FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tiki mugs by hmc
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki mugs by hmc
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 3:05 pm   Permalink

Congratulations on the progress of both your mugs and your little 'tiki'. I love how both are a surprise when they come out, you don't really know what they will look like!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-20 6:09 pm   Permalink

HMC

Glad to see you here again and glad to see you gave us the pics. I am not sure but maybe the two mugs pictured are the ones I am the proud recipient of. They certainly look like the one I posted on OOGA MOOGA.

Thank you so much for our exchange and I am glad to see you posting again.

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-07-20 18:09 ]

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToonToonz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-21 4:50 pm   Permalink

Very interesting topic. I enjoyed all the photos and the "play-by-play" descriptions.
I have always been interested in trying to make (and sell) a line of Tiki mugs....but, wow, super labor intensive.
Whatever an artist gets for their Tiki mugs it is not enough!!!

View Profile of ToonToonz Send a personal message to ToonToonz  Goto the website of ToonToonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-21 7:45 pm   Permalink

Congrats on the little one!

Thanks for posting pics of the mugs, as folks have already said its a great thread.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 8:01 pm   Permalink

My 'other' creation has been finished! It was supposed to be ready 1 week earlier and when it eventually 'came out', it was well and truly cooked

Here is our joint effort - little tiki "Xavier James McLean"...

Next on the to-do-list is to create little shirts for him using my tiki fabric purchased from Samoa mid this year:

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 04:37 am   Permalink

congrats - definitely a cutey

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 07:32 am   Permalink

Cograds, He'll be pimped out in the finest in Baby Poly-pop atire

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-16 07:34 am   Permalink

I just recently saw some little Hawain shirts. I bet if you look around you could find one. But if you know how to make one, I wouldn't even think to do that.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-17 12:33 pm   Permalink

Really cool thread!! thanks for all the information. I like very much your mug his very cool! Congrats about your baby too!!! Keep rocking!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-19 3:45 pm   Permalink

HMC,

Congradulations on your beautiful addition and a huge 'thank you' on such an eye opening thread. I have begun to make a master or two;)

This will be fun.

Much positive Mana to you and yours. Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-20 3:00 pm   Permalink

This is such an awesome thread! It is exactly what I needed to move ahead to the far away future production of my own mug.
Congrats on your new arrival.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 6:52 pm   Permalink

The outcome of the little Tiki shirt can be found in this new post:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22182&forum=18&start=last&0

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flamingo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-09 04:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

Spend most time on this area as if it isn't done neatly, there will be a noticeable part line down your mug.

I love this thread. I have a question though.. why do you build up the bottom with clay? Couldnˇ¦t you just pour in plaster, let it set, flip it over and pour in the other half (with a bit more care perhaps )? Or will bubbles and air pockets play tricks with you if you do like that?

Any way, thanks for a fantastic thread. Iˇ¦m looking forward to see the DIY Tiki Mug explosion now that everybody knows how to create ceramics.

View Profile of Flamingo Send a personal message to Flamingo  Goto the website of Flamingo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 01:04 am   Permalink

G'day, Sorry for late reply - just popped in to catch up on everything!

You can't just pour in, as oppsed to building up the clay because you need to add key points to lock the 2 parts together. Check the steps after the photo you have posted above for more info.

PS: I have already noticed many new mugs in the forum!

hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 01:04 am   Permalink

G'day, Sorry for late reply - just popped in to catch up on everything!

You can't just pour in, as opposed to building up the clay because you need to add key points to lock the 2 parts together. Check the steps after the photo you have posted above for more info.

PS: I have already noticed many new mugs in the forum!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation