FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 6:15 pm   Permalink

I thought that it looked good without toes but if he is going to call you from your dream, do what he says. The toes are coming out nice and does not look like an afterthought. Chance for more detail, cool

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-30 10:05 pm   Permalink

More detail = more tiki. Going back a few pages here, the flames are definitely bad-ass. I'm thinking this will be your finest piece so far when all is said & done.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 01:54 am   Permalink

Rodeo, this one is Really looking good.You are getting some good boody movement and structure. We gotts ta see more. Not you, the caring. Bring it to the next SoFloTikiJam. That would be So Cool.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 09:28 am   Permalink

Mahalo for the comps guys , they keep me going.

Got a case of carvers A.D.D yesterday and started something new instead of finishing everything else.

Rough sketch

started to rough out with chainsaw

More to come .....

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 11:16 am   Permalink

Right on!!!!! A true hot rod icon......the flying eyeball and all the history behind it.
Its amazing how an image can reflect a whole 'nother part of the society and people. Just like a tiki from some tiny island.
I never quite understood why tiki and hot rods felt so good together...but they always have......maybe its a nostalgic thing..I don't know. What ya think Rodeo?
Ya do pinstriping? I just bought my first brush.
Tikis and cars and surf and girls.
"Damnit...my greasy hands are staining my Tikis!!!!"

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 2:47 pm   Permalink

This just brought a smile to my long-ass-day-of-work-tired-as-heck-face,

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlienTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 3:06 pm   Permalink

Rodeo, nice work!!!
Can't wait to see it all painted up.
I've always liked Von Dutch. Some may Argue the flying eyeball was not his design.

It's funny when I see people wearing a Von Dutch Baseball cap or an Ed don Hardy cap and they know nothing of the artist, only that it's fashionable. Hey at least the art is being seen.

View Profile of AlienTiki Send a personal message to AlienTiki  Goto the website of AlienTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 4:05 pm   Permalink

it looks like this could be a tough one RT...but it probably won't be all that difficult
for you...will be anxious to see the progress.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alldo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-02 9:10 pm   Permalink

I can't wait for this one. Keep us posted I think it will look awesome!

-Alldo

View Profile of Alldo Send a personal message to Alldo  Email Alldo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 9:13 pm   Permalink

right on rodeo, cant wait to see the progress...

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 10:24 pm   Permalink

Awesome eyeball rodeo! Thats gonna look killa when it happens. Very cool

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 09:14 am   Permalink

Thanks Guys , A little tribute to the man and not the clothing line..
Glad I made ya smile Raff

Here is a shot of some progress , Got lots of sanding still to do.
I have been toying with the idea between paint and stain, I am leaning towards using stain and just add some blue and black for the center of the eye.
Any opinions ?

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 09:20 am   Permalink

RT.
My opinion. Very cool. I am officially taking over your status as worlds slowest carver. You are busting this one out. My initial gut is to paint it, but your the artist and the piece will let you know what it wants...keep it up.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 09:22 am   Permalink

Cool one Rodeo, I guess I have to keep my eye on you. You should carve this as the headdress of your next tiki. You may be on to something. Nice one.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 1:28 pm   Permalink

How did the auction go on the guy on page one?

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation