FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-05 5:29 pm   Permalink

$o many $ide$. It doe$ make you love the mug$ more.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 12:53 pm   Permalink

The mug looks amazing. It is getting exciting to see what it will all look like once it's finished!

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 3:01 pm   Permalink

I can't wait!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-07 10:00 am   Permalink

Hey Hanford, Munktiki and I got mentioned in our local Santa Cruz paper a few weeks ago regardin' the mug contest. They also mentioned Tiki Chris and my old buddy Kamapua'a. I just found out last night when I was doing some ego surfin' Pretty cool if you ask me but I not sure how acurate the "fame and fortune" part is.
You can
check it out here, The blurb is the second article down the page.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 5:51 pm   Permalink

I was wondering what happens when you have four people with straws stuck into the lid and someone pulls a bit on their straw and next thing you know the lid is on the table and broken. I was gonna say, maybe it needs a lock, but it looks like there is a lip on the roof to kind of prevent that.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 10:40 am   Permalink

Chongolio, have you driven down the coast to see the work in progress? It's got to be less than an hour drive for you to Stuckie's shop. The Hut looks amazing! Any idea on a price or when we can get our name on the list to be one of the first to get one?? I would think it will take months for Stuckie to get through the first round of orders.

Follow me on Instagram @TikiRob
www.instagram.com/TikiRob
Maui Tiki Mugs & Tours www.mauitikitours.com
Maui Web Design www.tradewindgraphics.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-15 10:45 am   Permalink

I love the Ohana Hut, I really do, but it sucks that I will never be able to afford one.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 06:56 am   Permalink

Finkdaddy, work a second job just until you get the money to buy it and then quit. Thats what I am going to do

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 10:05 am   Permalink

Hey Maui Tiki No I have not driven down to Monterey to see the mug progress. I have been unbelievably busy. However, I have a very strong feeling we will be seeing a finished Ohana Hut in the very near future. I don't have any information about how the sales and the list are going to be worked out or how when the Ohana Hut will actually be available. I do know that Stuckie and Hanford are probably busier than I am and one of them will let everybody know when and what to do to get signed up when they have all their ducks are in tight formation.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 09:51 am   Permalink

It's FANTASTIC! Those who attended the opening party at Forbidden Island got to see the completed prototype of Chongolio's Hut mug! Live and in person! Stuckie brought along a finished one for us to check out. And, Hanford and Humuhumu were putting it to good use.

Credit card is in hand and ready... Good job Randy and Stuckie!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 11:29 am   Permalink

Ooh la la!

This is a prototype, so the final version will probably have some small changes. Already, it's impressively faithful to Chongolio's original design! I didn't get any pictures of the other sides of it unfortunately, but lots of people took pictures of it, so hopefully someone else can post theirs. We found that the placement of the straw holes is ingenious -- it creates an optimal StMT (Straw-to-Mouth Trajectory).

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 11:32 am   Permalink

If this is where we post to be on the list I want to be on it. I need that magnificient thing in my house.

View Profile of marika Send a personal message to marika  Goto the website of marika     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 11:50 am   Permalink

Wow! Gimme Gimme!!! What were you drinking out of that monster Humu?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 11:53 am   Permalink

A Mystery Drink! Which at Forbidden Island is a true mystery -- it's bartender's choice, so you never know what you're going to get.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 2:03 pm   Permalink

Coolest.mug.ever.

I'm speechless.

Sign me up, I don't care what it costs!

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation