FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Bill Sapp, the catalog
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 08:25 am   Permalink

Yes Jeff, great research and image excavation, thank you!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 05:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-12 06:27, tikiskip wrote:
Hey Jeff Bill loved it!!
Great work.

Thanks tikiskip!!!

Great photo!! We need to send that to Nick!

Thanks for the nice compliment Bigbro. That was only half of the article. I have LOTS of extra pictures too that didn't get used including the picture of the unrealized Kahiki that was planned for the riverfront district in downtown Columbus.

Bill's face says it all.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: jeff central 2008-05-13 08:30 ]

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SufferinSimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-21 9:15 pm   Permalink

Fantastic article Jeff! I particularly enjoyed the pre-opening glamour shot of the interior.

View Profile of SufferinSimon Send a personal message to SufferinSimon  Goto the website of SufferinSimon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 9:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-30 14:59, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wow, from when is that bowl? From the 70s? It's the only Moai I have seen from there that looks somewhat like the their artwork.

ha - fooled you!!.. and of all people, too !! ....

Sven...how soon we forget....the bowl is a recent ..the reason the moai look so authentic to the logo of kahiki....is because i made the goddamn things!!! yes, those were my sculpts that someone stole and made into ceramics to be used as feet for bowls and for necklaces.....remember all those necklaces at the kahiki closing?? I used to produce those resin ones exclusively for kahiki for about 2 years prior to closing.....anyway, i went off about this topic a few years back on tiki central....i'm not gonna rehash it again...just wanted to point it out so that there is no confusion as to if it is vintage or not.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 05:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-07 20:30, tikiskip wrote:
Here's a postcard that someone fixed up for me.
Can you tell the three superimposed people?

heh, that is classic skip!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-22 5:08 pm   Permalink

Yeah JD I love that card too.

Hey Tipsy what took so long?
I knew you would spot that right away.
They made some for the Tropical Bistro
but the place went out before they could use them.
I'm trying to get my hands on one now.
That one is from one of the owners collection.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 5:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-22 17:08, tikiskip wrote:

I remember one of the sweet Kahiki outlet store ladies showing me one of the prototypes of that bowl (which I thought was very cool!) & saying that they were going to make them, but the ceramicist was having some issues at home, so they weren't sure when they were going to have them. Alas, circumstances changed & the outlet closed before they ever showed-up there....

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 6:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-22 17:08, tikiskip wrote:

skip-

i made a big stink about these awhile back on here when they first appeared......i called michael tsao to tear him a new one about selling these in the kahiki outlet shop.....the details of which were chronicled in an earlier post a few years back....we came to an understanding.....then he died 2 weeks later.......anyway, i basically let it go and since then i haven't seen the necklaces or bowls for sale on ebay or anywhere....which is good.

it would have been nice to at least have gotten a bowl or something for my hard work and trouble...

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-05-22 18:44 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-23 04:51 am   Permalink

I will see if I can get you one Dave.
Did not know that the Kahiki was the ones who made
this bowl.

You did a great job on the Moai necklace.

I too called michael tsao a week before he died.
He wanted one of my videos of the Kahiki last night party.
Did end up giving a video to his wife.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-23 08:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-23 04:51, tikiskip wrote:
I will see if I can get you one Dave.
Did not know that the Kahiki was the ones who made
this bowl.

You did a great job on the Moai necklace.

I too called michael tsao a week before he died.
He wanted one of my videos of the Kahiki last night party.
Did end up giving a video to his wife.

that would be cool....i believe they were made by an outsourced ceramicist in ohio..I think tiki central's bdler3 had something to do with it....haven't seen him post here since he was hawking those things on ebay a couple years back...

TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 07:06 am   Permalink

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 10:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-23 08:06, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

bdler3 had something to do with it...

IIRC i believe bdler3 was somehow notified that his behavior regarding distribution of kahiki artifacts was not taken kindly, and afterwards his interest in said activities waned...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 7:32 pm   Permalink

Yep, made a trip up that way a few years ago to take some pictures of the "infamous Walgreen's" and picked up a couple of Kahiki artifacts from him for a project brewing down below the Mason-Dixon Line. He seemed pretty intimidated by some flack he was getting. I never heard anything more from him after that.

View Profile of Swamp Tiki Send a personal message to Swamp Tiki  Email Swamp Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-02 8:58 pm   Permalink

TAAA DAAAAAA!!!

Here they are...some of the original master casts that the molds were made from......these are the biological parents of all the kahiki necklaces i made, out there in the world..... a few still have their pour spouts attached.

virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-03 03:51 am   Permalink

cool. I want one !!

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation