FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mai Tai Pictures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Mai Tai Pictures
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 04:39 am   Permalink

Made a few Mai Tais last night. Due to a winter storm and 12" of snow I didn't want bust out the 4 x 4 and go for the garnish. Kinda hard to see the drink in the glass but it didn't last long anyway.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 1:17 pm   Permalink

Ahhh... Emeryville.

And... my personal Mai-Tai set up in the kitchen. Pardon the mess... we had just moved in. Not the traditional Mai-Tai glass, for sure, but I like to whip up a double in the Conga Room mug... fits perfecty.

[ This Message was edited by: CucamongaChango 2008-12-07 13:22 ]

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 6:08 pm   Permalink

Hey, Cuca! That is one state of the art ice crusher ya got there!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-07 9:25 pm   Permalink

I find it makes the best crushed ice for Tiki drinks. Lots of different sizes, keeps everything nice and cool.
My blender just turns everything into a snowcone.
Any suggestions on a good blender that actually chunks the ice instead of reducing it to snow?

View Profile of CucamongaChango Send a personal message to CucamongaChango      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
iTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-08 2:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-07 21:25, CucamongaChango wrote:

I find it makes the best crushed ice for Tiki drinks. Lots of different sizes, keeps everything nice and cool.
Any suggestions on a good blender that actually chunks the ice instead of reducing it to snow?

Use an ICE CRUSHER, not a blender. Waring makes a "pro" model that is about $80. There are cheaper ones, but not sure how they will hold up in the long run. Good ice really make a difference...at least to me.

Mike

View Profile of iTiki Send a personal message to iTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 2:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-08 14:39, iTiki wrote:
Quote:

Use an ICE CRUSHER, not a blender. Waring makes a "pro" model that is about $80. There are cheaper ones, but not sure how they will hold up in the long run. Good ice really make a difference...at least to me.

Mike

EBAY!!!! You can find vintage ice-o-matics for under $15 (if you can deal with pea soup green). They are awesome. Besides every house needs a wall mounted ice crusher.

[ This Message was edited by: jingleheimerschmidt 2008-12-08 14:54 ]

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
iTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-08 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-08 14:53, jingleheimerschmidt wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-12-08 14:39, iTiki wrote:
Quote:

Mike

EBAY!!!! You can find vintage ice-o-matics for under $15 (if you can deal with pea soup green). They are awesome. Besides every house needs a wall mounted ice crusher.

[ This Message was edited by: jingleheimerschmidt 2008-12-08 14:54 ]

Your right. I forgot about those. They are "cool", too.

View Profile of iTiki Send a personal message to iTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CucamongaChango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 10:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the heads up... I'll start the search this week!
It's gonna be hard to give up the hammer, though.

iTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-09 5:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-08 22:28, CucamongaChango wrote:
Thanks for the heads up... I'll start the search this week!
It's gonna be hard to give up the hammer, though.

Yeah, I've had a couple of good hammers myself......Oops, wrong forum

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-09 7:21 pm   Permalink

The original, and still the best. Sanitized by magic Trannyhunes for your protection.

And here's a Don the Beachcomber-style Kon-Tiki Mai Tai from Sippin' Safari, made with a lovely ginger-infusion syrup:

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 7:10 pm   Permalink

I tell ya, Mr. Bali Hai, you make a great lookin' drink. Makes me thirsty, that post does! And those Trannyhunes...Oh, so sanitized!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 02:18 am   Permalink

Jeremy at the Tonga Hut with his flaming Mai Tai in Squids new bowl.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 02:20 am   Permalink

Keane at the Roxy in Hollywood. Great band, lousy Mai Tai!

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-12-19 02:49 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 02:22 am   Permalink

The Rainbow next door to the Roxy on Sunset in Hollywood. Do you see the face in the ice?

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-12-19 02:38 ]

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-19 02:23 am   Permalink

Golden China, Ventura
Cute bartenders! The Mai Tai? Well.....

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-12-19 02:31 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation