FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Welcome...to Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Welcome...to Forbidden Island
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:37 pm   Permalink

LOL! I think this'll finally get folks to the East Bay, EH???

Mai Tai, you got that right about the guest room...snortle. Somehow I think we'll all be spending much more time in Alameda...

AquaZ is right about Alameda cops, though. A friend of mine got stopped once for going...I kid you not...26 mph! Sheesh. But just be careful and you'll be fine--I've never had a problem and I've bar-hopped in Alameda many times. Just act like it's 1952 and all will be well.

Pretty funny about the Crawl, Mr. S. You almost had me going there for a second!

I'm ZOOOOOOOOOOO happy about this! Congrats to you all!!!

XOX tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:45 pm   Permalink

Hey, Will, are you going to be inviting any "friends" to the grand opening? If so, I'll leave my valuables at home!

Seriously, I did a GIS for "Forbidden Island" and the secret plans for 3M's place appeared:

Do you really need the parrot?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-17 1:44 pm   Permalink

Wow, the SF bay area must be in the lead for most new bonafide tiki places. Seemed like a few years ago we were leading the destruction trend (Lilo, Tiburon Tommies, etc.), but now it's a horse of a different ballgame! It is with the utmost selfishness that I wish you all many years of unparalleled financial success!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 1:45 pm   Permalink

..i'm flyin' out for the opening of this one!!! nice work guys!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 1:52 pm   Permalink

Passionate Authentic Polynesian Tiki Bar. WOHH! Dis is gonna be Outta dis whorled.!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 2:34 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2006-01-17 12:45, Tiki-bot wrote:
Hey, Will, are you going to be inviting any "friends" to the grand opening? If so, I'll leave my valuables at home!

Yea, I'm telling Otto to make sure to BRING HIS CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Mike and Martin might wanna get a 300 pound bouncer nicknamed KONG for the door, checking the cards on all cameras in and out....if you can't identity any of the photos to him, you get strung up in the back patio like a tiki pinata for all the angry drunks to take a whack at! Could add a whole new dimension to these aloha events!!

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 2:40 pm   Permalink

What a dream come true for you guys. CONGRATULATIONS!!! We can't wait to see your work in progress.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 3:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 10:42, thejab wrote:
Martiki, Mano, and Mike!

They know what I'm after,

Martiki, Mano, and Mike!

If it's tiki you want they've got a lot for you,
Bamboo Ben, fresh juice, tiki mugs too

Martiki, Mano, and Mike!

They know what I'm after,

Martiki, Mano, and Mike!

Hey your not callin' the three M's a bunch of Dickies are you?

Way to go fellas. Now I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 3:52 pm   Permalink

CONGRATULATIONS GENTS! Those of us who cannot be there when you open due to the Coon tiki carving event will just have to raise a group toast to you long distance!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amiotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:04 pm   Permalink

Rats, according to Mapquest it's Total Est. Time: 43 hours, 39 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2929.59 miles. Guess I'll miss the opening...sigh...

But it will be AWESOME for all you local folks! Rock on 3M's!

(You wouldn't have any need for a resident archaeologist, would you? hehe)

amiotiki

View Profile of amiotiki Send a personal message to amiotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:34 pm   Permalink

i am thirsty!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 5:09 pm   Permalink

I need booze. Especially rum. Dark rum. Preferably in a Mai Tai. NOW.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 7:31 pm   Permalink

I am so excited about this! I've talked extensively with Martin and Mike about Forbidden Island and I'm convinced this is going to be the place to be in the Bay Area. I can't wait! Congratulations to Martin, Mike, and Manny!

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 8:32 pm   Permalink

Yeah, but will it be wireless?
Hey the site looks way way way cool!! I really like how the graphics fade in from black and remain sort of dark. Very mysterious, just like a tiki bar should.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Lost-Isle Trading Post
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:14 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Fellas!
Can't wait to see & hear more about the new digs.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation