FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving finkdaddy's '06 art ( Army 'o Tangs pg 20 )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
finkdaddy's '06 art ( Army 'o Tangs pg 20 )
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 05:13 am   Permalink

very cool work Finkdaddy...great detail....keep em coming....everyone should have at least
one Finky....that would keep you busy huh?

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 09:44 am   Permalink

Cool carvings, very, very cool.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 7:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone!

JohnnyP, I try to keep my carvings as clean as I can. I think it makes up for what I lack in talent.

rodeotiki, Thanks again. I had a Maori looking thing on there originally, but it just wasn't working for me. I like this way better too.

Benzart, it's always nice hearing comps from you. I liked the zebra wood even though it was a bit tough with the hand tools. I had to keep the design very simple though because any detail just got lost in the grain. I'm carving the Black Walnut you sent me. It's very nice to carve and it seems to hold a lot of detail, but I don't think it's as pretty as Mahogany.

CongaTiki, Mahalo to you too! I would love to be that busy carving, then I could quit my job and have fun for a living.

Bete, it's always great to hear from all of you. It's the real reason that I'm able to carve at all. Thank you!

BTW everyone, when I got my new computer I lost my carvings-to-do list. I believe I got to everyone, but if you are waiting for a pendant please let me know and I'll get one to you.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 03:06 am   Permalink

heya Finky - good to see ya back into it! Lovely worl as always from the little tiki master.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 8:30 pm   Permalink

Mr. Predicta has started a custom tiki TV for a client and asked me if he could use one of my designs on the case. Of course I said yes! It is just the case right now, but I'll post pics when it's done. The tiki is the above #8. Everything else is hand made by him.

Here is the beginning of #10. I'm going to try and finish this one before the end of the month so I can take it with me on my Florida vacation.

Thanks all for looking!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 8:59 pm   Permalink

Congrats Finky, This is quite an honor and you deserve it. keep up the good work.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 9:57 pm   Permalink

now that is a tremendous piece of art-furniture! Nice work Finky...your tikis really set
this off nicely...I wish I had one!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 04:19 am   Permalink

Cool man. Great to see you back into it! Lovely work as always - Ive missed it.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-22 04:24 am   Permalink

Now how cool is that? You could easily make a living doing TV's I think. I know I might be interested in one... very nice work!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 05:07 am   Permalink

Hey Finkdaddy, please put me on your list.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 10:52 am   Permalink

Finky, that #10 is Really Nice. Ultra clean in the Finky fasion.Nice going there.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-22 1:56 pm   Permalink

#10 is looking good. The TV cabinet came out great with the Finky accents. I've been working on bigger Tikis lately but can't wait to get back to the smaller stuff.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 6:01 pm   Permalink

Finished #10 just a while ago, but not after he took a bite out of my thumb. This one's going to our good friend Pablus. I will present it to him in person in a couple of weeks as his prize for naming my bar. I'm just praying for good weather!

Thanks for looking, and thank you everybody for always being so supportive.

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 6:57 pm   Permalink

oh, neat. I like that little guy! Very simple, yet it seems like he could tell a whole story if you listened long enough.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 7:32 pm   Permalink

Very nice indeed! I like the remaining tool marks. Cool piece!

-Gman

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation