FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Emeryville Trader Vic's on Even numbered Thursdays OR NOT?!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Emeryville Trader Vic's on Even numbered Thursdays OR NOT?!
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 12:34 pm   Permalink

Ok, after talking with a few TC folk, I propose meeting at Trader Vic's alternating Thursdays with even numbered dates starting Thursday, February 16!
Be there from 7pm on and enjoy the bartending skills of Emeryville's Roberto! ZAZZ!!
What is an Emeryville Even Thursday? The Emeryville Even Thursdays concept is EASY. If the date of any Thursday is an EVEN number, feel free to head to Emeryville Vics! For example, take March 2, 2006. BECAUSE "2" is an even number , it is an Emeryville Even Thursday!

!!!!!UPDATE; SEE PAGE 4!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2006-05-01 09:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2006-05-05 15:11 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 4:31 pm   Permalink

Dat's right, sounds perfect to me! So here's two votes.

Does this make our SF Vic's Mondays "odd", though?! We can make them as odd as anybody wants! Do you still have your DEVO costume?!?

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 4:40 pm   Permalink

SF Mondays are still every week.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-02 10:41 am   Permalink

Count me in for even Thursdays. Heck, I might even go on odd Thursdays too because I'm an oddball.

I'm still in for Mondays in SF when I can (the last 2 have been impossible for me).

Last night Roberto and some of the other staff at Emeryville were asking me and mrsmiley "where have you been lately?". I was too embarrassed to admit that I've been at SF Vic's almost every week and have not been to Emeryville for about 3 months. It's all Martiki's fault!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-02-02 11:07 am   Permalink

sorry.

I would have come to Emeryville last night- we were in the east bay! drat.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-02-02 11:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-02 11:07, martiki wrote:
sorry.

I would have come to Emeryville last night- we were in the east bay! drat.

Shoot! It was a spur-of-the-moment idea on my part. We went to Art's Crab Shack (old 1950s joint in Oakland) afterwards. What an experience! Good crab, but not as good as the crab at Scoma's, Buckeye, or Dead Fish. Great fried zucchini. Strong drinks. Crappy service. Too expensive. Classic decor but tacky add-ons (tons of Christmas cards attached to the wall) and bright lights detracted from the atmosphere. Glad I went finally, but I don't recommend it.

We went to the Kona Club for delicious Pegu Club cocktails after. They'll make anything you want with fresh lime and lemon if they have the ingredients. Their rum selection has improved (Demarara, Orinoco). They have tiki mugs and beer taps coming in soon. New jukebox arrived but not working yet. Always a friendly crowd and staff. C'mon TC ohana, show the love for Ben and Al's awesome creation! (at least until Forbidden Island opens)

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-08 5:22 pm   Permalink

I can't the first Even Thursday. I will be there the next night for the booksigning, though.

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 11:31 am   Permalink

*bump*

We're going to try and make it...

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 11:32 am   Permalink

Pegu Club cocktails...damn, I forgot how much I love those!!!

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-14 10:15 am   Permalink

It turns out I CAN make this Thursday, but may not be able to maek it on Friday! Who else wants to show up Thursday 2/16?
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-15 5:52 pm   Permalink

I am thirsty--who is joining me?

thejab

Posted: 2006-02-15 6:02 pm   Permalink

Perhaps next time. I have a DJ gig tomorrow.

tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-15 11:49 pm   Permalink

I read up on the booksigning again and am too interested to skip it...and since it's a bit of a drive for us to do two days in a row, I think we're gonna go for that instead of Thursday--after all, it is just one day later! Hope lots of folks can make it!

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 12:07 pm   Permalink

I am thirsty

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2006-02-16 12:30 ]

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-16 5:27 pm   Permalink

Weirduncletiki and I will be there around 7pm tonight.

[ This Message was edited by: MRSMILEY 2006-02-16 17:35 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation