FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Welcome...to Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Welcome...to Forbidden Island
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:10 am   Permalink

Can't wait to see the results...thanks for psoting
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:18 am   Permalink

What GREAT news, congratulations !!!

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 11:00, Tiki-bot wrote:
I forgot to ask: Does this mean you will be the primary bartender, Martiki, or are you only putting the menu together?

No, Mike, Mano & I are all owners and I will be the manager. Rest assured that the bartenders will be top of their class and will know precisely what to do.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:29 am   Permalink

I'm stoked about this. Do people still say "stoked"?

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
limptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:38 am   Permalink

Wow - I'd better start donating to the highway patrol retirement fund now to help me get back to the south bay after the many great evenings I hope to enjoy there w/ my tiki pals.
Congratulations to all 3 of you and Martin thanks for the fine beverage the other night.

View Profile of limptiki Send a personal message to limptiki  Email limptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:39 am   Permalink

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but according to MapQuest this is

Total Est. Time: 2 minutes Total Est. Distance: 0.47 miles

From my office.

I think I'll go walk by now!

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:42 am   Permalink

This is such fantastic news! And to think, how fortunate it is that it will be so close to where I live! Looks like I'd better get the guest bedroom in order (and see if I can get my home bar finished as well).

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 10:45, Humuhumu wrote:
We are beyond excited. We're ready for it to be open now!

Tell me about it!

Quote:

The many tikiphiles in Alameda are lucky ducks.

Indeed!

Quote:

We're planning on spending enough time there to become honorary Alameda citizens.

You're gonna have to learn the Alameda secret handshake. That, and re-learn how to pronounce Versailles and Buena Vista. Or just end up moving here.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
trader jess

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:49 am   Permalink

thats cool im so excited

View Profile of trader jess Send a personal message to trader jess  Goto the website of trader jess ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:12 pm   Permalink

Ok...that's very cool. A 10 minute walk from my desk to the front door.

Great location! Can't wait to see what you guys do with the place.

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:13 pm   Permalink

zazzzz!!!

i HOPE I'm not jumping the gun a little bit, but the reason that the SF Crawl was pushed back to summer this year is to work on a plan to visit the new tiki places in the SF area plus the old faves. SOOO, the powers that be needed MUCH more time to plan the event, and I am here to announce that this years SF Crawl will be TEN STRAIGHT DAYS to fit in all the tiki exisiting in the SF area!!!

Just kidding!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:13 pm   Permalink

Congratulations indeed!! That is great news. Too bad it is so far from LA or I would visit before or after the Tiki Oasis this year. Oh, well it'll have to wait till a San Francisco trip. Good luck on you venture!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:15 pm   Permalink

RAZZ!!! as founder of the "SAVE LINCOLN'S ADDRESS" commitee, I will fight this chance tooth and rusty nail!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:19 pm   Permalink

Alameda was already Tiki Island once Otto and Baby Doe moved there, then Monica Tiki Goddess and I moved in downstairs from them, plus my pal Eddie Muller (Noir City) lives on the island and has his own backyard tiki bar, plus...IT'S AN ISLAND!
And it's staggering distance from the Thrill-Tiki Von Stroheim/Viharo Pad! Now I'll have a reason to actually leave my house!

WARNING: Alameda cops are like Fairfax cops (home of Vise Grip's) - not much to do. My wife actually got stopped recently for riding her bike through a crosswalk. That's how bored they are (which is good, really, compared to Oakland where you could ride your bike through crosswalks all day and they wouldn't notice unless you shot up a few pedestrians while you were at it, and even then....). Not to throw a wet blanket on the excitement, but as a resident, I feel it's my duty to warn you: don't drive over 25MPH (I mean like not even 30) before or after you hit the Webster Tube or the Park St. bridge (the bar is pretty much in between.)Otherwise, this is pure perfection. Congrats, kids, Otto and I look forward to helping out with the promotions and maybe hosting a few events.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:29 pm   Permalink

What kind of drinks would it have?

I will go to Alameda! (especially if there's a Puka Punch involved)

Harry S. Midnite (or was that MacArthur?)

ps Something seemed fishy last night, and it wasn't just that Bong Bongo soup flashback nightmare I had.

pps where's Alameda?

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:36 pm   Permalink

Sounds great, too bad I live on the other side of the country.

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation