FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Lee Henry, The catalog
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
KAHIKI Columbus, ohio tiki bar restaurant. Lee Henry, The catalog
MARGOGRAM

Posted: 2014-12-06 1:38 pm   Permalink

Hello, I was hoping you could help my husband and me determine how we should best market our 11 pieces of Hitiki/Kahiki items. We are from Columbus, Ohio and about 20 years ago we were looking at a car that a guy had for sale. He had JUST put a bunch of stuff out by his garbage can. My husband looked at it and determined they were a bunch of Tiki gods and some other odds and ends. He asked the guy if he was throwing them out and he said yes and that we could have anything we wanted. He said the Tiki gods were prototypes for items that were sold at the Kahiki here in Columbus. We brought them home and put them in our garage and that is where they have sat for these past 20 years. We sell on eBay and today we brought them in to start our research. The pieces are marked Hitiki and of course we were able to find out that they were made by Jack Hite and that he was a commercial artist that was hired by the Kahiki to create items for use at the supper club. We have a total of 11 pieces. I was wondering if you could tell us how rare these are and if we should sell them on eBay or if there might be some national auction for vintage Polynesian supper club items. Any information you can give would be most appreciated. Many thanks for your time.

View Profile of MARGOGRAM Send a personal message to MARGOGRAM      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-06 2:37 pm   Permalink

It will help if you can post photos. I'm sure we would all like to see the pieces.

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-11 11:50 am   Permalink

eBay would be your best bet for getting these items to the most people!

Yes, pictures would really help in determining rarity plus this is the Kahiki Catalog thread!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-11 12:01 pm   Permalink

I concur with Jeff. The market for Tiki is still relatively limited, and it certainly has not reached auction house levels. However, there are a few passionate collectors who would pay well for these items. They will find you on e-bay …especially if you post the auction info here.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-11 1:06 pm   Permalink

I sent this PM....

Do you still have these items?
If so I don't know if you can send photos or not.
I could come and see them as well I live in Columbus Ohio.
Let me know and good luck.
John

About one week ago, and it has not been opened.
When I first saw this I thought it a hoax.

I get a few hoax pms now and then and have found that many times
when it's a new poster that just signed up it often is false.

This kind of thing brings joy to small people who have lots of time on their hands.
Would be nice if TC could weed out or have a way to block or catch these false

Beside the fact that the new mugs lots of times sell for more than that first gen Kahiki Hoffman crap
from 1962.

The Lunatics Have surely Taken Over The Asylum!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-11 2:11 pm   Permalink

Tikiskip,

Hopefully the person will check back on the PM and you get to see the pieces. In the mean time, here is a little nugget to help with your Kahiki fix:

A Kahiki Clam-shell Ashtray.

Tada.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-11 3:24 pm   Permalink

NICE!
Never seen that before.
On one hand it looks like the really old.
But then it looks kinda like the newer stuff as well.
Odd.

The "kahiki" in this ash tray has that same style writing of old.
But the early stuff had like one glaze or two, brown and teal in the center of mugs.

I'm finding old Kahiki first gen stuff more and more now in the wild.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-11 7:14 pm   Permalink

The ashtray Dc posted is from time period of Michael Tsao ownership.

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-12 07:53 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info on that ashtray, I've never seen that one before.

The person with the Hi Tiki items may be bringing it to the record convention this weekend to get my advice on them. I will have a table set up this weekend in Columbus if anyone wants to stop by. I'll have Kahiki books too!

Hopefully, I can take a few pictures and document what they have before they sell them. Heard they are prototypes and they are signed as well.

I will report back!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-12 08:08 am   Permalink

"I can take a few pictures and document what they have before they sell them"

Why don't you just show them to us after you buy them?

Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-12 1:15 pm   Permalink

I wish!!! The thought did cross my mind though!

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-12 1:55 pm   Permalink

Well good luck.
How did you get ahold of MARGOGRAM Jeff?

Tumatauenga
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-12-13 7:32 pm   Permalink

I recently purchased this HiTiki Cannibal piece. Anyone know If the Cannibal tikis were sold at Kahiki?

View Profile of Tumatauenga Send a personal message to Tumatauenga  Email Tumatauenga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-13 9:58 pm   Permalink

Wow. There needs to be a Hitiki thread. Is there one? Love all this Kahiki stuff popping up!!

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-14 12:54 pm   Permalink

Have NO idea if these were ever sold inside the Beachcomber Gift Shop but damn, that is one awesome Hi Tiki Cannibal!!!!!

Nice find!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation