FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events kick_the_reverb & thejab in Seattle March17, Portland March 18-19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
kick_the_reverb & thejab in Seattle March17, Portland March 18-19
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 09:51 am   Permalink

just a push to the top to remind everyone
about these guys being in town!
Don't fergit to come and see em!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-03-15 12:29 pm   Permalink

Who can make it to Trader Vic's Bellevue on Friday around noon? I was thinking we'll just drop in without a reservation and stay in the bar, but I don't know how crowded it will be. Methinks they probably are packed in the restaurant for lunch since it's probably a popular place for business lunches. If I have an idea of who can make it I will call the restaurant.

Can't wait to SEEattle again! Even if it's way too brief a visit.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-03-15 12:36 pm   Permalink

todd & i will be there!

what time do you guys get in?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-03-15 12:55 pm   Permalink

I get in before KTR, and he gets in at 10:45, so we should be getting to Vic's around noon. I have directions from airport to Vic's - it's about 23 miles.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-03-15 1:12 pm   Permalink

do you have/need a ride? our house is only 18 minutes from the airport

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 1:31 pm   Permalink

We're renting a car, but thanks a lot for the offer.
See you there,
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-03-15 5:45 pm   Permalink

The weather forecast is for NO RAIN! Well, maybe a bit on Friday but it's supposed to be sunny this weekend.

I spent several days of January in Seattle a few years ago and it didn't rain. I also went there in 1990 and it didn't rain. I've been to Portland in the winter and it didn't rain, although it rained the first night of the NW Tiki Crawl last June (?).

Lucky, or what?

Not that I mind rain, I even like it sometimes (like in Hawaii or Florida). We've had a lot of rain this month here.

puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-15 6:37 pm   Permalink

Both Selector Lopaka and I are hoping to join you at Trader Vic's on Friday, though we're not yet sure what the day will bring for either one of us work-wise ( I'll know tomorrow, Lopaka will know on Friday morning). So we might have to play it by ear... we'll do our best, though ! We're definitely in for pre-show festivities. And breakfast on Saturday, if you have time.

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 3:13 pm   Permalink

Looks like I will be able to meet at Trader Vics tomorrow, see everyone around noon !

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-03-16 3:31 pm   Permalink

I called Trader Vic's and they said they don't take reservations for the lounge, so we'll head straight there from the airport and try to snag a table. See you tomorrow!

thejab

Posted: 2006-03-16 3:31 pm   Permalink

I called Trader Vic's and they said they don't take reservations for the lounge, so we'll head straight there from the airport and try to snag a table. See you tomorrow!

dogbytes

Posted: 2006-03-17 2:57 pm   Permalink

Welcome to the Jet City! The Jab and Kick in the Reverb meet us at the Bellevue Trader Vics for lunch!

The Jab, Selector Lopaka, Kick in the Reverb, Puamana, Mr Dogbytes, dogbytes

KiTR listens to his entree.

Selector Lopaka and Puamana enjoy tasty beverages.

Puamana puts a Crabcake Hat on a salt shaker.

what dogbytes' post would be complete without a close up picture of food? Steak Sandwich. yum.

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-17 3:03 pm   Permalink

hey Lady, how do you get those pix up so dang fast!???
I'll see you kids at Pig Iron sooon, not sure when you are getting there, but I'll try to be there by 6.
Hope that's coolio, anyone know the plans?
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2006-03-17 3:10 pm   Permalink

hey Sweetpea! we'll be at pig iron.. oh i dunno when.. i'm thinking maybe 6:30 ish. mm yam fries. i wish we could have kidnapped you for lunch! i would have made you drink one or two of these..

Son of Doctor Funk

ooh forgot to take pix of the chocolate-dipped fortune cookies.. those were amazing.

cya in a few hours.

puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-17 3:22 pm   Permalink

Oooh, I forgot about the chocolate dipped fortune cookies !! Those are good. Great pics, dogbytes, thanks for posting ! I wish S.L. & I didn't have to go so soon after lunch ( darn work). Looking forward to Pig Iron tonight ! see everyone there.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation