FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
bigkahuna627
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-24 12:46 pm   Permalink

looks like two mugs will fit inside. different drinks for different straw holes.....? surprise!

Wild Bill's Tiki Hut
http://stores.ebay.com/Wild-Bills-Tiki-Hut

View Profile of bigkahuna627 Send a personal message to bigkahuna627  Email bigkahuna627 Goto the website of bigkahuna627     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-25 05:44 am   Permalink

Shoulda made the bottom half bigger so itd fit more drink!

Man, postage to down under is gonna be a bitch!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-26 3:57 pm   Permalink

I'm getting thristy just looking at the pictures .BK must sure you tie a strap around your head when you wear the lid I'am..!!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-31 5:54 pm   Permalink

OK...So here are the details. The other side of the mug is going to have two crossed tiki torches and a surfboard. The back wall will have the same patterns that are on the front. The Ohana Hut is moving along at a pretty good pace and Stuckie has been puttin' in lots of weekend time to get this into our sweaty little hands. The guy is Awesome!

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 08:34 am   Permalink

And the second winner of the second mug contest is....

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 11:44 am   Permalink

What?! No waterfall?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 12:27 pm   Permalink

The Mold is done, finished it over the weekend. I'll be in LA end of this week, as soon as I get back I'll work on making a prototype and posting it on TC.
It'll be at least another month before I actually get to production as I still need to make the Master molds and working molds.
-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-04 4:05 pm   Permalink

My lord that's huge!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 06:45 am   Permalink

Stuckie, how many parts will the molds for this need? It looks like they'll be too complex for a simple, single silicone mold. Maybe a single for the bottom & a two part mold for the roof would be doable?

Yes, I'd enjoy a "Creating Tiki" thread on the mold making & casting of this mug.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 07:51 am   Permalink

Err.. ummmm. well, the base is a 5 piece mold. 1 piece for each side and one for the bottom. I was able to get away with a 4 piece mold for the roof. 1 for the top, 1 each for the front and back and 1 for the bottom.

I'll try and post pics at some point of the molds.
I'm going to attempt pouring one today, despite the fact the molds are still a bit wet.
The master molds are going to be a task. For the base, it will probably be around 17 pieces, the roof, 8 pieces.

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 3:38 pm   Permalink

Heres a couple photos

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 3:48 pm   Permalink

Wow - every time I see pictures like that I appreciate my complex mugs a little more.

Thanks, it's a beaut

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 4:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-05 07:51, stuckieshaft wrote:
Err.. ummmm. well, the base is a 5 piece mold. 1 piece for each side and one for the bottom. I was able to get away with a 4 piece mold for the roof. 1 for the top, 1 each for the front and back and 1 for the bottom.

I'll try and post pics at some point of the molds.
I'm going to attempt pouring one today, despite the fact the molds are still a bit wet.
The master molds are going to be a task. For the base, it will probably be around 17 pieces, the roof, 8 pieces.

-stuckie

:wub:

Thank you very much! I was thinking less mold pieces if you were using a flexible silicone mug, but I guess a solid mold will last longer with less deformation of the mold over the life of the mold? It's wonderful to get an idea of how a professional works, we get to see the professional carvers do their thing in "Creating Tiki," but it's only the talented amateurs posting about mug making in there.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 4:43 pm   Permalink

HOLY KILN FIRE! That is amazing!

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 4:59 pm   Permalink

by the way... there will be a "munktiki, how to make a tiki mug" in the near future. End of this year?.... possibly?
-stuckie

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation