FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Kon Tiki for Spring Time Fun In The AZ Sun April 22nd; Along with Smugglers Inn Recapture 21-23rd
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 1:18 pm   Permalink

Great food, great music and great people, Fun times!! Great to see all the TCer's at the KT. Thank you Louie and the Kon Tiki for being great hosts. Great job Ben on the restoration.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 1:49 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone!

Our band had a great time. It was fun to see the TC crowd and meet new friends!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mo Fo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-24 2:48 pm   Permalink

I have to put my 2 cents in too...... It was better than I thought it could be.... I had a blast..... Maybe I can get Louie to finish the Patio and try for a Patio party this Fall...... Will keep you posted..... Talk to Louie last night and he can not wait to do it all over again......

The Mo Fo

View Profile of Tiki Mo Fo Send a personal message to Tiki Mo Fo  Email Tiki Mo Fo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 3:15 pm   Permalink

We've just hung our Doug Horne Kon Tiki Grand Re-dedication poster in what we call
"The Hallway of Horne." Doug, we'll need you to come back and officially christen it please. I highly recommend getting one of these bad boys from Doug if you can.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 5:58 pm   Permalink

Yow!! - what can I say? The Kon Tiki is just incredible - I don't know what it looked like beforehand, but it's a literal tiki wonderland now! Boobam - nice, work, brah! Had a great time hangin' with the TC peeps, new and old (Bunny Bleu & TikiBrini - where'd we leave off? 44? 45??). The Smuggler's Inn is a fun place and I wish I'd come in a day or two earlier (or was able to stay longer), but just flying in for the 'event' was worth it. Cheeky Half (& Mr. Cheeky Half) - your place is amazing as well! Those mosaics are breathtaking! Also, thanks for lettin' me get behind the bar and crank out a few - I've been a bit rusty as of late and it felt good to be "shakin'" again! Mucho mahaloz to Louie and Marcos for signing my buddy's snapshot (taken in front of the Kon Tiki back in 1975) and refusing to let me pay for too many drinks (is that hospitality or what?), SoccerTiki & WooHoo for the pre-pre-party, my bud Tiki MoFo for the transpo and settin' this whole thing up, and of course to the lovely representatives of Cruzan Rum and Kona Longboard Lager...

Two questions:
1). Why does that tiki with the big tongue look soooo familiar? Wersmo - you got some 'splainin' to do!
2). Where did that other banner go? Hmmmm...

Ready for the next one!!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 6:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everyone,

Bamboo Boyd and I just wanted to take a quick moment and say Mahalo Nui Loa to everyone for the wonderful weekend we had in Tucson with the tc ohana!

We had a delightful time and it was great to meet all of you! Special thanks to Soccer Tiki and WooHoo Wahine for all of their efforts in setting up the room block, booking the reservations and encouraging such great attendance; to Louie, Marco, the servers, bouncers and the entire KT staff for hosting such a swell bash; to Ben for all of his hard work in shining up this beautiful tiki gem and for the ultra soft Boo t-shirt (I shall wear it with pride) and to Mrs. Boo for coming all the way out to the desert to join the festivities…..it was great to meet you both; to Mr. and Mrs. Cheeky Half, for hosting an awesome open house and making us feel so welcome (Maggie, I still owe you a Dr Z cocktail); to Dr Z for mixing the most amazing cocktails…ultra yummy; to the Smokin’ Menehunes and Crazy Al for providing such fantastic entertainment; to Doug Horne for creating such a groovy commemorative print, mug and pendant and to the lovely Stacey for the yummy painkilla's; to Holden for all of his hard work and promotion; to Tiki Mo Fo for making me laugh (it was an honor to meet the mythical Kippy's legend); to Cousin Dave for allowing me to help him with his tiki (hope I didn’t tie it too tight); to Charlie and Lisa for putting up with and contributing to the insanity and drawing me out of my shell; and to everyone else who make the trek to the desert for the big bash…who knew we were part of such wonderful group of folks! Golly, there were so many folks there, we just wish we were able to meet everyone, but for those of you we did meet, it was a pleasure and we look forward to seeing you again soon! For those we didn’t have the pleasure to meet, I am sure our paths will cross once again…and if you ever find yourself in Phoenix, give us a shout…we’d love to get together for a bit of tiki revelry!

Much aloha to everyone!

tiki-tina & bamboo boyd

Remember WooHoo’s words of wisdom….What happens in Tucson stays in Tucson!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-04-24 18:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2006-04-24 18:34 ]

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 9:17 pm   Permalink

GOOD TIMES !!!

GOOD TIMES !!!

GOOD TIMES !!!

( more later. sleep now!.)

Arrrrr!!!

[ This Message was edited by: revbambooben 2006-04-24 21:51 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 10:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-24 14:48, Tiki Mo Fo wrote:
I have to put my 2 cents in too...... It was better than I thought it could be.... I had a blast..... Maybe I can get Louie to finish the Patio and try for a Patio party this Fall...... Will keep you posted..... Talk to Louie last night and he can not wait to do it all over again......

The Mo Fo

A big ditto on Mo Fo's thoughts from tiki-tina and bamboo boyd...and with Boyd's landscape design connections, we'd love to help get that patio ready for the Fall! PM us if we can help...Mahaloz to everyone again for a wonderful time!

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 10:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-24 18:15, tiki-tina wrote:
Maggie, I still owe you a Dr Z

I'll take you up on that Tina. Should I expect him to arrive via UPS or FedEx?

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 10:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-24 10:34, Monkeyman wrote:
Big Heap Em Thanks to the Cheeky Half's.

Your pre party was "lovely" and your lapu lapus were spot on.

Wonderful collections and glass works.

Gimme somma dat artichoke dippppp

Ditto, had a great time @ your tiki pad! After traveling throughout the southwest for the last week and a half, Saturday felt just like being home.

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 3:32 pm   Permalink

It was our pleasure.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 6:39 pm   Permalink

The Kon Tiki Tucson rocks!

A few pics from my adventures...

Here are some of the old lamps that are new again.

A lot of the interior, walls, etc. used to look like these. 46 years of 0% humidity, wear and tear, etc.

The Ghost and I are thankful for being able to help revamp the Kon Tiki.

A- LOU - Ha! Big Lou, the one and only! Not the man who can but, the man who does!!

Marc oooooo!!!

He was dying to make me drink the famous Kon Tiki Scorpion back in Feb. He had to wait 2 months and was happy on Sat.(see below)

Smokin!!! Minihunes!!! Jammed Major Aloha Vibage!!

Smokin' C'Al ihuneeeee Shakin' that Ass! Shakin' that Ass!

Paulie Tiki !!! He started pushing a broom at the age of 14 for the Kon Tiki and now owns it!! I spent some time with him and will forever have Gratzi in my mind! He also spent part of his life with a Samoan-Hawaiian family. He knows life!

GRATZI!!!

GRATZI PAULIE !!!

Mrs. Boo and I stopped outside of Tucson at Rooster Cogburns Ostrich Ranch on our way back. That was a trip!

Many mahalos to all who were there and for all the Good Times!!!

...another chapter in our book of tiki fo sure!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-25 7:02 pm   Permalink

Mike Smith from Texas, PM me with your email addy so we can get your Tiki Farm mug sent to you ~WooHooo

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonTiki2

Posted: 2006-04-25 8:46 pm   Permalink

Mahalo!
This is Marcos of the Kon Tiki. I would like to say, on behalf of Paul, Big Lou and myself,
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!
To everyone who made the trip out to visit. It meant alot to us and it was great making new friends that brought the Tiki back to glory. Can't wait 'til the next one.
Thank you all!!!!
Benno you tha man!!

View Profile of KonTiki2 Send a personal message to KonTiki2  Goto the website of KonTiki2     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 10:25 pm   Permalink

i would just like to say how nice it was to meet people. everyone was very kind and accepting to be with.

i'd like to apologize for the scene i caused. i can't even offer an excuse, so i won't. i just hope that people will be understanding and forgiving.

the thing that i'm most amazed at is the interest in my art. seeing how many people thought it was nice makes me so excited to create as much as i can. nothing gives me greater pleasure than having others enjoy something i created.

i'd like to extend a huge thanks, mahalo and hugs to all who i met and sat with. even those who just hung out on the sides. if anyone found my camera, please PM me.

i'll post some videos soon. crazy al can play some cocos wicked good.

mahalo nui
perry

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation