FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 2:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-25 13:49, Dancin' Lizard wrote:
We called the Jupiter Hotel this morning for our reservations. They went "HUH?!!!" No special NW Tiki Crawl rates confirmed yet. Made the reservations anyway. It's a cool place and better safe than sorry.

The Jupiter WILL be our official hotel again this year, and special rates WILL be extended. The only delay is that Al, the manager, is out of the office and won't be back for a week. Make sure you tell them that you're with the crawl, and that it's o.k. that they don't know anything about it because Al will tell them everything when he gets back.

I highly recommend the Jupiter as we will likely be using it as a central meeting point for all crawl activities this year. Stay where the action is!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-25 11:02, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-01-25 09:24, sweetpea wrote:

They changed the dates of the music festival
I'm going to (I wanna be like The Jab)and it's the
same days as the crawl.

Indianapolis? I know you never miss that one. See you at Green Bay in 2007!

You know I won't miss Indy! You should go sometime. it's actually a relaxing weekender!
Is there really gonna be a Greenbay2007?
CRIPES. I don't think I'd live through another.

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 07:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-25 15:10, sweetpea wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-01-25 11:02, thejab wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-01-25 09:24, sweetpea wrote:

They changed the dates of the music festival
I'm going to (I wanna be like The Jab)and it's the
same days as the crawl.

Indianapolis? I know you never miss that one. See you at Green Bay in 2007!

You know I won't miss Indy! You should go sometime. it's actually a relaxing weekender!
Is there really gonna be a Greenbay2007?
CRIPES. I don't think I'd live through another.

Sweetpea, just a reminder that it's just a quick run down from Indy to
Lotus Garden in Greenwood.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 09:40 am   Permalink

ahhh, i will look into the Lotus Garden!!!
I'll mapquest it from our hotel.
Then if I can steal a car...
Friday, DJ Del Villareal and I will hopefully be holding our
2nd annual BBQ and Tiki Party at the pool.
Last year I had 5 blenders going with 2 backups... hahaha
http://www.chicagorockabilly.com/2005/INDY/Pool%20Friday/Pool1.html
pardon the horrid pix of me, it was like 95 degrees, humid, and I was workin my tushie off with the blenders.
http://www.chicagorockabilly.com/2005/INDY/Pool%20Friday/Pool%202/Pool2.html
The best part of the party was getting tossed in the pool at the end! it felt good!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 11:28 am   Permalink

Any chance we can have some juicy tid-bits of what to expect this year?

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 11:40 am   Permalink

And will there be a home bar crawl again?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 12:08 pm   Permalink

It's early yet to be giving out too many details, but you can count on our signature home bar tour for sure! We're also working on getting more vendors, having them display longer, and setting it up so you can actually see what they're selling. All in all, expect a new approach to the NW Crawl, with more emphasis on social activities. More to come!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-29 08:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-26 12:08, TikiMaxton wrote:
We're also working on getting more vendors, having them display longer, and setting it up so you can actually see what they're selling.

I would like to be a vendor this year! I bought a little table-top battery operated lantern just for that!

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 4:49 pm   Permalink

We're all set up with the Jupiter Hotel again. You can go to directly to our custom booking page at http://tinyurl.com/d7ag9 to get the NW Tiki Crawl preferred rate. If you've already booked at the Jupiter, just give them a buzz and let them know you're coming up for the Crawl and they'll fix you right up.

The Jupiter has had a tremendous year, and jacked up their rates considerably, but our Crawl preferred rate is only $5 per room higher than last year, and still a great deal. The Jupiter is where it's at this year, with a lot of our core activities centered or starting there. It's where the bus will pick up, and where a lot of the action will be taking place for this year's event. If you're looking for a place to stay for the crawl, you can't get any closer than the Jupiter, official hotel of NW Tiki Crawl '06!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMaxton 2006-02-13 16:53 ]

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 6:04 pm   Permalink

Reservations SET.

I am seeking a roomate to share the room for Fri and Sat Night.

PM me if interested.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 7:13 pm   Permalink

Book 'em Dano.

oops, wrong show.

we're booked. Great excitement fills Jungle Trader's heart.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:09 pm   Permalink

Any more information on the crawl? Itchy to know.

TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 3:39 pm   Permalink

Sorry to have been silent for so long - we're furiously planning and forgot to come of for air! Here's what I can tell you so far:

First, We're officially changing the name of the NW Tiki Crawl to NW Tiki Kon. The reason for this is that this year's event is going to be so much more than a crawl. Much of our activities, including vendors and entertainment, will be take place at the Jupiter Hotel, with various crawls and excursions branching out from that central location. So the Jupiter's where you want to be!

Second, you can expect website updates and more specific announcements within the next couple of weeks. Keep checking
http://www.nwtiki.com for updates, and make sure you join the forums so you'll be among the first to know about any new information. We'll announce the launch of this year's site right here, as well.

Finally, tickets will go on sale in April. Because we will have so much more to offer this year, the pricing structure will allow for maximum flexibility; you can go "a la carte" on many of the events, or whole hog and enjoy every second of everything.

That's all I can say for now. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

TikiMaxton

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 5:34 pm   Permalink

Bring it!

Sounds like you have been putting a lot of effort and energy into this.

Looking forward to the event..

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 10:50 am   Permalink

Wonderful news! Can't wait for the announcement. I've got a fist full of dollars and am ready to buy the Big Kahuna Ticket plan! Would that be the 3 day Tiki Hopper ticket?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation