24 11:17 am   Permalink

Nice shots Gecko. The waterfall room looks sweet. I dig the fact that you were having a drink with your buddy after his torch lighting duties. That is to cool, did they make him leave his torch outside? If heaven is half as good as the La Mariana, I better start behavin'. We should have a T.C meeting there next year!

Chongolio

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2002-11-24 11:23 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Steve Kapu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-24 12:02 pm   Permalink

I got two words for that place:

Da-aym!

Steve

View Profile of Steve Kapu Send a personal message to Steve Kapu  Email Steve Kapu Goto the website of Steve Kapu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bree
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-24 8:34 pm   Permalink

Thank you so very much for the lovely tour of that magical place. I saw a feature on Hawaii on the travel channel and became aquainted with the site then. It was so nice to see more from your photos.
I hope you can come to Hukilau 2003 at the Mai Kai. You would certainly appreciate its decor as well.
Again, many thanks for sharing!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Bree Send a personal message to Tiki Bree      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-25 07:47 am   Permalink

Gecko,
Thanks for taking the time to take pics to show to us! Very nice place. I always tried to picture what you were telling us about it. Can't wait to see it. I might be on Oahu in Spring 2003.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-11-25 09:03 am   Permalink

Gecko,

My and Debbie, Al and Shelly will be there April 19 & 20. Can't wait to hook up with you at La Mariana!

Aloha Oi

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-25 09:14 am   Permalink

Pretty damned impressive, I must say

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-25 10:41 am   Permalink

Well crap - why can't we get a place that bitchin here? We will definately have to come visit one of these days....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-25 11:10 am   Permalink

it's such a dreary, drab, rainy day here in london. the sunset at 4:07. i sure do wish i were at La Mariana right now!

thanks for the excellent photos! i hope to buy you a drink there one day.

tiki chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-25 11:54 am   Permalink

Ahhhh yes paradise has it's ups,

those pictures were only about 70 percent of the place. I had to save some for you to see for yourselves.

Al & Bong... I cannot say nuting braddas! you will see next year why this is my second home. Werid Unc of the Mai Kai Gents can tell you haw great this place is! Hey Unc you should post your pics of the last visit! I'm sure our friends here would like to see them.

Chongolio, yes this is heaven! I remember a post a while back about tc getting together here in Hawaii. You guys will love it!

Tiki Bree, I have the Hukilau 2003 marked on my calendar! I'm going there or the Philippines, don't know yet. I'll let my friends in Florida know though if I do come so I can bum a ride from the airport!

for all of you who are coming next year..THANK YOU!! because you're giving me an excuse to go to La Mariana again!

my Wahine is like...."what your going to La Mariana again!?!?"

hey, I gotta meet my peeps!

Lucky me, we have a visitor this wednesday from TC that I will be meeting at the Marianas.

Oh!!!! a Tiki was stolen from the parking lot and La Mariana would like to get it back as much as I would like to see it back in it's original spot. So, if you see a vintage tiki about 3 to 4 feet that looks like a cannible on ebay, please email me so we can catch the culprit. That's just stupid of ppl who do that! The police got a report as well as the FBI i'm told.

thank you
Gecko

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-25 1:12 pm   Permalink

People better be careful about messing with tikis. Two tiki establishments in Florida were converted to other purposes a few years back. One blew up due to an electrical fire. The owners of the other place drowned at sea.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation