FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-29 9:56 pm   Permalink

Arrrrrrr!!!?

Arrrrr-some!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 6:03 pm   Permalink

Cool flames Rodeo! Hot tiki!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 6:13 pm   Permalink

ooh. Hot. Literally.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 2:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone. Did a little bit of carving today , Man am I sore from mountain biking on Wednesday. My arms feel like their full of lead.

Any ways , heres what I got done:

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 2:07 pm   Permalink

he's coming along nicely! i love the flames, it looks really cool. i can't wait to see it finished!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki5-0 2006-03-31 14:07 ]

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-02 04:40 am   Permalink

NICE TIKI! Looks like he want to have wheels, keep it up!

ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-02 06:32 am   Permalink

Rodeo,

Man that looks great! I bet those flames are tough to do. Has the wood grain given you any trouble around the flame edges? I imagine it would want to pull out on you across the edges. Keep going man! We want to see lots more! Maybe another update tonight?

Are we gonna see a color stain job?

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-02 9:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks Guys

Gman , the grain does sometime cause trouble , I draw the flames out a little thicker than needed anticipating that I will lose some of the material when they are carved out.

Here is todays progress report... I am still slow!!!

I was torn about paint vs stain on this project. Because I love to see the grain of a carving. So the first attempt the paint covered really well and no grain was visible.I sanded it off and here is where its at. Now the darker red that is deeper in the wing is showing more than the rest of the wing, but after applying a little more paint to the middle it has evened out nice.

I have started to paint the middle and the veins , should be done soon .

Mahalo for looking.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 12:00 am   Permalink

Looking cool man! Can't wait to see this one complete. Maybe some pinstriping on the back of the eyeball?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 01:26 am   Permalink

Rodeo,

That's cool man. I grew up on Roth and "Dutch", before he became a fashion. Always loved their work and emulated it. Nothing wrong with eyeballs and veins. Keep it up. COOL!

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 09:05 am   Permalink

RT,
They both look great. You are going nice and deep on the flames, I like. Like GMAN said, thats got to be tough going....I started digging out some old hot rod pics I've taken over the years at the Turkey Rod run in Daytona every November. I'll throw you a couple Rat Finks for inspiration. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out. With you, they be kick ass for sure.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 11:54 am   Permalink

Hewey, Loki thanks for the compliments. Pops thank you , means alot coming from a hotrodder like yourself.

Here it is almost done. Turned out pretty good considering my lack of painting skills. It just needs a couple of coats of poly and then I need to find somewhere to hang it.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2006-04-03 11:59 ]

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 2:28 pm   Permalink

Looks very cool rodeo! Hang it over the front door!

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 4:20 pm   Permalink

The eye turned out great Rodeo!!! I vote for over the Garage, you know how the neighbors love sharing in your hobby... and as an added bonus since none of them probably know who Von Dutch is they will think it's another one of your weird creepy Tiki items!!!

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-03 4:47 pm   Permalink

Very sweet Rodeo! I likes it. Nor bad for a cat who can't paint

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation