FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 07:43 am   Permalink

A google search turned up 216,000 hits on "Fedex sucks" and 317,000 hits on "fedex complaints". I clicked through a few of them, and unfortunately didn't find any that reported a positive resolution.

Lost packages and terrible customer service is standard operating procedure for them.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-22 07:49 am   Permalink

I can't even begin to imagine what I would do in this situation. Benzart, I think I would have lost my mind if I was you, or have gone through a few fifths. The problem solver/ camera crew is a great idea. Up here in Michigan we have one called the "Hall of Shame". Bargoyle's suggestion to have a friend dressed up to play a newsman is classic. I would pay to see that footage, you could screen it at tiki events. It would be a cult film here at TC. Best of luck and I second everything everyone else has said.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 07:59 am   Permalink

Is anyone here employed by FedEx? If so, please PM me. Discretion guaranteed. An insiders take on the situation would be helpful.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 08:12 am   Permalink

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 08:18 am   Permalink

I'd consult the Gods myself right now, if I weren't fresh out of Virgins. Damn! And I was considering using Fedex to send a Tiki from Hawaii to my cousin in Calif.
Volly balls!!!

[ This Message was edited by: HelloTiki 2006-02-22 08:19 ]

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 08:47 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone and yes I have just about lost my mind, Very distressing to the point I don't want to ship ANY More Big carvings. I shipped it through my wifes account at work, prepared a leble and just dropped it off at a Kinkos. So I don't know what that all means. I just feel like that old comic panel that shows a poor man with a giant screw through his body.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 3:25 pm   Permalink

I'm deadly serious when I say this: If this situation isn't resolved to your satifaction, Ben, I'll never use FedEx again and I'll tell everyone I know about it and encourage them to use ANYONE but FedEx as well. I have a business account with FedEx that I'll promtly cancel AND I'll be sure they know WHY I canceled it. The shipping industry is far too competitive to have to put up with this kind of BS. I imagine we here at TC could choke their customer service lines in heartbeat if that's what it takes.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohabros
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 4:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-22 15:25, SilverLine wrote:

... I'm deadly serious when I say this...I'll never use FedEx again and I'll tell everyone I know about it and encourage them to use ANYONE but FedEx as well. I have a business account with FedEx that I'll promtly cancel...

... well, you'll find the same issues with dhl, ups, california overnight, yellow, hesco, lightning express... you name it... like with other uncontrollables, victory is oft times indifference...

... swore years ago that ups would never ship another item after losing an important shipment to a client... in fact, ups and fedex remain a first choice as the reliability of these operations is better than that of countless other carriers...

... when it come to shipping, emotions will not get the product back safely (and threats rarely work unless you're a multi-billion dollar corporation/army), rather, a rational attempt to have the item tracked and returned (or safe shipment expedited) is the best option. If the item was insured then all the better... if not, so what... any day above ground is a good one...

... with luck, the item will either be delivered safely to the target destination or will be returned safely to the point of shipping... best wishes, of course... everyone looks forward a successful outcome...

View Profile of alohabros Send a personal message to alohabros      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-22 7:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks again everyone for your support. Silverline thanks, might be nice if needed but right now we will settle down and concentrate our efforts on getting the full refund due us. Now down the road if it gets nasty, then is when we can bring out the Nasty Guns and make a small part of their lives think about the little guy.
I will try to keep this updated.
Thanks again.
Benzart

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 04:18 am   Permalink

Man this bites so bad. It would suck so much to lose a piece worht so much. Obviously the $$$$ value, but the emotional vale I know Benz pours into his work. To have some company lose/damage a piece just cause they havent got their stuff together. It sucks.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 07:13 am   Permalink

HOLD THE FORT, STOP THE PRESSES Last night I tried to reach the Lewisberry office who had the last entry in the tracking log. Could not get anywhewre.
This morning I called FedEx again and asked to speak to someone in the Lewisberry office and thay said we have no phone Public listings, what is this in reguards to. I gave the tracking # again and said I just wanted to find outn what happened to the package. The person said it was damaged and discarded. I said, then PLease let me talk to the office who had the remains. Finally I was transferredthrough 3 more places and Finally spoke to a Real live person in the Lewisberry office. Her name was Peggy and I gave her the tracking # and she asked me to describe the contents. I gave her a description of the tiki and she said " It's RIGHT HERE" "Part of the lable came off and they could no longer track it andthe carving was so nice I Knew someone would call.."
After all that The package is Finally, once again on it's way to his new home. I will believe it when Foamy see's it but I almost cried.
Thanks everyone for not letting me give up!!!

ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 07:19 am   Permalink

What incredibly good news!!! I am so thrilled for you!!! I'm going to be smiling all day.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 07:23 am   Permalink

WOW Great to hear. And what a great story to tell at the next tiki event. Because of its outcome.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 08:03 am   Permalink

RAD! Great news Benz. This story was really bummin' me out cause I do a lot of shipping too and hate that kind of crap.
Glad nobody lit a premature fuse.
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 08:14 am   Permalink

Thanks to all. You don't know how increditably happy I am, or at least Will be when the tiki is Home safe and sound. I still can't believe it . From one person saying it is Damaged and discarded to the next person sayingYep, It' right here waiting for someone to call. I am So glad I didn't quit on him.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation