FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Shrunken Heads drawing, Page 8, 4/11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
The Shrunken Heads drawing, Page 8, 4/11
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 6:32 pm   Permalink

Anyone else you know at school or family like tiki? I wish I liked tiki in Highschool cause I would have all the early MUnktiki mugs and a Shecky or two. But there would go my money so this is ok.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 6:45 pm   Permalink

not that i know of. I live in a wealthy town filled with snobs and druggies/wannabe goths. It's alright, but not really my kind of folk. I'm hoping to decorate my oncoming college dorm with tropical designs and tikis everywhere. That'd be the happiest day of my life...besides my wedding day.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 11:55 am   Permalink

Hey guys, I just finished up these bad-boys today.
Alright the first one here is the clay mask i've been talking about: Here's what it LOOKED like:
Sadly soon after i was done shaving some of the excess stuff off of it, the jaw snapped off:
Luckily my mind came up with an idea to drill small holes in the corners of his jaw(s) so i could loop string through them and thus actually make his lower jaw dangle a bit:

Anyways to compensate for my failure at handling my clay mask carefully i moped a little bit and then smiled once more when i finished creating this little Tiki totem:

This is his BE-hind:

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 12:02 pm   Permalink

cute! those are very happy little guys!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 12:09 pm   Permalink

i think so too. I'm sure they'll get along together, fairly well.

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-03 7:39 pm   Permalink

Swinging Jaw is cool! Great idea! Funny how that works sometimes. I like the other guy too. Good Solid look. Nice work PockyT

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 7:44 pm   Permalink

thankyou, sir! I'm thinking of creating a whole line of miniature clay totems. If i actually get around to doing that I'll let you guys know.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:06 am   Permalink

Cool stuff Pocky. It's nice to see you having fun with your tiki art.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 08:20 am   Permalink

Hehe, yeah i am!

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:05 pm   Permalink

Nice work mon. Looks like you have a gift for creating tiki.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:07 pm   Permalink

thanks. I'm hoping i do!

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 1:16 pm   Permalink

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-04 3:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-02 11:53, PockyTiki wrote:
today in math class i doodled little tiki heads on the top of my pad paper. And this is what came out.

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-03 11:51 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-04 13:16 ]

Hey Pocky! Very nice! I wanted to make a leather headband for a tiki tonight. Would you mind if I used your idea? (I'll be sure to give credit where it's due!)... believe me, my work is never for sale! (no matter how hard I try!), so there's no money to be made

Thanks!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 5:36 pm   Permalink

yeah sure! Feel free, dude. I just don't like it when someone Steals my artwork and doesnt give me credit. So just put in a good name about me a lil bit. Have fun with the headband!

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-04 8:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks Pocky!...

Ok, I tried it. Learned from a leather carving dude tonight. Just the basics. I suck. I won't post a picture of my test headband here in deference to PockyTiki. The idea is great though... I'll try again and if something worthy comes of it, I'll post it.

thanks again PT

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-03-04 20:17 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation