FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 3:43 pm   Permalink

By the way, the phone number to book dinner reservations at the Bali Hai for Friday night is... (619) 222-1181. And they ARE accepting reservations already!

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-22 4:19 pm   Permalink

WooHooo Bali Hai Dinner Reservations made. Spermy don't forget to bring your can of Spam for Soccer Tiki. Double Woo Hooo Islands reservations made too!!
For anyone staying Sunday The Islands Restaurant has an Awesome Champagne Brunch for $31 per person.

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-02-22 16:27 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-22 6:09 pm   Permalink

Tickets to both events or either event are NOT included with the booking of the hotel

I did it this way for a variety of reasons

1) the hotel rooms are cheaper than tropics so ticket prices are offset by the cheaper room rate for you
2) I am getting charged for vendors and for usage of the pavilion and therefore wanted to keep it separate
3) I have to buy food at the Bali Hai so that has to be a separate ticket to cover those costs plus entertainment costs
4) both events are open to the general public (San Diego folks) who most likely won't be booking hotel rooms so it would create a lot of extra work to have comp tickets for hotel guests (the hotel would charge a fee to distribute them at time of check in)
5) it actually allows for more flexibility which some folks had been asking for over the past couple years

etc, etc,

if you have already booked a room just go back on the site and book tickets

Quote:

On 2006-02-21 20:57, CheekyGirl wrote:
Otto, I'm feeling kind of stupid here....

If you book at the Hanalai, is it safe to assume that two tickets to the Sat. "Magic of Tiki" are included? Or do we pay the $25 bucks separately. I know it worked out that way at the Caliente Tropics. I didn't really see anything definitive on the link. If I missed something, I apologize, but clarification would be greatly appreciated.

I'd hate to have booked at the hotel, just to find ourselves listening from our balcony and staring down at a the top of a tent.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-22 7:43 pm   Permalink

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

I had to go for one of the ground level Kings near the pool & jacuzzi. Have blender will travel!

Signed....Anxious in Allentown.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 11:40 pm   Permalink

The Mrs and I are in, we got a Superior King. I like the idea of having a balcony to spit/puke off of. I'll be calling to make reservations at restaurants in the morning.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 09:37 am   Permalink

We were suprised at how easy it was to get into Bali Hai for rezzies. Still wonderin' what time the buss leaves for Shelter Island. Hope that there are a ton of folks at the Bali Hai!!!

Tiki Finks of Denver.

WE MISS TIKI BOYD'S !!!

Primo Powa!!!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 2:01 pm   Permalink

The Mr and I will be attending. We enjoyed our first outing (Farewell to Royal Hawaiian last weekend) so much that we figured we oughta step it up and really party with the whole lot a yous guys!
AND, they take pets! Can we dress our wiener dogs up like something? IS there a theme for dressin up, or is that restricted to private desert locales?
We got a King Standard, hopefully near the pool, that we will be decorating with a few tiki trinkets from home. Always a travel necessity!
Perhaps a progressive room to room drink contest? (I've never been to one of these yet, but it sounds like the "Room Crawl" may be what I'm picturing) The Mr. has a bazillion drink recipes he's dying to try. I'll make him pick 1 or 2.
CAN'T WAIT!!

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 7:36 pm   Permalink

Well, kids, I think I have you all beat. It looks like me and the wahine will be coming from the farthest away (unless some wacky Europeans or Aussies decide to come).

I was thinking of seeing if I could get a hawaiian shirt made out of flannel, but it's probably too late. So I guess I will have to just wear my LL Bean boots with my shorts when we are out there.

Yes, we are BOOKED! This'll be our first trip to So Cal, so... be gentle.

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 09:49 am   Permalink

OK. The MR is really behind this drink contest thing, so I am wondering what you all think about it. I mean, if he's willing to brew up a vat of Mr Mystery Mambo, I say let him (free drinks for yous guys) and let him think he's a wonderful mixologist (he really is!)
And perhaps a few others would like to mix up their special concoctions.
We reserved a standard room, so hopefully we'll be right at the pool. This would be the idea location for drink prep.

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 7:01 pm   Permalink

Savage Patty and I will be there for our 2nd Oasis. Mmm sweet rum and friendly tiki people. Can't wait.

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 9:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-24 19:36, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
Well, kids, I think I have you all beat. It looks like me and the wahine will be coming from the farthest away (unless some wacky Europeans or Aussies decide to come).

I know I don't have the shortest (I think Joey has us all beat), but 9.35 Miles is pretty good!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-26 07:15 am   Permalink

WooHoo, You got that right about the Sunday brunch at the Islands. I hit the one at the Bali Hai when I was out there for New Years but this time around it'll be the Islands.

Bastard, Glad to see I am not the only one using this as a way to escape the cold NE. Look forward to pounding some Mai-Tais with you. Should I bring Tasty Kakes?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-26 07:57 am   Permalink

Otto,

Does the Hanalei have an official stance on serving alcohol from ones room? (or setting up a bar in ones room).

Will we encounter any resistance to drink contests and the like? I know that it was always against hotel policy at the CT but I also know that former management was accepting of the festivities.

I just want to avoid any unfortunate surprises with hotel security (assuming that they do have security).

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-26 08:53 am   Permalink

Don't worry about security Pug and I will punch them in their noses!

Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-26 09:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-26 07:15, rugbymatt wrote:
Bastard, Glad to see I am not the only one using this as a way to escape the cold NE. Look forward to pounding some Mai-Tais with you. Should I bring Tasty Kakes?

Well, we will have to figure out what drinks go best with Butterscotch Krimpets. I am thinking something with Kahlua. I would think a mudslide would work.

Looking forward to meeting you, Matt. It's always good to talk to someone else from the Lehigh Valium.

You know you're from the Lehigh Valley when you have to explain to someone that you are NOT from the Middle East (Bethlehem, Nazareth, Egypt, Emmaus...)

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation