FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ever wonder what's INSIDE those resin tikis? (pics)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Ever wonder what's INSIDE those resin tikis? (pics)
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 5:48 pm   Permalink

Whats inside those things?? I found out the hard way!!

First, a warning to all of the Ohana in colder climates. Extreme cold makes those resin tikis brittle brittle brittle!

I figured they were perfect for our New England winters. I could keep 'em outside year round and not have to worry. Oops!

Well, we had a real cold spell last week (went below 0 degrees Fahrenheit) and there were wind gusts up to 40 mph to boot!!

The wind knocked this guy over (he was only dug in about 3 or 4 inches) and he snapped like a twig.

I brought him inside to see if maybe he could be reapired....

and while trying to balance the top back on, I noticed something PINK wedged deep inside his base...

I gotta admit, I was IMMEDIATELY freaked out. I jumped back, almost dropping the top half, and then slowly re-approached the base, peering inside from as far away as I could. I thought maybe it was some sort of animal, or nest full of baby animals or something along those lines.....as the shape took focus, my thoughts turned even darker...

"what is that??!?!"

"Oh my god, its like that movie House Of Wax"

"I think there's part of a PERSON in there!!!!"

I guess I watch too many horror movies, but when the zombie horde attacks (the ones who don't come in cocktail glasses) I'll be ready for em!!!!

Here's what it was...

It STILL pretty freaky to me!

Pink resin boots?!?!?!

I guess it was from some other resin statue, but why the hell is it in my tiki!??!?!!?

Or maybe its the pink nubbed boots of some elf who got too close to the resin machine?

I'm open to other ideas if anyone has 'em ........conspiracy theories welcome.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 5:53 pm   Permalink

Just glue it back together. Get on with your life and pretend you didn't see anything. OK? It's better that way....

If you do good you'll hear from me one more time. If you do bad you'll hear from me two more times...

[ This Message was edited by: Kono 2006-02-23 17:56 ]

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 5:54 pm   Permalink

LOL As long as that freaky backward talking midget doesn't pop out of it, everything is cooooool.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2006-02-23 19:17 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 6:30 pm   Permalink

Perhaps the real question that was answered is, "What do tikis eat when nobody is looking?"

--SBiM

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 6:58 pm   Permalink

Neighbor missing a garden gnome?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:00 pm   Permalink

The Trojan Tiki ~ the Strawberry Shortcake embryo implanted inside was discovered before her insidious plan could be carried out...

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:07 pm   Permalink

I'm spending a little too much time looking at the picture... But that is too strange? LOL, neighbor missing a Garden Gnome!!! Glue it back together and forget you ever saw what's inside...

Well it's official we now know what tiki's are made of or perhaps not? Maybe this was a rebel cannibal tiki and it ate it's creator?

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:14 pm   Permalink

There's no way I could keep that thing in my house after seeing those pink boots inside. It would give me the willies.

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:22 pm   Permalink

The donor sperm was a male pink booth?????and he?/ she? was carrying twins???

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2006-02-23 19:23 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:25 pm   Permalink

At least now I know where where my daughter's dolls might be when they go missing. Perhaps resin tikis require a steady diet of plastic and feed on Barbies night...

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:41 pm   Permalink

OH

MY

GOD.

That is the weirdest, CREEPIEST thing I have seen in months and months and weeks.

You should just throw that tiki away! Something is wrong with it~!!!!!

I wouldn't take chances. Keeping that thing around is a bad idea.

Err on the side of caution. You can always get another one that doesn't have the voodoo on it.

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-23 19:14, ookoo lady wrote:
There's no way I could keep that thing in my house after seeing those pink boots inside. It would give me the willies.

I didn't get REALLY scared until I heard those mysterious footsteps last night.......

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:49 pm   Permalink

That's really frightening! And kind of cool, too bad it didn't have little bits of tiki inside it.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 7:51 pm   Permalink

No way you can get rid of it!!! What a great conversation piece. Hey guess what's inside of my Tiki? It ate a Gnome & this is all that's left!!!

Foot steps he he he...

Send him to me! I won't be creeped out at all.

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-23 8:04 pm   Permalink

Oh man, now it's gonna kill me to not know what exactly lurks inside mine!
Quote:

On 2005-05-15 10:43, badmojo wrote:
As I was loading it into the trunk I noticed there must be a fist sized hunk of resin inside, rattling around.

Tiki at The Christmas Tree Shops Thread

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation