FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kahiki Mosaic & other new works... (page 8)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Kahiki Mosaic & other new works... (page 8)
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 1:28 pm   Permalink

I like tiki art, I like soviet Propaganda art. Very coool together

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2007-05-18 2:14 pm   Permalink

RED HOT CHEEKOV!
"Za vashe zdorovye, Mir i druzhba!"
(to Health, Peace and Friendship!)

Flip-flOp-fLipPpsKi...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 8:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback y'all. We're working away on another mosaic, but it doesn't have anything remotely tiki in it so I'm not sure if I can post it here. Definitely Un-Tiki....

ch

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 12:29 pm   Permalink

We've been busy cutting glass and mugs in preparation for Tiki Oasis. Here are some of our new mosaics that we'll be bringing along...

These all feature tiki mugs (that were chipped or damaged) which we carefully cut in half and customized with a classy glassy mosaic background. Some even light up.

We have just jumped into the deep deep ocean of myspace so if anyone wants to be "friends" we are here
http://www.myspace.com/velvetglassmosaics

Although not tiki we wanted to share one of our newer, larger pieces as well. Here is................ Godzilla!

Cheers!
Mr & Mrs cheeky half

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 1:11 pm   Permalink

great new stuff m&m! godzilla is amazing. i don't suppose you'll be bringing it to oasis for me to gawk at. i'm looking forward to meeting the artists who made my fireside kahona mosaic lightbox. see ya there!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 1:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks KTD. Yeah, we should be bringing Godzilla along for the ride. Look forward to meeting you too.

m&m

sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 1:48 pm   Permalink

that is so radical! im gonna get me somethin at the oasis as well! these are so cool, i will also have a booth there (the finkniks), so i will see you there! great stuff once again! a true dying art!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 2:12 pm   Permalink

wow! really great!! your work is getting better and better every second,congrats!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 2:13 pm   Permalink

Very nice. Fu Manchu's background sets him off perfectly.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 4:05 pm   Permalink

yeah, godzilla in da hoooouuuusssssse!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 8:19 pm   Permalink

I love the tiki mug halves pieces, they look awesome

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 8:55 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the support folks, we really appreciate it. The half mugs are fun to make. Once we get over the initial shock of actually cutting a mug in half. But none have suffered too much as all were already flawed or abandoned. Now if we could get our cutting tools around a Frankoma War God........

m&m

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2007-08-02 16:25 ]

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 10:39 am   Permalink

Great stuff! Always great designs and craftsmanship but you took it to a new level with these pieces! Awesome!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 1:24 pm   Permalink

GODZILLA!!! That is way way cool. I really like the shattered fire blast and fragmented and busted up looking concrete. The texture on the big green guy is over the top. That is an some amazing pieces of stained glass! Thanks for postin' that and all the others. Much success to you two at Oasis.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 4:59 pm   Permalink

I agree with Chongolio, the Zilla piece is awesome. The way you created texture and movement is superb.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation