FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 02:06 am   Permalink

ay carumba!

itz 2 am and i be drinkin' coffe, gearing up fo' mo werk aka tiki tiki at da Kon Tiki!! When da catz are aways, da mice will play!!

party party tiki tiki !!!

saturday. Saturday! SATURDAY!!!

Good times!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-21 08:54 am   Permalink

***CRAWL ALERT!!!*****

Friday afternoon from 4:30 til ??? We will be hosting an "open house" with cocktails being made and served by Ali'i and SoccerTiki.....

Smuggler's Inn, Tucson Room 119 (in the corner by the pool!)

Bring your bathing suit and get prepped for the BIG KONTIKI PARTY tomorrow night!!!!!

WoooooHoooooooooooo!!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-21 2:51 pm   Permalink

SAD NEWS...... The Smugglers Inn will be Closing its doors on July 31, 2006. They are going to turn the property into an assisted living home. If you haven't had a chance to stay here make sure you come and visit before the end of July.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 09:47 am   Permalink

what the???? a blurry eyed computer screen at 12AM... after an 18 hour shift.... eek gad' i bought a ticket to my ol' home the Sonoran Desert... see ya there

TIKI MAGAZINE any one??

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 2:44 pm   Permalink

Leavin right now & I'm on my way!
See you crazy kids in a couple hours!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 03:30 am   Permalink

Somebody post some pictures when they sober up. Thanks!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: Jeff Central 2006-04-23 03:30 ]

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-23 11:43 am   Permalink

It was so great to meet Louie and all the TCers that were at the Kon Tiki last night. My better half and I had the best time!!!!! The place looks great and the food was wonderful!!!! Thank you so much WooHooWahine and SoccerTiki for setting things up at the Smugglers Inn! Wish we were going to Tiki Oasis this year, but I think we will try and make it next year. Hope everyone gets back home safe and sound. Mahalo!!

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-23 12:35 pm   Permalink

Ok....Back in L.A. and still recovering from 5 days of KonTiki fun! What an awesome party last night!!! Louie, Marco and Ben, all your hard work paid off BIG TIME!!! Louie-you are a great host!!! Marco-Great drinks!!!

Can you say "WoooHoooo!"??? We know Tucson can now!!!!!!

Here're a few pics.....

I'm sure there will a lot more to follow-There were a lot of camera flashes throughout the night!!!

Thanks Moki for "fixin' the pix" (see below)
[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-04-23 12:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-04-25 09:27 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 12:54 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-23 4:04 pm   Permalink

All I can say is WOOOOHOOOO!!! Tuscon's TCers know how to PARTY!!
Mucho Mahalos to: Louie & Marco for making The Kon Tiki the BEST Tiki Bar in Arizona,
The Notorious Bamboo Ben for the Hours of work he put into recreating The Kon Tiki,
Cheeky Half & Mr.Cheeky Half for hosting a Tiki-rrific Party at their Tuscon Tiki
Oasis, The Smokin Menehunes for taking us on a Musical Journey to a Tropical Paradise, The Waitresses and Bouncers of The Kon Tiki for their incredible service, Holden and Doug Horne for creating some incredible memorabilia to take home, Crazy Al for teaching us some new moves on the dance floor, and to every TCer who attended this event. I can't wait to visit Tucson again

What Happens in Tucson Stays in Tucson WooooHoooooooo!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-04-23 16:08 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
La Tiki-ette
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-24 07:50 am   Permalink

Saturday night at the Kon Tiki in Tucson was a lot of fun. We really enjoyed ourselves. We want to say thank you to everyone who organized it.

View Profile of La Tiki-ette Send a personal message to La Tiki-ette  Email La Tiki-ette     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 09:59 am   Permalink

Had a great time at the Kon Tiki.
The decor really is fantastic, the real deal!
The Smokin Menehunes were great & played all night with a sexy hula dancer & Crazy Al doin their thang!
Especially enjoyed hanging out & chatting with Al-ii, Tiki Kate & Monkeyman.
(Thank you again Al, for the drinks & souvenir mug. You are a class act, buddy!)
Met alot of people for the first time, including Lucas Vigor & the infamous Tiki Bong who are both very cool cats.
The only low point was Sunday morning. Waking up & realizing that villians had stolen the side view mirrors from my Jeep sometime during the night @ the Smugglers Inn.

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 10:34 am   Permalink

Big Heap Em Thanks to the Cheeky Half's.

Your pre party was "lovely" and your lapu lapus were spot on.

Wonderful collections and glass works.

Gimme somma dat artichoke dippppp

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 11:05 am   Permalink

Mr cheeky half and I would like to extend many mahalos to all the lovely tc'ers that joined us here in Tucson to experience and honor the Kon Tiki. It was wonderful to see so many people appreciating the mana that Ben and Louie have helped to restore.

I have to admit, we were a bit nervous because we decided to open our house to any and all that wanted to stop by for a cocktail before heading over to the KT. What the Mr and I encountered were 30 or so of the friendliest, kindest people that came in as strangers but left as friends. It was a privilege to share our home with the tc ohana.

We will hopefully have pics to post on Thursday and we have updated our mosaic thread with a piece we made for the event here:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18635&forum=7&start=last&10

Hopefully we will get see everyone again at the Trader Vic's opening in Scottsdale.

Cheers!

the cheeky half's

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 12:26 pm   Permalink

WOW!! i'm so glad Luie got me off me ar's to see what Ben had been doing in the desert.

walked in to Kon Tiki... and couldn't see what the hell had been done... it was PERFECT!!! looked like the place was a hundred years old at least... so f'n cool. old, old school and in the heart of the desert.. could be the best example of "tiki" left in the world. Walk out of dry brown 115 degree heat into tropical paridice... perfect

the event was the tops too..... every one was in top form, i could have been at the Hukilau and not know the diference... home tours and classic bar... tiki familliars... the tops

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation