FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mai Tai Pictures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Mai Tai Pictures
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 03:58 am   Permalink

This pic was taken by Trader Woody at the London Luau, they may not look overly fancy, but they contain one very special ingredient... J. Wray and Nephew 17 year old Rum or apparently how it is correctly named "Trader Vics Personal Selection" as used in the Original Mai Tai Formula.
Thanks to Stockton for his generosity in letting us drink these!

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Perlow
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-06 4:58 pm   Permalink

Okay, technically this is -not- a Mai Tai, its a Hula Hula. Still, I thought you would enjoy the photo.

My wife had one of these

Both from Chan's Dragon Inn in Ridgefield, NJ.

[ This Message was edited by: Jason Perlow 2006-07-06 17:10 ]

View Profile of Jason Perlow Send a personal message to Jason Perlow  Email Jason Perlow Goto the website of Jason Perlow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 08:04 am   Permalink

Home-built Mai Tai. She had eaten the pineapple already.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 09:32 am   Permalink

Wow - Mai Tai and Marlboro - that's kickin' it Old School, baby!

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-10 11:46 am   Permalink

I know this isn't exactly keeping with the theme of the thread...but one of my favorite Mai Tai's ever...

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-11 05:05 am   Permalink

A couple of weeks ago my wife hosted a baby shower at our house. It seems I am destined to be a grandfather soon. The baby is due between Christmas and New Years Eve. The only really scary part is that means soon I will be sleeping with a grandma and I am certainly not old enough for that! Anyways, the shower was girls only which meant I wouldn't be around to be the bartender. I found this drink fountain at the local grocery store and the shower seemed a good excuse to buy a new toy. I made a kind of Mai Tai punch and left the fountain running for the shower. It was a big hit and I had a request to take the show on the road as it were and so yesterday I set up my Mai Tai fountain for a christening party. I know my Mai Tais are too pink. This is not a classic recipe. It works in the fountain though. So here's a picture of my Mai Tai fountain.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 2:55 pm   Permalink

Speaking of mai tais, I was at a party recently where everyone was supposed to bring their own mixers and the hosts would provide the alcohol. So I brought TV Mai Tai mix. The only rum available at the party was Bacardi and Flor de Cana (which I'd never had). There was no shaker to be found so I simply mixed the ingredients and stirred with a swizzle. It was OK, but seemed a little off. I mentioned this to someone and they searched around and found me a shaker. I poured my drink in the shaker, shook it, and then returned the drink to my glass. Although I've always known that shaking a drink is important, I was astounded at the difference a few vigorous moves can make. The mai tai was 100% better. I shall forever "James Bond" my drinks from now on! (how's that for the invention of a new verb?)

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-13 3:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-10 11:46, HelzTiki wrote:
I know this isn't exactly keeping with the theme of the thread...but one of my favorite Mai Tai's ever...

Awesome! I'm still laughing my arse off. That's hilarious - I can hear it now: "No thanks, beer's ok, but I'll have a mai tai"!!!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-13 3:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-10 08:04, foamy wrote:
Home-built Mai Tai. She had eaten the pineapple already.

I love Marlboros and Mai Tais - it's a great combination. I am sorry to report however, (well, maybe not "sorry" per se), but I quit smoking exactly one year ago yesterday. I miss my Marlboros. Boo hoo. But I've saved enuf money to accumulate a nice collection of chisels.

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-13 8:16 pm   Permalink

The Infamous Warehouse Mai Tai "With a touch of grenadine for color" Pretty to look at it but needs work.

Life is a state of mind

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-14 12:21 am   Permalink

Tikigap - so I guess you could say you traded nails for chisels.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-14 07:57 am   Permalink

Our Mai Tais at La Mariana Sailing Club, Honolulu, as the sun was setting over the marina, Nov 21, 2006. How can life get much better?

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-14 08:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-14 00:21, Koolau wrote:
Tikigap - so I guess you could say you traded nails for chisels.

Yeah, it's worth it too. Thanks!

Myke - your mai tai is fabulous! I love the Sailing club - I've been there once - last year. It was great!

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 08:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2006-12-13 15:34, tikigap wrote:

I love Marlboros and Mai Tais - it's a great combination. I am sorry to report however, (well, maybe not "sorry" per se), but I quit smoking exactly one year ago yesterday. I miss my Marlboros. Boo hoo. But I've saved enuf money to accumulate a nice collection of chisels.

Delighted to hear that tikigap. How'd you do it? For me, it is more than just a notion. I've tried a few approaches. No dice. Hope to see you again, one of these days.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-12-15 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-15 08:43, foamy wrote:
Quote:

[i]On 2006-12-13 15:34, tikigap wrote:

Delighted to hear that tikigap. How'd you do it? For me, it is more than just a notion. I've tried a few approaches. No dice. Hope to see you again, one of these days.

Thanks Foamy - It was easier than I thought. I've tried to quit many times, but this time I really "wanted" to. It's sounds trite, I know, but that was it. I had been using the patch while in Hawaii (long flights = no smoking), and it worked out that we would be staying in a guy's treehouse on the big island for a few days (treehouse = no smoking too). So I just kept using the patch until they ran out, and I didn't buy any more smokes (smokes = very expensive everywhere, but especially Hawaii).

I'm still tempted all the time, and many of my friends still smoke, but I just bit the bullet and followed Nancy Reagan's advise: Just Say No. Again, trite, but true.

Yeah! It's been quite a while since we've met. I hear there may be a tiki-themed new years party in the Washington burbs on Saturday 30 December. If it materializes, I'll let you know, and maybe we can hang.

Aloha!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation