FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New Chicago Trader Vic's TV announcement - Feb. 7
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New Chicago Trader Vic's TV announcement - Feb. 7
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-05 4:11 pm   Permalink

Any updates on the planned Trader Vic's that the Harey Carey's people are opening in Chicago.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 12:36 pm   Permalink

Yes, any news about where they're putting the new TV's?

Also, I have to add my shock and sadness at the closing of The LEGENDARY Berghoff. My wife and I didn't discover it until about 12 or so years ago, but everytime we found ourselves downtown, we HAD to make it there for a delicious cold brew, and they're great food. That AMAZING creamed spinich, awesome pork tenderloin medallions and their raspberry cobbler were to die for.

Sniff...

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-06 12:48 pm   Permalink

..no news and i don't expect to hear anything about it till after the first of the year as they are opening in 2007, according to latest reports.....rest assured, we will be shouting it from the rooftops once we hear even the slightest inkling...till then, let's not resurrect this thread till something affirmative is heard on the subject.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-06 5:10 pm   Permalink

Not to digress from the topic but I will miss Berghoff's also, almost as much as I will miss the old Chicago Trader Vic's.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mctiger

Posted: 2007-03-05 1:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-27 11:08, tikibars wrote:
Scott Zuziak, owner of Tiki Terrace, has won national competitions as a fire dancer.

I'll tell him to get in touch.

Scott Zuziak has not won any national competitions as a fire knife dancer. He has competed in the annual We Are Samoa World Fire Knife Competition at the Polynesian Cultural Center where he has been in the semi-finals, but never the finals.

View Profile of mctiger Send a personal message to mctiger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-03-05 5:50 pm   Permalink

Guess it is kinda late in the game to expect the TV to be open by the end of July...as I will be in Chicago on business. Any more news?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-13 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-03-05 13:13, mctiger wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-01-27 11:08, tikibars wrote:
Scott Zuziak, owner of Tiki Terrace, has won national competitions as a fire dancer.

I'll tell him to get in touch.

Scott Zuziak has not won any national competitions as a fire knife dancer. He has competed in the annual We Are Samoa World Fire Knife Competition at the Polynesian Cultural Center where he has been in the semi-finals, but never the finals.

From my perspective, anyone who gets that far is a winner!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation