FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki My Tiki Shrine at work
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
My Tiki Shrine at work
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-20 6:22 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff gang. Hey where do you get that cane or bamboo fencing I saw covering walls in several of those photos. Can you order it by the roll?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 6:38 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:46 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 7:15 pm   Permalink

It's reed fencing not bamboo.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-09 10:00 am   Permalink

Mahalo for the 411. Now I just have to see if the Lowes here in the Lehigh Valley will be able to get it.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-10 10:22 pm   Permalink

Recently I moved to a new building, and in the process I lost my window and my view of the San Francisco Bay. So when I got to the new cubicle, I decided to make it a place I could live in. There were some considerations: 1) I could not put things on the outside of the cubicle; 2) All additions had to be easily removable; 3) Anything I put in the cubicle might find its way out of the building in the hands of the cleaning crew, so nothing of monetary or sentimental value should be included.

I forgot to take before pics, so here are pics of the cubicle next door that looks just like mine did, and like every other cubicle on the floor looks.

AFTER
Here is the view as you enter the cubicle:

The wall I'm usually facing:

The "Wall o' Tiki Art and Postcards":

The tropical flower arrangement in the dead corner behind the lei-framed monitor, and one of the overhead cabinets which has two bamboo reed placemats as frames for tropical photographs:

The other overhead cabinet with the placemats framing color photocopies of two mini Chongolio paintings (remember, nothing valuable in the cubicle, so the originals are at home). Also notice that the same bamboo placemats have covered the generic beige bulletin boards under the overhead cabinets... the pushpins still go right through between the reeds:

The tropical sunrise poster on the wall over the black metal file cabinet that serves as my credenza:

And a close-up of the tableau on the bamboo runner on the "credenza" including an original doodle by Little Lost Tiki:

Some of the comments I've heard are: "It feels like Tahiti in here!" "Your cubicle makes me feel like I'm on vacation!" And my personal favorite: "Where's the blender?"

Here are my sources:
Cost Plus World Market: grass mat used to cover main wall, bamboo runner, tropical photos and poster, luahala pencil cup and candy cup, bamboo and woven reed drink coasters
Bed Bath & Beyond: bamboo tissue box cover, bamboo reed placemats
Hula Beach in San Clemente: the lei around the computer monitor
Beverly's Craft Store: faux tropical flowers behind monitor
My company holiday party raffle: Hula Homer
Chongolio's Yard Sale-o-Rama: faux hibiscus garlands along top of grass mat and side wall, green ceramic faux bamboo planter used for flower arrangement, two small live bamboo plants, the cute little monkey note clip, the plastic puffer fish hanging from the overhead cabinet

The Little Lost Tiki artwork on the Wall o' Tiki Art & Postcards are just printouts of online pictures. The postcards and the Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland print are ones that I have duplicates of. There are also a few tiki magnets on the cabinets, and the one thing you can't really see in the pics is the "Notes from the Tiki Pad" note pad designed by Chongolio on the desk in front of the computer.

Oh, one last thing ... under the regular Hershey's Kisses in Easter colors are some of the Limited Edition Coconut Creme Kisses! I just had to have tiki snacks too!

This has been a fun process! Thanks for looking!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-11 06:26 am   Permalink

Wow....you folks have really done great jobs on your cubes....I am impressed. I'll bet you are more productive in the tiki environment...which is good for the company.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 08:17 am   Permalink

"where's the blender" LOL that's priceless. Great cubes guys! thanks for sharing.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 09:16 am   Permalink

my favorite "did you drink out of all those"

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 09:39 am   Permalink

Great Job Jentiki!
Beautiful! Tikifreaks...Represent!!!
Your booth is probably a breath of fresh tropical air for all those sad cubicle dwellers!
Hooray! Squid's Tonga Hut Tiki Wonderland print always makes me smile! Same with Chongolio's work!!!! Hooray!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 09:49 am   Permalink

Jen~ that cube is fantastic!! Great imagination! It must make it easy to go to work every day, I bet it's relaxing in there...do you serve Mai Tais after work?

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hawaiiansnowball
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-11 1:24 pm   Permalink

My desk is such a mess, I only got postcards up... however, now I'm inspired to add a lot more creativity on my desk. As much as I hate my job, it's time to start making myself a little home away from home... hmmm, now if I can find a way to tiki-fi my car, now that will be a challenge.

View Profile of hawaiiansnowball Send a personal message to hawaiiansnowball  Email hawaiiansnowball Goto the website of hawaiiansnowball     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-12 10:54 am   Permalink

I'm not too familiar with cubical life but it's so cool that you can do that to your work station. Way to go!

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-11 13:24, hawaiiansnowball wrote:
My desk is such a mess, I only got postcards up... however, now I'm inspired to add a lot more creativity on my desk. As much as I hate my job, it's time to start making myself a little home away from home... hmmm, now if I can find a way to tiki-fi my car, now that will be a challenge.

There are some great suggestions on
this thread for tikifying your car. I've already got a few tiki touches in mine, but I have some ideas and will be implementing them in the next couple of months.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-12 11:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-21 15:07, Dr. Shocker wrote:
the fun part is we work together my cubie on the way to Rob's

where do you guys work? The Cult Of The Eye World Headquarters????

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 10:15 am   Permalink

well it is in a secret layer hidden in a volcano in oh nevermind

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation