FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
LWID
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-17 09:58 am   Permalink

Bongofury,

I am an Associate Producer with HGTV. I would be interested in passing on your information to one of our Segment Producer's to be on our new show, "Look What I Did." If you are interested in this possibility, please reply to the email below with a couple pics and your contact info.

Best,

Pirooz Kalayeh
Associate Producer
Weller Grossman Productions
lwid@wellergrossman.com
www.wellergrossman.com

View Profile of LWID Send a personal message to LWID  Email LWID Goto the website of LWID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-23 08:08 am   Permalink

Here is an update.....most of what we are doing lately is just framing, so
not much worth posting.

Moki came up to make sure we are actually working. Starting to sheath
the roof.

Looking up at the roof detail under the bar.

The bar framed in.

There wont be much going on for the next few weeks as I will need to get
plumbing and electrical in so I can get the rough inspection.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 1:02 pm   Permalink

This is like my favorite mini series on TV ... TO BE CONTINUED NEXT WEEK!
It's so cool to see your progress, I love it.

Any plans to do a time capsule hidden in the walls? Maybe a Benzart pendant A Tiki Farm mug a Monkeyman frame an
Onatiki light, ok the light my not fit but what a cool time capsule it would be. A treasure for someone to find some day.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 1:24 pm   Permalink

All I can say is "Wow" and "LUCKY!!!!"

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 3:25 pm   Permalink

"I love it when a plan comes together"

I'm having great fun watching your bar being built. I see endless possibilities...AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the update bongo!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 3:29 pm   Permalink

Nice A-Team reference Poly! I need to get up there and check out this paradise in progress!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 3:30 pm   Permalink

You guys are insanely hardworking and talented. I love the progress pics. What material are you going to use to cover the roof?

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-03 09:21 am   Permalink

TikiBird-shooting for early summer completion
Alldo-stop by...my surfing days are limited, would love to hear about yours
Bamboo Ben-cabinets in the den where we will keep the cool collectables
TikiJosh-Yes it was in the Fall 2005 issue of Atomic Ranch. No fish tanks, just fish in the pond
Tikiwahine-I look forward to seeing the progress on your pad
Dr. Shocker& RobRoy-thanks for the offer of help, we may need it
TikiKate-I will try to post some of the house yard stuff
HododHank-I created a spoiler post, I have some more drawings I can add, the beams were routed and carved
Swampfire-a timecapsule is a great idea
GatorRob- no complaints from the neighbors......yet. The retired sheriff across the street hasn't spoken to me since we started. Most of these people don't spend much time outside. The guy behind me stuck his head over the fence to ask what we were building. When we told him it was a bar he perked up and started apologizing for his barking dog.
Sabu-the roof is planned to be corrugated metal. we will probably paint it to get rid of some of the shine.
Spermy, Matt Reese, Loki, Bete, Hewey, Benzart, Tikigap, Polynesiac, Chongolio, SuburbanPagan,Monkeyman,VonTiki, UngaBunga, LWID, Kahaka, and everyone that posted.......Thanks for your support and I hope to see you all here someday soon.

We picked up some cut telephone poles from the old Trader Nick's site in Pismo Beach that we will put in the yard somewhere

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-07 08:36 am   Permalink

Here is the latest......room is wired and plumbed, electrician will be back next week to install and wire sub-panel, then rough inspection from the city. The retired sheriff across the street gets a nice view from upstairs.

inside

A little more privacy from the neighbors behind us after the siding is installed

Concrete/stone veneer (70s style, not popular.....special order) on planter wall where railroad ties were taken out

Side yard to street

Side yard to back

Contractors here are spoiled. Afraid to get wet, and we had a very wet March.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-07 09:01 am   Permalink

"The retired sheriff across the street gets a nice view from upstairs. "

Bongo-

Have him over so he can "protect and you can serve!"
(always nice to have good neighbors!!)

Where's my cabinet going??

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-07 09:20 am   Permalink

Bongo, it is Really looking great. Love the concrete/stone work on the planter. The building on the whole looks like it will be strong enough to take a direct hit from a cat 5 hurricane, in other words "Built like a brick Outhouse". Looks like everyone is doing a great job. Through it all your yard looks great. Keep the pic's coming, thanks..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-07 11:28 am   Permalink

Looking good Ron!

Can't wait to see the finished product... though if it looks as good as the side path it will be a tiki paradise!

Love the old school torches

Good to see the surfboards

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-07 12:22 pm   Permalink

Nice Tiki oasis happening there Bongo! Envious.

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-07 5:05 pm   Permalink

Im not surprised. The bongofurys know how to do things right.

Its looks great and I see BIG potential.

Onatiki ?... get him really working and then you will see some results. None of this 10am - 2pm with hour lunch business.

Its clear you are using a winning team.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-11 08:17 am   Permalink

Thanks again everyone. BambooBen- The sheriff has not been as friendly once the hut could be seen over the fence. We will have him over once we get things close to done to show him that we aren't doing human sacrifices although Mrs. Fury told him we buried our ex's under the new driveway. Benzart- yes, we thought if we lost the house in an earthquake we would be safe out back. We took out all of the plants and grass, so we are planting as construction is out of the way. We had a lot of plants in pots from our last house and last year we bought a bunch more when a local nursury went out of business (small plants= $1.50, 1 gallon=$6.00, & 5 gallon=$15.00). Lake Surfer-The surfboards are from the early 80s, both 6'7" single fin. The torches I got about 3 years ago. Vintage look, but they also have a low voltage path light underneath. MaiTiki-It will be our Oasis from work. Monkeyman-Onatiki has been a big help, we hope to have him back after rough inspection so we can make better progress. He usually started at 8:00am and worked til dark, then it was beer, dinner, beer, and bed. No messin around! Here are more pics of the yard/house.

the barbeque

underside of torch. less fuel capacity to allow pathlight underneath.

preview of bathroom sink. cabinet from Marshalls, composite clamshell sink/planter from some home catalog.

looking back to the house from the bar. we added the trapezoid window above the living room window (over bbq) to let in more light. The slider was moved from where the window on the left is. before you had to squeeze around the dining table to get outside, better flow now and we added planters to both sides of the door for the palm trees. The stone will eventually cover the block on the bbq.

side of bbq

other side, pond will be between patio and bar

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation