FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Harro - What the hells been happening?? pg 13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Harro - What the hells been happening?? pg 13
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 3:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-07 07:57, harro wrote:...and with modesty loin-cloth :

At first glance I thought someone had tipped our little friend a dollar!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 3:44 pm   Permalink

Perfect work, harro. I'm simply loving this Tang. The color is wonderful and te design you carved stick perfectly with the wood. It seems you've made an amazing work of sanding because the grain spring beautifully.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 08:08 am   Permalink

...So where's the new one?

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 06:15 am   Permalink

ahh Clarita, thanks for bumping this and kicking my ass into gear!!

Firstly, belated thanks to all that dropped in and said g'day to the little tang after he was finished - Benzart, Tiki Kaimuki, Capt'n Skully, Bowana, Mooney, Seek, Robin, Hewey, Grog, FBM, Benella, Hodadhank - really appreciate it. He's not really finished yet though, as I still havent put any wax or varnish on him yet - he's still getting a bit redder by the day though.

So I have started another one for Clarita, in a piece of fresno wood (kinda like pine i think) that she ever so kindly found for me. After the quebracho its like carving butter!! Haven't made much progress so far but here's how it looks. It's kinda based on the head of the Hanalei hotel tiki.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 11:43 am   Permalink

Yay! is looking great!! stop complaining and carve, you! I'm Happy!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 3:20 pm   Permalink

Mate youve got a great eye for this

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-17 8:23 pm   Permalink

That's already a fine looking piece, Harro! Fresno is Ash wood ( I looked it up in my Spanish Dictionary!). Clarita will be getting a very cool gift from you!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 8:48 pm   Permalink

More than mighty fine beginning there Harro. Hard to believe you're doing this in another land...now that's commitment! Clarita's pretty lucky to have this to look forward to...

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 05:35 am   Permalink

Aloha harro!!!What you got going on my friend the lines look pretty sweeeeeet looking for some more my friend.Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 7:24 pm   Permalink

great pieces, Harro! that tang came out with a wonderfully classic feel to him. and the new guy is shaping up awesome!

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-29 10:24 pm   Permalink

harro your carving just gets better and better keep up the good work my friend

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-31 04:36 am   Permalink

Top shelf ! Any update ?

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 3:21 pm   Permalink

Hi Clarita - this guy is taking some time to pop out of his fresno skin, but when he does he will be looking forward to living with you in your little bamboo hideaway!

Thanks Hewey - whats news back home? I hear Shag is coming back down to Outre soon?

Bowana - thanks for doing the homework on this wood!! Can I come to you every time I get lost in translation here? (just about every day).

Thanks Robin, how's the jade pieces going?

Mooney - thanks mate, I love your lonos and all the different projects you have going, I just wished you'd post more pics!

Greentikipat - thanks for stopping by! your paintings are wicked.

Marcus - mate, where you been?!?! we all want to know and see some more tasty pics from you!! Any news from brisbane way?

Thanks Benella - i'm looking forward to seeing your guy finished too!

Here's some progress pics:

still a bit of work to do yet!

cheers,
harro.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 5:44 pm   Permalink

Man I love that Lono! Looks great, I might have to do a similar one now!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 8:51 pm   Permalink

Wow, you're really making progress. He's really coming out of there. This wood seems like it's easier to work than the last guy. Jade pieces are coming along.

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation