FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The winner of the Second-Ever Tiki Central Mug Design Contest
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 07:48 am   Permalink

Thanks, Mahalo and mucho gracias everybody!!!!
I still have my head stuck in the stratus opacus and my feet have not touched the terra firma in days. I really am glad that all of you are all so stoked on the design. I talked with Stuckie and the Man From Munkle yesterday and they are both very enthusiastic about this project and eager to start. Stuckie and I went over some of the details and I am going to start working on more detailed sketches for the outside walls this week. I let them know I was not opposed to any design tweaks that will make the mug easier to produce thus more affordable. He is not phased by any of the detail of my design and not worried about any of the detail.
Hanford as we all know is da man and there still are some things to hash out regarding the actual size, how many will be made and a few other details. I would like to see the mug made big enough for all of us to sip off it at the same time, but as Hanford has pointed out. He wants to make it some what affordable. The bigger it gets the more expensive it becomes. So it doesn't make much sense to have an Ohana Hut that only the ali'i can afford.
Prints are a possibility but once again this is Hanford's gig and he has the final word on what happens. Also, the art I submited for the contest were rough sketches at best and were not intended to be printed. If prints become a possibility the art will have to be reworked in a higher resolution to be printed.
I am excited to get crackin' on this and hope to talk to Hanford in the near future about the next step to getting started and getting my star back.

Once again a very gigantic THANK YOU from a very humble Chongolio. Y'all are the rockers!

Chongz

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 08:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

I still have my head stuck in the stratus opacus

That happened to me but the doctor used forceps to get me out before I turned blue.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 2:43 pm   Permalink

Any ideas of the ballpark in which you're trying to keep it?

As sketched, I could see that being $100+ (going by the Hukilau bowl, which although it has the handpainted stripe of gold, is simple comparitively). That's the basis for my fearful post on p.1.

I just hate to miss both a Shecky (none available back then) and an Ohana hut (if too costly for me)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-23 6:42 pm   Permalink

The design is incredible Chongholio!!!!! Congrats on winning the contest!

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 07:40 am   Permalink

Fantastic job Chongolio! An fanstastic job to all entries. That is one of the coolest designs ever.

Definately put me on the list is there is one yet.

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pik0

Posted: 2006-02-24 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-23 05:54, RevBambooBen wrote:
Arrrrsome!!!!

Chongo Rocks!!!

Make it have 4 straw holes !!!!

I think, if I can interpret Chongo's illustration properly, it appears that there are already 4 straws sticking out. So, your dream may already be coming true!

If you look at the drawing, there are to straws in the foreground, and then what appear to be 2 more what appear to be shadows of the foreground ones. I think these are intended to be 2 more...

Piko

View Profile of pik0 Send a personal message to pik0  Email pik0 Goto the website of pik0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Artiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-26 12:57 pm   Permalink

Damn, that's good....real good.
What a great concept, I'm almost speechless.

View Profile of Artiki Send a personal message to Artiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 3:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-23 14:43, Formikahini wrote:
I just hate to miss both a Shecky (none available back then) and an Ohana hut (if too costly for me)

I've a suggestion:

Why not make the 2nd & 3rd mugs available too?

These would inevitably be cheaper to manufacture & be very popular with Tiki Centralites too. If the Ohana Hut ends up costing $100, a large number who could afford it would be able to buy the other two mugs (at what? $10 -20 each?). Those who couldn't afford the hut would end up being very happy with one or two damn fine mugs that got close to winning.

So, Joe Tiki Central buys the hut.
Fred Moneybags buys the Hut, & 2 & 3.
Bob Cashflowproblem buys 2 or 3.
Pete Munktiki lover (non-TikiCentralite) buys up anything left over that the public are allowed to buy.

And Tiki Central gets more funds.....
Everyone wins.
Any thoughts?

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 5:50 pm   Permalink

Trader, vote for mine and then I think thats a good idea

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 10:20 pm   Permalink

Mr Woody, a fine idea.

More of everything for everyone, gets my vote.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-09 11:14 pm   Permalink

i just gotta know how many hut's will be made, and how much will they go for?

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fallenstar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-10 10:58 am   Permalink

Any idea whwen these will go on sale? I do not want to miss this one.

View Profile of Fallenstar Send a personal message to Fallenstar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 7:10 pm   Permalink

It will be some time until these are ready.
I'm planing on posting photos as I go along. Right now its just a rough block of clay, which I will post asap. I've gotten a bit busy so I haven't been able to work on it too much.

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goatiki

Posted: 2006-03-11 12:09 am   Permalink

Your concept is x-treme ART at it finest, well done Chongolio! It would be great to see the finished product at Oasis VI.

View Profile of Goatiki Send a personal message to Goatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 5:00 pm   Permalink

Ok so I finally got some time in today on the mug. Its gonna happen!.... little by little. Heres where I'm at as of today, its obviously still extremely rough.

-stuckie

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation