FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 07:27 am   Permalink

hey, had a really good time on da' island of Oregon, beautiful city of Portland. Must see more. Thanks again to everyone who organized.
Oregon drivers, I noticed are much more courteous and safer than Cali drivers, generally speaking.
Good to finally meet and talk to more of the NW Tiki people.

When I was wheeling one of my carvings back to my room from the vending area I overheard a girl on the second floor ask, "What's that?" Her friend answered, "It's a Tiki God."

Resting in bed one evening, my wife and I were watching a science program on TV. They showed an illustration of the sea floor and the dynamics of plate tectonics. Suddenly, Mrs. JT says, "Look, it's a Moai!" Surprised, I turn my head horizontal and sure enough, there it was, a Moai on the sea floor facing up. Delighted that she would see this, I looked at her and proclaimed, "You're turning Tiki." Her reply, "No, I've just been brainwashed for the weekend."

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-06-28 08:02 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 08:19 am   Permalink

Despite Heather trying to knock my husband's eye out with a key chain on the bus.... we had the best time!

Thank you everyone for making this year's event better than the last one. It's hard work and don't think for a minute that we don't appreciate every second of it.

See you all next year if not sooner.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 09:18 am   Permalink

I'm glad you all had a good time--we worked hard on the event and it is nice to see it pay off!

More pictures! I had no time to take any this year so I'm relying on all of you.

The keychain was an accident! Don't sue!

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 09:31 am   Permalink

I think all the organizers are hoping for more photos-- none of us had time to take any!

And, Dancin' Lizard, if you decide to sue, you could get a share of NW Tiki LLC's vast resources! As of right now, you could ...uh... owe $200 to the Crawl! Go ahead, sue! It'll mean we can spread the debt out to another person!

http://www.nwtiki.com for more information.

[ This Message was edited by: Kim 2006-06-28 09:33 ]

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-28 4:49 pm   Permalink

Who's Lambretta? Reminds me of my LI 125 I had in the 80s (until it was stolen).

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-28 7:16 pm   Permalink

Jab - you were missed my friend! How was your trip overseas?

The Scoot in question belongs to Robertiki. If it is your long lost stolen one - you can start looking there.

Thanks again to all who came, who saw and who drank at the Tiki Kon.

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bothellbill
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-28 8:48 pm   Permalink

The rest of the best of my photos.

Bill

View Profile of bothellbill Send a personal message to bothellbill  Email bothellbill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 08:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-28 20:48, bothellbill wrote:
The rest of the best of my photos.

Bill

Your framing is superb, Bill. Great composition.
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 08:25 am   Permalink

I really like the shot of Larry in front of the Alibi!

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 08:41 am   Permalink

Bill, finally a decent pic of me! Thanks!

And would you send me the big version (if there is one) of the Larry at the Alibi photo? I'd love to have that printed and framed for him, it is great! (of course I would put your name on it).

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bothellbill
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-29 12:57 pm   Permalink

Yes, I liked that shot of Larry at the Alibi and had a 5x7 printed to mail to him but if you want the 3m files I can send it. Which shot did you like? I suspect the seated one. Anyone who wants a file, let me know.

bothellbill@gmail.com

View Profile of bothellbill Send a personal message to bothellbill  Email bothellbill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 1:38 pm   Permalink

Bill, by all means send the photo to Larry! I know he will be thrilled!

I admit to being pleased with the sitting bus shot of myself. Thanks again for taking all the pics and posting them so promptly!

QueenAlani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-29 2:01 pm   Permalink

Awesome photos - awesome time. Thanks to everyone for a heck of a fun weekend. I took photos but I'm old school - I'll probably get the prints back tomorrow and I can scan the (any?) good ones.

I'm very green at this - can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to post photos on TC? Thankyouthankyouverymuch.

View Profile of QueenAlani Send a personal message to QueenAlani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
phynix
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-29 2:06 pm   Permalink

Thank you to everyone who made NW Tiki Kon possible! Shawn and I had such a wonderful time that we're trying to figure out if it's possible to get our place ready for next years tour. Thank you to everyone for welcoming us into your homes, we loved being able to see your personal bars. Heather, you ARE the Hostess with the Mostess, if you need help with next year let me know. Thank you for keeping things running smoothly. To all you who helped Larry get the Alibi looking so nice, you did an AMAZING job! Even the drinks taste better! Brunch was a wonderful idea. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure all of us had a great time, I couldn’t have asked for a better weekend. I look forward to drinks with our new friends!

In fact, we had so much fun that we’re planning on going to the Seattle Tour in August. (Well, Shawn doesn’t know yet. Heehee)
Anyone else going?

Steve the Spanish tutor at the back of the bus – I managed to lose your business card. Please get in touch with us! (or if anyone knows him, please pass this on.)

Here are the few pictures I took. I’m sure they would have been more comprehensive if I didn’t always have a drink in my hand! Hopefully this linky thingy works since I don’t know how to post on here yet!

Liza

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phynix/

View Profile of phynix Send a personal message to phynix  Goto the website of phynix     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 2:15 pm   Permalink

Hiya Queen!
When your photos have been scanned in, you first need to sign up for a free photo hosting service such as
Fotki, Potobucket, or Shutterfly. Alternately, you can post your photos over at the Tiki Gallery.

When you've done that, click on the image to enlarge it to it's biggest size, and right click on it. Choose 'Properties' then copy and paste the entire address in the 'Location'.

Start a new post, and paste into it the 'location' for the image with these 'img' tags on either end(but without the spaces):

[ img ] http:www.randomwebsite.com/img/yourpicture.jpg [ /img ]

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation