FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappy
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 11:50 am   Permalink

Thanks once again to Everyone including the Tiki Gods. They knew something was amiss. I Just couldn't accept their D&D answer either Midnite. Sabu, They have a NEW Foolproof, System that is supposed to eliminate lost lables. They have a clear plastic baggie type thing where you insert the lable and it has self sticky tape on the back so it doesn't come off. Foolproof??? Right. I am So glad I kept listening to that voice that said"Find it, Look for it, Track it down, Find the bastard who stole it".
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 12:01 pm   Permalink

Way to keep with it Ben! That's without a doubt the feel good story of the week! It's even better to hear that a fellow Marylander didn't suffer such hideous bad mana - congrats Foamy! I'll be holding my breath waiting for a complete happy ending and pics!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 1:36 pm   Permalink

This thread is sort of like at Woodstock when everyone was chanting, "no rain, no rain", except the hippies got covered in mud and Ben got his tiki back. Way to go TC! We're more powerful than the hippies. And, our drinks taste better!

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 2:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-23 13:36, Kailuageoff wrote:
And, our drinks taste better!

Amen! And I will drink to that!

And, most of all, one for the Tiki Gods smiling on Ben and Foamy. Just because they are omnipotent doesn't mean they can't get distracted for a minute.....

Hope to see pictures of the Damaged and Destroyed Tiki in its new home!

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 3:34 pm   Permalink

Whew! That's some powerful good mojo you carve into your tikis.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-23 3:42 pm   Permalink

Ben this is GREAT news! I'm so glad that you found the package and now it's continuing on it's way up north.

My grandfather worked for the USPS and whenever he would ship anything to my family he would write the shipping and return address on multiple sides and put a ship to address and contact phone number inside the box as well. I always thought he was a little kooky and going overboard with the addresses...but after reading your terrible/relieving story I think I now understand why he did it.

Here's to a happy ending!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 5:13 pm   Permalink

Awesome news Ben!

That guy was faaaar too nice to not find his way home.

Somewhere the tiki gods are smiling, and all is as it should be.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 5:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-23 07:13, Benzart wrote:
HOLD THE FORT, STOP THE PRESSES Last night I tried to reach the Lewisberry office who had the last entry in the tracking log. Could not get anywhewre.
This morning I called FedEx again and asked to speak to someone in the Lewisberry office and thay said we have no phone Public listings, what is this in reguards to. I gave the tracking # again and said I just wanted to find outn what happened to the package. The person said it was damaged and discarded. I said, then PLease let me talk to the office who had the remains. Finally I was transferredthrough 3 more places and Finally spoke to a Real live person in the Lewisberry office. Her name was Peggy and I gave her the tracking # and she asked me to describe the contents. I gave her a description of the tiki and she said " It's RIGHT HERE" "Part of the lable came off and they could no longer track it andthe carving was so nice I Knew someone would call.."
After all that The package is Finally, once again on it's way to his new home. I will believe it when Foamy see's it but I almost cried.
Thanks everyone for not letting me give up!!!

That's so awesome! Glad you didn't give up either and found #5 like that, wow! What a story! So glad "#5 is alive" (hey, that's a quote from that movie "Short Circuit"). So cool.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 4:45 pm   Permalink

Finally, we can close the book on this wandering tiki. FedEx finallydelivered the package and ONLY 8 days Late. However Better late then NEver. I can finally sleep tonight. Thanks again to everyone for your support and understanding. What a Fantastic Family.
YESYESYES

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-24 4:46 pm   Permalink

zazz!!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 5:03 pm   Permalink

Hey Ben!
What did Peggy say when you told her that you were told it was damaged and discarded? I'm curious as to how "apologetic to sarcastic" she might have been.
Also, what's Foamy's take been on all of this? He's been mysteriously quiet thru all of this.... ;}

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 6:03 pm   Permalink

I have to say that I am happy for a good ending to what could have been a very sad tale however I do have one little question. Doesn't it bother anyone even a little bit that the package was opened? Clearly it was not damaged? And if it made it from one destination to the next they should have been able to figure it out by I don't know, going back to the prior destination? The label would have to have been completely destroyed with no information on it & that is just not plausible at all. I'm thinking that Ben's persistence just caught them "stealing". The fact that they opened the package would convince me never ever to use fed ex!!! Anyone?

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-24 7:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-24 18:03, Tikisgrl wrote:
... Clearly it was not damaged?... The label would have to have been completely destroyed with no information on it & that is just not plausible at all. I'm thinking that Ben's persistence just caught them "stealing". The fact that they opened the package would convince me never ever to use fed ex!!! Anyone?

I got to wade in here, as a EX-20 year management employee of UPS, I can tell you that no one was trying to steal a TiKi, (even Benzarts) Theft is very uncommon, it happens but its rare, employees are watched too closely, cameras are everywhere, facilities have guards who check you in and out, checking everyone’s purse, lunchbox etc. Also these companies prosecute heavily and quickly, making examples of these people. Also why would a person throw away such a good job over some thing.
I will tell you that there is tremendous volume traveling through these facilities, especially in the over-night operations, they only have a few hours to process the packages and get them to destination. I would estimate less than 1/100 of 1% of packages get lost or damaged and most of the time it was due to improper packaging or labeling. I cannot tell you how many packages I have seen with 2 labels on it. Or glass wrapped in newspaper in a used container. Cardboard boxes lose like 85% of their integrity in the first use; newspaper only transfers the shock into the item. The rule is also if the item is irreplaceable, don't use a common carrier, pay the big bucks and have a private trucking service deliver it. Fed-X and UPS were not designed to carry personal items, rather they are designed to carry business goods, packaged as such and are readily replaceable. Both companies are excellent at what they do, their price is reasonable for what you get and service overall is remarkable, and especially when you consider what mammoths these companies are and how much volume is handled overnight! It does stink that when reduced down to the personal level, especially our beloved Benzarts, that there was a service disconnect, but, on the same personal level there was Peggy waiting for the call, keeping the TiKi warm and safe. Typically the address clerks are the sharpest tacks in the box and really try to fix any problems. I have seen them go above and beyond the call of duty daily. Most employees of UPS bleed brown and are proud of the service that they render as well as UPS overall.
ATLANTA, Feb 21, 2006 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- UPS (UPS) today was rated "America's Most Admired" company in its industry in an annual survey conducted by FORTUNE magazine.
The company also ranked in the Top 10 across all of corporate America in seven of the eight criteria used by the magazine to rank companies, including a No. 1 ranking for social responsibility for the third straight year.
UPS was ranked No. 2 in the United States for "product quality." It was rated No. 3 in each of the categories of "best use of assets" and "financial soundness." And it ranked No. 5 for "people management;" No. 6 for "management quality,"

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-24 8:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-24 18:03, Tikisgrl wrote:
. Doesn't it bother anyone even a little bit that the package was opened? Clearly it was not damaged?

nope. in fact, it is a GOOD THING they looked.. because some cautious folks put another address label inside, just in case the original packaging is damaged..

i'm so happy for Benzart.. that his tiki made its way home..

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 04:09 am   Permalink

Good to know such a sweet tiki is okay. But their management of customers and damaged labels, it kinda leaves something to be desired doesnt it? Good on ya Ben for ya persistence.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation