FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-07 2:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-07 14:39, Hakalugi wrote:

...mention something about a double decker bus? Is that one of the Cloud Nine shuttles...

... it may make sense to call cloud nine to get flat rate(s) for event guests... cloud nine accomodates groups all the time and at great rates...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoveAtFirstTiki

Posted: 2006-03-07 7:29 pm   Permalink

So I am confused.. I am in San Diego and I want to go to the Tiki Bazaar.. where is it at??

Thanks!!

View Profile of LoveAtFirstTiki Send a personal message to LoveAtFirstTiki  Goto the website of LoveAtFirstTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-03-07 8:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-07 19:29, LoveAtFirstTiki wrote:
So I am confused.. I am in San Diego and I want to go to the Tiki Bazaar.. where is it at??

Thanks!!

At the Hanalei Hotel.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 10:46 am   Permalink

Booked and ready to go!! Two months and counting!!! YEEEEEHAAAWWW!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-10 11:35 am   Permalink

There are 18 tables that are FULL at The Islands restaurant for Saturday. If you want to eat there I suggest booking soon.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-12 1:33 pm   Permalink

Well, its official! I'll be vending at Oasis VI! (My first time in San Diego too!) My booth will be in the pavillion (in the shade, near the bar--prime real estate), so everyone should come hang out at my table and drink Mai Tais.

BTW, if any wannabe vendors out there haven't booked and want to share my space in the pavillion I MAY be open to that. Email me at
heather@theartdeck.com if you're interested.

Kay, that's it for now folks... I'm off to my workshop to start putting together some new surprises to be on sale at Oasis!

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiblog.com
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-12 11:35 pm   Permalink

hi all, as otto put on his newsletter, i will be posting live event pics of Tiki Oasis VI on my web log. that way all tikiphiles can see what is going on at the Oasis, not just those of us who can escape to San Diego for the weekend. my question is: what pics are most important, for those of you who can't be there, to see as the event is happening? the shows? the vendors? the crawl? everything? we intend to put up numerous pics to give the overall feel of the event, but any help of what others actually want to see would help us narrow in on what to post on our blog as the event happens. (all the other photos, as my wife has a handicap which prevents her from not pushing the shutter button, will go up on my site at a later date, as we get a chance)
by the way, my username should give it away, but the site at which you can view the pics is
www.tikiblog.com

View Profile of tikiblog.com Send a personal message to tikiblog.com  Email tikiblog.com Goto the website of tikiblog.com     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 2:39 pm   Permalink

...got my room booked for Friday & Saturday night!

If anyone wants to share the room to cut costs, let me know... room has 2 queen beds. Ya just gotta be willing to put up with hosting the room crawl on Saturday afternoon!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SON OF MOTHRA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-13 9:04 pm   Permalink

Sad to report......Mothra won't make it to the Oasis this year. It was a toss up between Maui and Oasis, Maui and Oasis, Maui and Oasis. Maui won by a hair. Rocknrollgirl and I are sure gonna miss the festivities, not to mention the new venue. As always, it promises to be a blast.

View Profile of SON OF MOTHRA Send a personal message to SON OF MOTHRA  Email SON OF MOTHRA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 10:26 am   Permalink

People have been asking if Tiki Oasis is a kid friendly event so I thought I would post this here so you guys can pass this onto friends with kids.

The daytime portions of Tiki Oasis will be VERY kid friendly - there is much to do like hanging out by the pool, shopping at the bazaar, going on King Kukulele's tiki tour. (not to mention San Diego has some of the best kids destinations - the zoo, sea world, animal park, the beach, etc)

The evening portion of Tiki Oasis is free to kids under 17 (if with adult) BUT it is not really catered for kids so therefore the entertainment will be PG-17 or maybe even rated R! I plan to have my 4 year old and 6 month there most for the early part of the evening until they get pooped out. Music will be loud at times and YES there will be burlesque dancers (the complete schedule will be on the website and handed out in a program at the event so you can know when to cover little Johnny's eyes if you want to.) As always it is the job of us parents to make sure our kids are not outta control and respect other people at all times (of course I just jinxed myself by saying that and now Vander will be the one throwing rotten tomatoes at King Kukulele. HA!).

XOXO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 10:42 am   Permalink

My young kids have attended several times and have always enjoyed themselves.

The issue with poor behavior usually comes down to adults who have had too much to drink and dont know how to control themselves.

I applaud Otto and Baby Doe for finding that middle ground that everyone can enjoy.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 11:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-26 07:57, Monkeyman wrote:
Otto,

Does the Hanalei have an official stance on serving alcohol from ones room? (or setting up a bar in ones room).

Will we encounter any resistance to drink contests and the like? I know that it was always against hotel policy at the CT but I also know that former management was accepting of the festivities.

I just want to avoid any unfortunate surprises with hotel security (assuming that they do have security).

Has this been answered?

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 2:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-14 10:26, babydoe wrote:
. . . know when to cover little Johnny's eyes. . .

Well, only if you think I shouldn't be looking.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-14 7:56 pm   Permalink

Has anybody had trouble printing out their tickets from the E-mail confirmation? I've followed the instructions to the letter, but all I get is passes for Sat 6th. Computer error...or operator malfunction? Beats the shit outta me.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-19 09:24 am   Permalink

Does any one wanna share a Booth I,ll have one Table of stuff and thats it .im just gonna be there fri - sat need to get back , for sunday im meeting with an artist- gallerys about my stuff on that day . My wifes having Surgery and she,ll be out of work for a bit so were kinda conserving our income ect . Regards Tyger

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation