FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Aloha and welcome to La Mariana, please come in........
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Aloha and welcome to La Mariana, please come in........
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-26 4:50 pm   Permalink

This place looks spectacular. I was going to surprise my now ex-wife with a trip to Hawaii for our first anniversary and this is where I planned on taking her the night of our Anniversary. Needless to say Im glad i took the vacation insurance. But damn I wish I would've went by myself then. I will be there within a year. If your up to it Gecko, id like to dump a couple with ya and talk tiki.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaiTaiMafia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-09-27 01:29 am   Permalink

Gecko - awesome pics of La Mariana... We live in Kapolei and Mrs. MTM and I go there from time to time to get our tiki on! Like Da Gecko says - it's da kine! Everyone that works at La Mariana's is really great and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The vibe is so cool that it doesn't take much imagination to transport yourself back 40 years or so.

But watch out for Saturday nights- they put in a piano bar and Saturday is the night it's active and it's open mic night. I can only take so much of horrible renditions of old broadway show tunes! You have been forewarned!

Thanks for sharing Gecko-

Aloha Nui

MTM

[ This Message was edited by: MaiTaiMafia 2005-09-27 01:30 ]

View Profile of MaiTaiMafia Send a personal message to MaiTaiMafia  Email MaiTaiMafia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-27 09:55 am   Permalink

I'm finallly getting around to posting some pics that I took a couple months back when I was there.

The entryway from the street

These two guys flank the driveway leading to the walkway in.

Window shutters:

Inside:

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaiTaiMafia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-10-01 5:05 pm   Permalink

Awesome photos, MachTiki! Those, along with Gecko's, have inspired the four members of MTM to return to La Mariana for another evening dedicated to the consumption of tikificated libations. We are planning to go next Friday(I believe)... Anyone else wanna go?

MTM

View Profile of MaiTaiMafia Send a personal message to MaiTaiMafia  Email MaiTaiMafia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-30 9:44 pm   Permalink

Happy to have been able to get together with some ohana at La Mariana's the last night of our stay on Oahu.

Had hoped Mark Swanson might have joined us but he did make a guest appearance from Haleiwa by cell phone! We've gotta plan better next time Mark. Maybe Tiki Shark can swim over from the big island too!

Boy La Mariana's just drips history. Don't miss this joint!

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2007-01-30 21:50 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 03:46 am   Permalink

Aloha Hank, great to have met you and the your Grl...I hear the SeaHorse mug calling you... Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 05:02 am   Permalink

Nice fishing float hat. Pick that up at the stadium, Freddie?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-06 07:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-30 21:44, hodadhank wrote:
...Boy La Mariana's just drips history. Don't miss this joint!

Better hurry. It's for sale...

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Sep/07/ln/FP609080328.html

Bummer...

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-06 10:12 am   Permalink

When going to Oahu there is nothing better than meeting dabigpuka and his family. Look at that necklace Gecko is wearing if you never got the meaning of the name before. Gecko and Freddie, Ailie, Wendy and Ben are all part of La Mariana for us. Being there with them makes the island so special it's hard to go anywhere else. The other Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 04:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-06 05:02, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Nice fishing float hat. Pick that up at the stadium, Freddie?

HEHE, that's exactly where I got that one...I'm slowly going to a bigger size and more wattage....

When are all you guys coming back??? Aloha, Freddie [ This Message was edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2007-02-11 04:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: HOUSE OF KU 2007-02-11 04:18 ]

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-11 05:32 am   Permalink

As soon as I've got the cash my friend.
Can't be soon enough.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation