FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 10:30 pm   Permalink

The Fury takes the land and, with his and Mrs. Fury's touch, plant the seeds of paradise wherever they go!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 1:44 pm   Permalink

Hey Bongo looking good so far.....if you need a set of hands here and there hollar at RobRoy and myself.....were only 15 mins away

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-09 9:06 pm   Permalink

Thank you all for you kind words and support.........Post brackets installed......lumber unloaded

OnaTiki setting the corner posts

First header up

The rest tell their own story

I countersunk and drilled holes with OnaTiki setting the lag screws

All posts are up for the room interior.......Headers installed. Not bad for the first day....we will work on the roof line tomorrow and pick up materials next week. It will be a while before the fun begins. Hope you like it so far.....

Bongofury and OnaTiki

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 10:03 pm   Permalink

Yay!!! Pictures!!

Great progress today guys. You make a good team. Hope you both popped some motrin

Can't wait to see what happens next. Keep the pictures coming.

Tell my hubby I miss him.....

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-09 10:31 pm   Permalink

Right on! Finally working! I can hardly wait to see the pics as they arrive.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 07:05 am   Permalink

Roof, what sort of roof? maybe a sweepy longhouse curved roof? Maybe an angled Tall on one side A shaped roof?

Any corrugated steel to be used?

Nice work so far, does one get permits for such a structure? (do the power and gas lines and concrete have to be inspected by some do-gooder city/county snooper?)

Great work, and thanks for posting the photos thus far.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-10 07:31 am   Permalink

Happy Birthday (Tomorrow) Moki! Yeah he misses you too. 88 degrees here yesterday! Nothing like a winter tan.

Yes there are city permits for everything. They have been very easy so far to deal with. All underground sewar, gas, conduit, and concrete footings have been inspected. Next inspection will be rough framing, plumbing, and electrical.

The roof will be metal. City design restrictions and framing complications ($) will prevent us from doing a crazy cool roof.......it will be simple with an angled a-frame at each end. I have our conceptual drawings that I could post, but that may take some of the mystery out of the completed project.......or would you rather see if we can meet our design concept?

I also have pix of the house and yard in progress if you all are interested in seeing those too. Aloha for now.......

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 08:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-10 07:31, bongofury wrote:

I also have pix of the house and yard in progress if you all are interested in seeing those too. Aloha for now.......

Yes please. More pix.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 08:09 am   Permalink

Let's see the design drawings! It will be fun to watch as the reality catches up with the concept.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 10:54 am   Permalink

BongoF, I can't WAIT to see this room, If it is only Half as good as the Old Rincon room, it will Still be Twice as good as Most of them out there. Keep the pix coming!!!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-12 09:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-10 07:31, bongofury wrote:
I have our conceptual drawings that I could post, but that may take some of the mystery out of the completed project.......or would you rather see if we can meet our design concept?

Maybe you could post them in a "Hou Rincon Room Spoiler" thread!

I'd love to see them.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-14 8:05 pm   Permalink

Finally an update......We (me, Mrs Fury, OnaTiki) collaborated on a design to be carved into the ridge beam. That's the beam that supports the top part of the roof. OnaTiki made a template and transferred the design to the sides of the beam...

After routing, before stain......

Bottom design.....

Routed and carved.....

Stained......

Staining after paint applied inside design......

The canoe prow as it will look at the end of the beam.......It will be carved, stained, painted etc......

All this stuff is easier to do at ground level, so no building progress. We should be able to install it tomorrow, then we can start setting rafters.......will post after the beam is in place.

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury 2006-02-14 20:06 ]

The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-14 10:26 pm   Permalink

Man I am loving the progress pic's - I am anxiously waiting the next batch!!! Thanks Mr.& Mrs Fury and OnaTiki for sharing your work!!!
Later,
Spermy

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-02-14 22:28 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-14 10:41 pm   Permalink

Loving the progress so far. Good work guys.

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-14 10:52 pm   Permalink

Moki do you know any of these guys personally?????

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation