FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mai Tai Pictures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Mai Tai Pictures
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-14 8:49 pm   Permalink

Here's my homemade one - has anyone tried this brand of Martinique rum (Ibarra)? Should Martinique be made in Mexico? It was the only one they had at the Long Beach BevMo.

[ This Message was edited by: Jason Wickedly 2008-02-14 20:55 ]

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 07:12 am   Permalink

The Mrs. and me enjoying a triple Mai Tai in the Munktiki Volcano Bowl

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitonga
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-25 10:21 am   Permalink

thought I'd revive this thread w/ a comparison photo of a FI/TV taste test I conducted recently

View Profile of tikitonga Send a personal message to tikitonga  Email tikitonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-26 08:44 am   Permalink

Tiki Caliente Grog Log Mai Tai room party.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 2:54 pm   Permalink

Here is my home made Mai Tai with my fav rum for Mai Tais, the 15 year old Silver Seal Demerara rum..I call it my "Killer Mai Tai" because the Silver Seal 15 year Demerara rum marries the other ingredients (Trader Vics recipe with 2 oz of the rum) in a way that is magic..

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-05 2:57 pm   Permalink

Wow! 15 year old demarara. I wonder if we can get that here in ole' Virginia USA. That drink looks pretty tasty!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 3:05 pm   Permalink

Its sold in italy, but shipped worldwide, unfortunately its a very pricey rum, but oh...so good..:

http://www.r2mshop.com/elenco.asp?marca=768&imageField11.x=9&imageField11.y=12&codCAT=18&tipologia=0&denominazione=0&prezzo=0

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EvilBusDriver

Posted: 2008-06-15 9:00 pm   Permalink

Here's a Mai Tai I made as close as I could to Jeff Berry's Hundred Dollar Mai Tai (couldn't find the right curacao but used my own homemade demerara syrup)

Does it look ok?

View Profile of EvilBusDriver Send a personal message to EvilBusDriver      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-15 9:43 pm   Permalink

It looks GREAT! How does it taste?

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 09:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

(I) used my own homemade demerara syrup)

Tell us more of this demerara syrup you speak of. Is it just demerara sugar and water?

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EvilBusDriver

Posted: 2008-06-16 10:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-16 09:42, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Quote:

(I) used my own homemade demerara syrup)

Tell us more of this demerara syrup you speak of. Is it just demerara sugar and water?

It's just a fancy name for raw cane sugar. but yes it's just simple syrup made with raw cane sugar and water. The syrup will have a darker color than regular simple syrup but I think it tastes better.

And it tasted wonderful. Can't wait to have another. Heh.

View Profile of EvilBusDriver Send a personal message to EvilBusDriver      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-16 3:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Can't wait to have another. Heh.

That`s what Mai Tais does to you...and yours look very tasty!

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-06-19 9:38 pm   Permalink

It took me 6 months but here are another 12 Mai Tais ~

Clockwise from upper left ~ The Mai-Kai, Dukes - Malibu, The Puka Bar, The Purple Orchid, Tonys on the Pier, The Warehouse, Benihana - Torrance, Twin Dragon - L.A., Hop Louie - Chinatown L.A., Fus Palace, The Mikado - Studio City and the Elephant Bar in Burbank. Whew!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-19 9:44 pm   Permalink

Damn! That's quite an accomplishment!

Nice pictures too - I give it an "A" for effort!

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-06-19 10:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tikigap,

There's only a few more places in Los Angeles serving Mai Tai's that I need to try, after that I guess I'll have to leave town to search for some new ones. I'll let you know when I get close to Arlington.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation