FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Harro - What the hells been happening?? pg 13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Harro - What the hells been happening?? pg 13
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 3:07 pm   Permalink

Harro,

That looks perfect! Nice pics! I'm glad you finished him up and that the new owner likes the color. I do too. Sweet stuff. When you get settled we'll expect more great stuffs from you!

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 3:50 pm   Permalink

I don't wanna work, I just wanna bang on me drum all day---very nice! Cool vintage vibe going on with that peice.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 3:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-04 14:55, harro wrote:
Also the new owner saw it and loved the red "and also said it would match their interior."

I love when stuff like that happens. Something doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to, and it ends up being just what someone else was looking for!

Harro, this guy has a great look. To quote GMAN from an earlier post, "I really like the flattened head and the jawline." I agree totally.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 4:04 pm   Permalink

Very cool Harro!
Nice personality on that guy!
And the red turned out nice
and the new owners love it...
what could be more perfect?
have a safe trip!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 4:54 pm   Permalink

This guy turned out fantastic Great Job!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 7:14 pm   Permalink

Cool stuff Harro, you nailed it and it just looks great. Very impressed
with this one!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-04 8:16 pm   Permalink

Nice one, Harro! Looks like all it needed was the clear top coat to make it all better!

Congrats on finishing on time. Have a safe trip!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Toataiaha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 10:16 pm   Permalink

Glad to see things worked out there Harro .
' crisis ? what crisis '. eh ....

and a lesson there for the rest of us huh ,
Thanks

View Profile of Toataiaha Send a personal message to Toataiaha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 11:23 pm   Permalink

Red, blue, purple yellow.... all I see is a really nice Marquesan inspired carving!

Nice work Harro, one to be proud of, and one that must have been tough to part with.

Looking forward to your next creation!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 01:01 am   Permalink

Harro, the finish Really brings out his beauty, Man what a Nice carving and the Color is excellent

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwankyMonkey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-05 08:01 am   Permalink

I'm totally into seeing the artist's hand behind the work - so thanks for not sanding out all the awesome toolmarks. That chiseled texture gives the piece so much life!
Great job!

View Profile of SwankyMonkey Send a personal message to SwankyMonkey  Email SwankyMonkey Goto the website of SwankyMonkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 09:38 am   Permalink

Turned out really sweet! Great job. Happy travels.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 1:28 pm   Permalink

speechless, perfect work and beautiful pix as well. The owner is a lucky one!

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 4:07 pm   Permalink

Aloha Harro!
What a very COOL carving, so much life as if to be really playing some sweet music for us all! Excellent job my friend , and good luck in london and looking forward to whats next from you, Aloha Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-13 08:09 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, this is the first chance I've had to log in to TC since leaving BA...Wow

Last night I had a scorpion bowl for the first time at Trader Vics in Marbella, SPAin!! Looking forward to more in the other tiki bars in England.

Cheers Mooney, benella, Tikilizard, Swankymonkey, Ben, Lake, Toata, Bowana, Conga, seeks, LLT, 4WD, Howland, GMAn, and Tama - really appreciate you guys stopping by and helping out.

Better get back to the beach!!!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation