FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Gallery & Bar, Melbourne - Work in progress
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Gallery & Bar, Melbourne - Work in progress
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 4:41 pm   Permalink

OK, as promised! Some work in progress photos of the Polynesian - Tiki style Gallery & Bar opening soon in Melbourne.

Firstly, I created some planter boxes on casters for my living bamboo, to use as "cafe barriers" outside.

Me at work (proof of my efforts!) and a bamboo panel in the background which will be explained later...

Finished planter boxes (not a great pic) and the bamboo panel getting a stain...

The bamboo panel finished and will be the new front door! There will an addition to this door to surround the number plaque, to be revealed later...

The custom bar being put together...

The finished bar from the bartender's view...

The custom made coffee tables just after their final clear coat...

And some creative shots of the place "so far"!

Feature wall:

Hand made candle holders:

The gallery & bar from different angles:

More to be done and I will post pictures as I go...

Thanks for looking!

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 4:46 pm   Permalink

Very nice and very creative!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 4:51 pm   Permalink

AH, So THIS is how you do it down under!! Very Impressive. Very clean and sharp looking. I Really love the coloring on the Bamboo. Hurry and finish it so we can see More.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 4:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-24 16:51, Benzart wrote:
AH, So THIS is how you do it down under!! Very Impressive. Very clean and sharp looking. I Really love the coloring on the Bamboo. Hurry and finish it so we can see More.

I should explain that the white coffee table and black couch you see in the pics were originally in the room from when I was only operating my design studio from there. It was the 'client meeting' space! I still work my design business here, just behind those green curtains. Hence the "clean and sharp" look.

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 5:18 pm   Permalink

Really nice job! If I could only get to Melborne for a cocktail that would be great.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 11:05 pm   Permalink

Awesome looking tiki space! Its nice to see a light and airy tiki place. Lots of people go for dark tiki bars as it is easy to give it ambiance with strategically placed lamps. Its a bit harder to make a light and airy tiki bar look as cool. You nailed it pretty damn good.

The walls look a bit bare though, maybe you could try some cool war clubs or something...

LOVE those tables

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 11:36 pm   Permalink

PS - love the Bert stencil in the first picture! Ive done a little stencil work myself as well. Very cool medium.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 12:16 am   Permalink

Very nice and chic.

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-25 12:31 am   Permalink

Welcome HMC. Nice to see a tiki place in australia - and you have done a great job of it, modern but with the polynesian feel. I travel to Melbourne and Sydney at least once a year so it will be great to drop in on you. If I can help with anything dont hesitate to contact me.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wolli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-25 03:16 am   Permalink

Wow.....awesome design !
You did a great job till now. Can't wait to see more photos of your bar.

View Profile of Wolli Send a personal message to Wolli  Goto the website of Wolli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 04:10 am   Permalink

hi hmc,
very smart looking space - well done!
look forward to having a cocktail there in person soon..
keep us up-to-date.

ps go bert!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 1:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks all for your feedback! I see this everyday and sometimes lose sight of how it's coming along. It's great to hear your feedback as it makes me feel like I'm doing OK!

OnaTiki - it would be great to have international guests at the bar... come on down!

hewey - Thanks, thanks, thanks! I agree about the light & airy... while still achieving ambiance (and mystery). Oh the walls... You don't need to tell me how bare they look The artwork is the last thing going up once the bar is complete... Pretty proud of those tables too, original hmc designed

tfisherart - thanks for the "cool & chic" compliment!

tiki beat by marcus thorn - would love to see you here in Melbourne on one of your visits. We'll definitely arrange something to get your work here, I'll respond to your pm again soon.

Wolli - thanks! I'll be posting pictures of my latest purchases and construction soon... a Bamboo sheet and roof thatch strips...

harro - Hi Harro, nice to see another Aussie in here.

hewey & harro - Go Bert!!!! Funny you mentioned him I have Rove on the other side of that box too. I have stenciled both Bert & Rove in the city, there are 3 Bert heads down Hosier Lane and a Bert & Rove down Croft Alley. You can see pics of my efforts here:
http://artist.stateofflux.com/hmc

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 2:21 pm   Permalink

Those coffee tables are awesome!!!! The whole place looks great.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
magnusm

Posted: 2006-02-02 12:41 am   Permalink

Sure looking good. I have to book a trip DownUnder A.S.A.P

View Profile of magnusm Send a personal message to magnusm  Goto the website of magnusm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 08:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-28 13:07, hmc wrote:
hewey & harro - Go Bert!!!!

Who's Bert? I thought that was Pablus...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation