FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving finkdaddy's '06 art ( Army 'o Tangs pg 20 )
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
finkdaddy's '06 art ( Army 'o Tangs pg 20 )
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 7:34 pm   Permalink

Dig that crazy tiki brah!
I think it's a great idea to diversify your carvings. I do, it makes me a better carver.
Keep up the good work.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 9:13 pm   Permalink

Man thats awesome! Love the design on the forehead - very cool. Nice vintage kinda look too. Your tikis always make me smile man

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 05:12 am   Permalink

nice work again Finkdaddy...now lets get going on another one. Really like your headdress
treatment....and the whole lay-out is great.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-03 11:38 pm   Permalink

Excellent work on #13, finky. I LOVE the designs on the headress - that really makes the tiki look alive! This one is a beaut!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 2:17 pm   Permalink

Number 13 was certainly not unlucky. Very nice layout executed well. So how is the totem pole turning out? People up by us call my tikis totem poles.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 10:38 am   Permalink

man is that looking good!! i like how you did the mouth and the teeth very nice. keep them up i look forward to the next ones.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 2:38 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much, everybody, for the kind words. I'm making slow but steady progress, I hope. I try to learn something new from each one I do, and from all of the terrific art that is abundant on this site. I just purchased a large set of Dremel bits and a few new knives, so I'm hoping to raise my own bar on the next few. I want to try and break out of my current style and create something different for me. I'll post some pics of the eagle carving later tonight when I have a bit more complete on it.

Mahalo!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 3:10 pm   Permalink

finky I love your pendants!
Someday I'd be honoured to wear one 'round my neck.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 6:50 pm   Permalink

Finky, this last guy is really excellent. Your work is coming together very well. I Really Really love this last guy, I guess he just grew on me.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 7:03 pm   Permalink

Ben, thank you. You know that means a lot to me.

TikiWahine, it would be an honor to know you were wearing one! I'll let you know when I get that far. Thanks for the kind words.

Here is the eagle I started last night. This will be the first time I've really used the dremel to carve with, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

Here it is just roughed out

I started doing the detail with a knife, then switched to the dremel after a short time.

The detail looks better in person than in these pics. The light washed everything out. I'm planning on either using some paint on this one, or if I can figure out how, I want to add some stain to the details while leaving other parts plain. Can anyone give me some tips on doing that?

Thanks!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 2:12 pm   Permalink

I know it's not much tiki, but it was fun to make.

Here's one with my 3 year old so you can see the size.

The one I'm starting tonight will be another of the wall hangings. It will go to a charity event for cancer research that my wife's office is involved with.

Thanks for looking. No more non-tiki stuff, I promise.

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 5:13 pm   Permalink

TIKIS man! TIKIS!

That eagle is pretty cool though. Share your nontiki carvings, they can still give folks ideas.

But dont forget the TIKIS!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-24 8:47 pm   Permalink

looks like a tiki-influenced eagle to me...i think it flies!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 1:25 pm   Permalink

Yeah, that eagle flies with me. Your Tikgle is super! That's a keeper for sure. Thanks for posting that. I've been getting the tingle to get back to animals, maybe I can find a way to do tiki-fied animals like your Tikgle. Great work!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 8:07 pm   Permalink

CA CAAAAW. good work on the eagle man. i really like it. what kind of wood did you use?

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation