FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Gallery & Bar, Melbourne - Work in progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Gallery & Bar, Melbourne - Work in progress
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 6:22 pm   Permalink

I love the Brunette! Very seductive, the eyes are spot on

The front door looks cool. Hell, the whole place looks cool

Have you considered some coffee table books for people to peruse (and buy?). I'm thinking stuff like the Book of Tiki, books on SHAG, books like Hot Rod or Hot Rod Pinups by David Perry (are you familiar with David's books?)

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-05 9:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks hewey!

There's a bigger pic of that one here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=17960&forum=12&start=28

I have considered leaving my own coffee table books out, but I've been told not to do it as they may get damaged! Perhaps I put ones for sale on the bookshelf near the bar (with prices), so people don't walk off with them.

I'm not familiar with David Perry but I'm looking it now*, thanks for the info!

*Have just had a quick look at his website and he happens to be one of the photographers of the lovely lady I have based my artwork on. How about that hey!

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:46 pm   Permalink

I remember seeing the beginnings of the bar and thought how clever and sheik. Now I put your name from the how to mug posts with these bar posts and it all makes sense. The super clean look which is how I thought a tiki bar could look when I first thought about a bar years ago.

I just don't think I would have the sign about refusing at the door. I would want nothing but welcoming at the door. Refusing behind the bar if need be.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 8:22 pm   Permalink

The place looks really good. Nice job. Every home bar I've come across on these pages are all so cool and so indicative of the people who build them. Just wonderful!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JimTandem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 11:44 pm   Permalink

H,
Let me chime in and say your gallery/bar is looking fantastic. Wow, you've done a lot of work...nicely thought out and executed too. It's sure to be a place to visit for any tiki folks in your area, heck, any folks period! It just looks so casual and comfortable.... I sure would want to hang out, have a few drinks, check out the art and trade some stories.

View Profile of JimTandem Send a personal message to JimTandem  Email JimTandem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 10:02 pm   Permalink

teaKEY: Thanks for the compliments! The sign is quirky, and it stays. Besides, it has a Tiki on it! Realistically though, it makes me feel more comfortable with it up. I don't want arguments from people that are under 18 wanting to come in - I'd rather signs up than the confrontation.

Matt Reese: Thank you!

JimTandem: And thank you too Jim. That's exactly what I want people to come here and do.

We've been open for 2 weeks now, I'll post some launch photos soon. Also, my brunette pin-up seems to be the most talked about here. Interestingly enough - not much of the Tiki gets a mention

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 10:46 pm   Permalink

Hmc, Those paintings are freaking amazing. WOW!!!! The whole place looks really great.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 04:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-13 22:02, hmc wrote:
We've been open for 2 weeks now, I'll post some launch photos soon. Also, my brunette pin-up seems to be the most talked about here. Interestingly enough - not much of the Tiki gets a mention

That sucks about the tiki

I think the appeal of the brunette is the eyes, and the off centre focus creates a sense of drama. Sweet

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation