FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Mai Tai Pictures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Mai Tai Pictures
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-20 12:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-19 21:38, Bora Boris wrote:
Clockwise from upper left ~ The Mai-Kai, Dukes - Malibu, The Puka Bar, The Purple Orchid, Tony’s on the Pier, The Warehouse, Benihana - Torrance, Twin Dragon - L.A., Hop Louie - Chinatown L.A., Fu’s Palace, The Mikado - Studio City and the Elephant Bar in Burbank. Whew!

The Mai Kai looks like the best of this bunch.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-10 09:18 am   Permalink

A Mai Tai from the Tahitian Lounge in the Waldorf Hotel, in Vancouver, BC (Taken June 23, 2008). Not too bad of a mai tai, all in all (for Vancouver, with no other Tiki anywhere).

Thanks TabooDan for tellin' me about the Tahitian Lounge (check out my other pictures in the
Locating Tiki section.

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-10 10:37 am   Permalink

"Traitor" Vics in Vegas. Sitting on the outside patio with a view of Ceaser's Palace in the background.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Dick

Posted: 2008-07-21 09:55 am   Permalink

Hi all!!

I'm from sweden and I love The Mai Tai!
Found this site when googling this fine drink. I took a bartender course at the European Bartenderschool here in Stockholm. They made a nice tasty Mai Tai but nothing like the one Victor Bergerton supposedly invented 1944. Heres a picture from last saturday when I hade some friends over for dinner.. hade no mint spring so I hade to improvise... enjoy

Magnus aka "Traitor Dick"

View Profile of Traitor Dick Send a personal message to Traitor Dick  Email Traitor Dick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-21 1:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-21 09:55, Traitor Dick wrote:
Hi all!!

I'm from sweden and I love The Mai Tai!
Found this site when googling this fine drink. I took a bartender course at the European Bartenderschool here in Stockholm. They made a nice tasty Mai Tai but nothing like the one Victor Bergerton supposedly invented 1944. Heres a picture from last saturday when I hade some friends over for dinner.. hade no mint spring so I hade to improvise... enjoy

Welcome to TC Magnus! Your Mai Tais look excellent, they look almost exactly like they serve them at Trader Vic's. Now I'm thirsty and four more hours to go at work.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BastardoSaffrin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-07-22 05:42 am   Permalink

One of my mai tais in las week's tiki party at home.

View Profile of BastardoSaffrin Send a personal message to BastardoSaffrin  Goto the website of BastardoSaffrin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Dick

Posted: 2008-07-24 01:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

Welcome to TC Magnus! Your Mai Tais look excellent, they look almost exactly like they serve them at Trader Vic's. Now I'm thirsty and four more hours to go at work.

Thank's man, Hope your after work Mai Tai tasted excellent!!

BastardoSaffrin: Nice one!! Look awesome, very pretty!

View Profile of Traitor Dick Send a personal message to Traitor Dick  Email Traitor Dick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-24 09:26 am   Permalink

Hey Boris...

How is that Twin Dragon place ? I've wanted toi eat there, but haven't tried it yet.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-07-24 10:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-24 09:26, tikiyaki wrote:
Hey Boris...

How is that Twin Dragon place ? I've wanted toi eat there, but haven't tried it yet.

It's good, I'd say it was the best Chinese Food in that part of town.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-24 11:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-24 10:04, Bora Boris wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-24 09:26, tikiyaki wrote:
Hey Boris...

It's good, I'd say it was the best Chinese Food in that part of town.

Better than Wan Q (Fu's Palace) ? (sorry, I prefer to call it Wan Q

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-07-24 11:26 am   Permalink

I would say so, better drinks at the Twin Dragon but friendlier staff at Fu's or Wan Q.

You'll have to check it out and let us know what you think.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-24 2:22 pm   Permalink

I was "Motivated" today......
By request updated pics of "Traitor" Vics MaiTai, Vegas Baby!

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-25 08:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-24 14:22, Bohemiann wrote:
I was "Motivated" today......
By request updated pics of "Traitor" Vics MaiTai, Vegas Baby!

I like the third one best.

Perfect for e-mailing to friends you're about to visit to make sure they know how to prepare for your arrival.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-25 1:52 pm   Permalink

Here's one from Emeryville, TV back in April 2008:

and here's a pair of them! Am fond of the recipe's reflection in the knife.

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-07 3:00 pm   Permalink

Ole !

From the south of Spain...

Z

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation