FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » TikiGap's thread - Tiki 20 and other travels - Page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
TikiGap's thread - Tiki 20 and other travels - Page 22
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-28 8:47 pm   Permalink

Jumpin' Jehosafats GAPMAN!!!

SsweeetT Wal-tikis ya got goin' there!...maybe you carve the buggahs other poses, make a mold and do resin casting with real polynesian guano?...ala Coco Joe's (Guano Gap's - 'BaTiKi')TeeHee Central!!!

On Tonga, the flying fruit fox are considered sacred...while in Fiji & Samoas they are considered a delicacy...mmmM YUMMMY!

Keep up the great workz and checkout the low hanging fruit on this one...!!!

flip-flop-flip-flop-flippp...TravelingJones

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-28 11:07 pm   Permalink

Yo TJ! That's it! Guano Gap! I love it!

I think the guano would add the realistic element (excrement?) unlike any other! Great Idea! Thanks for the hit up! How do I make a mold of this? I can use some pointers here. Has that guy got 4 balls?

I had to stop work on the cherry wood mentioned previously - it's cracking and checking too badly. It's been drying for more than 14 months - I thought it would be ok - but nope.... the checks are really bad. It has to stabilize more before I mess with it again.

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-04-28 23:58 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-29 1:37 pm   Permalink

By the way TravellinJ - thanks for the bat picture. It's a good example I can use!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-30 08:18 am   Permalink

H0 G-Gap!

tikigap saiz:
Quote:
"How do I make a mold of this? I can use some pointers here. Has that guy got 4 balls?"

Dunno much about makin' da poopie resin molds...-BUT- try your CoonTiki pal Crazy Al cause he's got a creative hand in the resin tiki market?!?! As for our flying fruity mandingo...just a heavy plantain among the macadamias!

Chow for now....Flip-fl0p-flipPp....

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-02 10:14 pm   Permalink

New stuff. Flying Bat #2

PS: Mr. Jones... thanks for the tip (and props!)

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-08-25 09:51 ]

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 06:00 am   Permalink

There are (were) bats at Hale Tiki from Papua New Guinea. They had very prominate genitals covered by little loin clothes.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 08:55 am   Permalink

They're called Fanihi in Chamoro (Guam) they look just like flying foxes and get huge there. I spent 4 years there. Awesome times.

Beautiful work Gap!

Mahaloz

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-03 9:07 pm   Permalink

Hey! There's dongs on tangs - why not on bats? Hmmm. Loin cloths! Cool twist! Hmmm! Thanks guys!

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-06 8:11 pm   Permalink

Update.

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-08-25 09:52 ]

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-06 11:53 pm   Permalink

Cool bat tiki! Love the concept of it and the carving is great too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 05:13 am   Permalink

Hey TikiGap, I liked the first bat—real, original thinking. Looking forward to this next one.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-07 11:43 am   Permalink

Cool workings TGap, Love the smile. The New batis looking better than the first. Loin cloths?? Horny Bats?? What would Batman say? Forget that, what would ROBIN Say?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 06:26 am   Permalink

Actually, there are vaginas on the bats too. You can find both sexes in PNG carvings.

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-10 7:05 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks for the props you guys - Swanky - I might make one of those for myself. The more the merrier, I always say.

I thought I'd post a couple of my own pictures from my very own Benzart from Coon-Tiki.

Can you guess which side I carved?

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-08-25 09:57 ]

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-11 5:12 pm   Permalink

Battiki 1 and 2 finished:

BatTiki #1

Battiki #2

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-08-25 10:34 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation