FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Welcome...to Forbidden Island
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Welcome...to Forbidden Island
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:01 am   Permalink

Ever dream about the perfect tiki lounge?

About the way you’d want it to feel? How it would look?

What kind of drinks would it have?

Would you dream about….

-An interior designed by Bamboo Ben in a classic yet totally unique style?

-A signature Tiki designed by Danny “Tiki Diablo” Gallardo?

-Custom mugs designed by Tiki Diablo and produced by Tiki Farm?

-A lush tropical lanai designed by Jungle Trader?

-A jukebox full of classic Hawaiian, lounge, and exotica music?

-An extensive menu of tropical libations designed by martiki, incorporating both classic tropical drinks and contemporary mixology, perfectly balanced and using only fresh squeezed seasonal juices and premium ingredients?

-Custom graphics and goodies featuring the designs of Chongolio, Hanford Lemoore, Humuhumu and more?

-The creative and artistic contributions of dozens of other members of Tiki Central to give it the true ohana feeling?

Wake up. You’re not dreaming.

It gives us great pleasure to welcome you to:

Located in the heart of Alameda, California, Forbidden Island is the brainchild of Michael “Conga Mike” Thanos, Manny Thanos, and Martin “martiki” Cate. Opening in April 2006, prepare for a tiki adventure like no other.

We can’t tell you how excited we are about this. We look forward to working with all of you, sharing this process with the ohana, and making Forbidden Island a reality. There is so much to do and say, and so many surprises in store for everyone that we’ll simply close right here and direct you to our beautiful website from the one and only Humuhumu:

www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

Please give it a visit and sign up on the mailing list for all the news, updates, and special offers.

The adventure begins!!

A thousand mahalos to everyone here,

Michael, Manny & Martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:14 am   Permalink

Urrrgghhh, drooooool, homina homina homina, slobber......

(Excitement, folks!)

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:19 am   Permalink

Woaw, sounds amazing. Does that mean you're leaving your job at the Trader Vic's Martin ??

Congratulations

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:31 am   Permalink

Wow, I'd heard that Mike & Mano were doing a tiki bar in Alameda, but Martin's involvement is a pleasant surprise. Very exciting news, indeed. You guys couldn't do all this before we had a kid, huh???

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:36 am   Permalink

Only one problem... everyone at TC will come expecting a discount!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:38 am   Permalink

All I can do is echo the above comments, with an additional WOW!
This is all very exciting!

I wish you the best of luck, and hope I'm able to stop in for a visit and a drink when you're open.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:40 am   Permalink

so let me get this straight.

michael, mano, martin, and michelle all are behind the development of the forbidden island?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:41 am   Permalink

So the Tiki gods are finally smiling upon me.
That is some really great news.
You couldn't get that "cast of characters" for a Hollywood movie.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:42 am   Permalink

Martiki, Mano, and Mike!

They know what I'm after,

Martiki, Mano, and Mike!

If it's tiki you want they've got a lot for you,
Bamboo Ben, fresh juice, tiki mugs too

Martiki, Mano, and Mike!

They know what I'm after,

Martiki, Mano, and Mike!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:45 am   Permalink

We are beyond excited. We're ready for it to be open now! It was a great night when Martiki came over to our place to visit a short time ago and let us in on the secret, and it was an honor when he asked for our help in developing the graphics and website. I think it's been very hard for Martin, Conga Mike and Mano to keep such an exciting secret, congratulations and the heartiest best of all luck to them now that they get to move forward full steam! The many tikiphiles in Alameda are lucky ducks. We're planning on spending enough time there to become honorary Alameda citizens.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:48 am   Permalink

3062.1 miles from me-- (*#&@ This state sucks....

I look forward to the pictures, though!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:59 am   Permalink

How exciting! Now I don't feel quite so bad that I never got to see you in action at Trader Vic's.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:00 am   Permalink

I forgot to ask: Does this mean you will be the primary bartender, Martiki, or are you only putting the menu together?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 10:36, tikifish wrote:
Only one problem... everyone at TC will come expecting a discount!

Not a problem, how about 1% for every 1,000 miles you had to travel to get there?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:08 am   Permalink

It's been SOOOOOO hard keeping such an incredible secret, especially as of late, when rumors have started circulating and I had to all but deny them !!
Folks, this place is going to be incredible. We are so excited about establishing the first ever Tiki Bar in Alameda! MAno and myself are especially excited about having the genius that is Martiki aboard for this project...
We intend Forbidden Island to be a bar that all the TC Ohana will call home, while sipping on the intoxicating fruits of Tiki-past and Tiki-future!!
A special thanks to Humuhumu and Hanford for their incredible work getting the website and designs up and running in such little time.
Here's to the future folks...
Mahalo and Aloha !!!

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2006-01-17 11:09 ]

[ Edited by: martiki - Added our beautiful faces - 2006-01-17 11:16 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation