FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 6 in San Diego - Book Now!
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 12:19 pm   Permalink

Regarding what people can do in their rooms - people can do anything you are normally allowed to do in a hotel room.

Please see the thread by Shell in the Pacific regarding the 2nd Annual Room Crawl.
This might answers some of those questions. Also there will be a prize this year for BEST decorated room. Again Shell in the Pacific will have that info as well!

XOXO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-20 12:52 pm   Permalink

Just in case I wasn't the only one who was curious, want to share this info--parking at the Hanalei Hotel is $10 per day. For more info regarding hotel amenities and policies you can check here (the link is from the www.tikioasis.com booking page).

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-20 7:29 pm   Permalink

Ahoy, gang! I've just made it official and registered here, after many, many moons as an anoymous reader and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of this year's Tiki Oasis.

I live in San Diego, so I won't be staying at the Hanalei (I'm a whopping 3 miles away) but am very much looking forward to coming to shop at the marketplace and experience the wonder of seeing so many Tiki people in one place!

Regarding reservations for Bali Hai, it obviously depends on what time you want to be able to walk into the private party, but making your reservations for earlier might be preferable for some folks. Since it looks like the party will be going for several hours, it may not be as important to be going in right at 6:30 - but if you that is important to you, I'd suggest making a dinner reservation for maybe 5:15 or at least 5:30. If you're just planning on having appetizers you could be finished quicker, but dinner at Bali Hai is a leisurely affair (it's also a delicious affair that I highly recommend). If you're just sitting down at your table at 6, you won't be finished at 6:30. Watch out for those Mai Tais!

The Islands room at the Hanalei is also pretty small, so do make sure you set a reservation for there as well. Normally reservations aren't even needed there, but I imagine the Oasis crowd could fill it a couple times over.

Cheers!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-23 5:25 pm   Permalink

Got my tix finally, didn't want to wait too long,
so what's the count down till event day?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-27 08:45 am   Permalink

Is there a cost for the double decker bus ride to and from the event?

Thanks,

Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 09:21 am   Permalink

I would love to get more details on the bus to Shelter Island also.

Departure time, cost, etc...

Any info would be much appreciated!

Mahalo

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 11:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-28 09:21, Tiki Fink wrote:

...I would love to get more details on the bus to Shelter Island also...

http://www.double-decker-buses.com/

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-28 11:25 am   Permalink

Thanks for the link, but there is no info on when the bus leaves Hanalei on Fri. P.M. or how much it costs to ride etc..
We have rezzies at Bali Hai @ 5:30 that night as I am sure many others do. Will we have an opportunity to buss it there or do we catch a cab. Bus sounds like much more fun.

Quote:

On 2006-03-28 09:21, Tiki Fink wrote:
I would love to get more details on the bus to Shelter Island also.

Departure time, cost, etc...

Any info would be much appreciated!

Mahalo

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-30 11:25 am   Permalink

If people have specific questions or concerns about the event that can not be answered on our website: www.tikioasis.com PLEASE call or e-mail us directly and NOT the hotel! Since this the first time we are using this hotel we want to keep a wonderful relationship with them and not have them dealing with lots of questions about the event that they probably can not answer.

Otto and I don't check TC as often as we like BUT you can e-mail us at:

otto@tikinews.com
babydoe@babydoe.net

Just make sure the subject says TIKI OAISIS as we get lots of e-mail daily. We will try our best to answer all questions or concerns quickly. If you are wondering it... I am sure someone else is too!

We are updating our website in the next couple days and hopefully all the info people need will be on there!
XOXO Baby Doe

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 6:51 pm   Permalink

This info is posted on the Tiki Oasis website but I thought people would want to know all the acts now that they are finalized. ALSO remember to wear a savage outfit on Saturday and join in the on the best dressed contest!

Tiki News presents...
Tiki Oasis 6
Thursday - Sunday, May 4 - 7, 2006

Polynesian cocktails by the pool, a Tiki marketplace, Tiki tours and live entertainment. This magical weekender will feature entertainment by: Ape (San Francisco); King Kukulele (Hollywood); The Martini Kings (L.A.); The Maikai Gents (Napa); The Sand Devils (San Diego); Burlesque by Vivienne VaVoom (Denver), Ginger Goldmine (L.A.) & Mimi Le Meaux (San Diego); and live DJ sets from Phast Phreddie the Boogaloo Omnibus (Brooklyn); DJ Lee (L.A.); Patrick Robinson (Denver); & DJ Jack Hughes (L.A.); Special guest appearance by cast members of Shag with a Twist performing live; and we are proud to present the star of our show, James Dimmare from Las Vegas!!! Best dressed SAVAGE contest on Saturday, tiki tours of the Hanalei geared towards kids and adults (starting at 11:30am on Saturday), and over 40 vendors in the Tiki Marketplace! This is one weekend you will not want to miss! We have added a special guest to the entertainment roster - a performance by the characters from Shag With a Twist. And Shag will be there to see it!

Book your hotel room NOW! We only have 20 rooms left! go to
http://www.tikioasis.com and click on hotel room reservations. You can also purchase tickets just for the Friday and Saturday night shows.

For more information and tickets go to: http://www.tikioasis.com

babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 8:59 pm   Permalink

Volunteer for Tiki Oasis and get in for FREE!

The wonderful thing about Tiki Oasis is that it is volunteer run. Without your help the event would not be a success. Be part of the community and be part of Tiki Oasis!

If you are interested in being a volunteer please e-mail our volunteer coordinator directly at: Mateo <daedelvis@earthlink.net>

Below are the shifts we are now booking. This year things are a little different so sign up for what makes sense for you and for your vacation to San Diego!

* Do TWO shifts and you get in for BOTH Friday and Saturday night.
* Do ONE shift and you only get in for the night you volunteer.

If you have a particular talent or expertise that you think will benefit Tiki Oasis please let us know.

Please let Mateo know your first chice and second choice - we will try our best to give you the shifts you seek!

Thanks!
XOXO Baby Doe

Friday Shifts:
5:30 - 8pm - 4 people for door and general help
7:45 - 10:30 - 3 people for door and general help
10:15 - 1:00 am - 2 people for door and general help
8pm -11pm - 1 person s a Security Floater to walk around and make sure everyon has wristbands. You would inform security of problems.

Saturday Shifts:
9:00 am - 11am - 2 people to help with vendors set-up and general help (must be able to lift items)
5:15 - 8pm - 4 people for door and general help
7:45 - 10:30 - 3 people for door and general help
10:15 - 1:00 am - 2 people for door and general help
7pm -10pm - 1 person s a Security Floater to walk around and make sure everyon has wristbands. You would inform security of problems.

Sunday Shifts:
9:00 am - 11am - 2 people to help with vendors set-up and general help (must be able to lift items)
2:30 - 4:30 pm - Wrap it Up Crew - need 2 peple.

Tiki News Booth: (only 1-2 persons needed per shift)
Saturday
10am - 12:45 - includes setting up booth
12:430 pm - 3:00 pm
2:45 - 5pm
6:00 - 8:15 pm -
8:00- 10:30 - includes closing down booth

Sunday
10am - 12:45 - includes setting up booth
12:30 pm - 3:00 pm - includes closing down booth

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-06 9:34 pm   Permalink

I cant wait to vend my 4th year at Tiki Oasis. It really kicks off the tiki season . Especially since I just did a tour of Hawaii 2 weeks ago for tiki research . I hope to see you all there again . This is great timing because Im being featured in Tiki Magazine this April as well. Things are happening .
Mahalo, Tiki-Ray
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-08 08:59 am   Permalink

Do to___________________________ we are unable to make it to Oasis.
But now we have two tickets to each nights events.
If you still have not purchased your tickets, please buy mine.
Just E-mail me here
thebaxdog@aol.com
Thank you

Happydog (What can I do?)

[ This Message was edited by: thebaxdog 2006-04-08 09:00 ]

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-09 8:03 pm   Permalink

Volcano Pants and myself might be making it down to the Oasis this year. He's got to clear it with his work to get the days off first since he works weekends. Hopefully I'll know before this thing is sold out!

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-10 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-09 20:03, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
Volcano Pants and myself might be making it down to the Oasis this year. He's got to clear it with his work to get the days off first since he works weekends. Hopefully I'll know before this thing is sold out!

Looks like I will be sitting this Oasis out, I canceled my rooms and tickets today so I know there is 1 available room left. Have fun everyone!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation