FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ever wonder what's INSIDE those resin tikis? (pics)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Ever wonder what's INSIDE those resin tikis? (pics)
mbonga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-25 04:22 am   Permalink

I was hoping Bargoyle was going to tell us there was a note inside the boots that read: "Ha ha! Made ya look!" Kind of like those microscopic messages on computer chips that the chip designers expect no one to ever read, but are intended to blow people's minds if they ever do.

I wonder if the boots-in-a-tiki thing is like some kind of weird fortune cookie? The metaphorical significance of boots escapes me, however. And breaking open tikis is a rather expensive and wasteful way to read one's fortune.

View Profile of mbonga Send a personal message to mbonga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-25 9:14 pm   Permalink

You should buy a plastic skeleton that's proportionate to the boots and place it in there...then tell people your tiki gets loose sometimes and feeds on its own...

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boyaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-26 04:58 am   Permalink

Great..thanks a lot.now I am sitting looking at my Tiki idol wondering if there's something inside?? I'm really tempted to now to drill a long hole to see whats on the dril bit...decayed...foot flesh..lolol. You know..I showed this to my wife..now's she's sort of freaked out about our idol now. Only because we have a baby boy about the foot size of those boots...?? I'm not an expert on Tiki God idol folklore..but does anyone know what Tiki GOd that is...LOve God..Harvest God..you know..which God is it ?? LIve life well..

Spooked out..BOYAKA

View Profile of Boyaka Send a personal message to Boyaka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Boyaka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-26 1:03 pm   Permalink

HEY...if you decide to possibly sell that on EBAY..let us all know...I will certaianly take a crack at it. Sell it as is with the link to TIKI Cental. This could be one of those EBAY freaky bidding items..Like that $28,000 grilled cheese sandwich with the likeness of the Mother Mary that sold on EBAY about 5 month's ago....Live life well..

Still spooked out..BOYAKA

View Profile of Boyaka Send a personal message to Boyaka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-26 4:30 pm   Permalink

I love this thread. I read the new entries every night to the kids before lights out.
My youngest got busted at Big Lots for taking a whiffle bat to a shelf of resin tikis. She was heard gasping, pink boots...radiation...gnomes...Hoffa...poison gas. Why won't someone believe me?!!
The Barbie's have all been decapitated and their pink boots confiscated.
If you check at the south gate of San Onofre, you will find a coffee can buried in a shallow hole. It contains...pink boots and partially digested poi.

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-27 08:26 am   Permalink

I saw this sad story in the Weekly World News over the weekend and thought it might somhow be related.....

Poor guy. Never knew what got him. I hope it was painless......

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lilbigguy

Posted: 2006-02-28 10:39 am   Permalink

Was there ever a chain around it's neck? Instructions to not remove the chain? Does Karen Black live in your neighborhood?!?

View Profile of lilbigguy Send a personal message to lilbigguy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-28 3:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

If you check at the south gate of San Onofre, you will find a coffee can buried in a shallow hole. It contains...pink boots and partially digested poi.

Some day someone will find that can...and a mystery shall be born. Was it a mutant that lost it's home when the Royal Hawaiian closed? Stayed tuned to this evening's In Search Of... with Leonard Nimoy!

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-01 2:00 pm   Permalink

Perhaps it was an angry Tiki God from the Royal H. Bad mana that they may close in June!!
Maybe it's a clue that the new place will be a British tea house? The gnomes have been warned!!
You don't take lava from the island and get away with it...
You don't replace tiki gods with gnomes?...

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 09:09 am   Permalink

Is there any way you can restore the original photos for this Bargoyle? It's one of my faves.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-03-29 10:46 am   Permalink

So many cameras and computers (and cocktails) ago...

I'll see if I can find those pics and re-link em.

Its certainly the creepiest tiki-related "find" I've ever had. lol

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-04 1:38 pm   Permalink

No dice.

I'll keep looking, but after sifting through 1000s of backed-up pics, I still haven't found the "Tikis eat boots, and you gotta believe me" pics.

Even weirder... I dont know where that tiki is to take new pics. I swore I put it in the garage as a "someday I'll fix that tiki" project that I never got around to...and I KNOW I didnt throw it out... and now its nowhere to be found...

cue errie music...

The phone call is coming from inside the house!!!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-04 2:27 pm   Permalink

We'd better split up!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2012-04-05 10:53 am   Permalink

What ever you do...don't look back...just keep running!!! You look nice in those boots by the way.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation