FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 2nd Annual Room Crawl... Let's get it on!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2nd Annual Room Crawl... Let's get it on!
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 8:55 pm   Permalink

The Mrs. and I will be crawling this year.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 09:14 am   Permalink

What up Pug!..... You'll be getting your XXL MKG T this year!

Please count me in for some crawling. Somebody please make sure I don't fall asleep before the action begins. Last year I past out at 9pm on Saturday after vending all day and missed out on everything.

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE 2006-04-23 16:57 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 9:33 pm   Permalink

Mean Gene,

Sure, Sure - I heard that last year. Ha Ha. I can't wait to get one. Thanx Gene.

View Profile of TikiPug Send a personal message to TikiPug      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 10:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-22 10:22, Dr. Shocker wrote:
you are with me you dolt have another drink

Oh yeah the other guy..... now whats his name?..... Can't remember.....I don't know its late.....

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 11:34 pm   Permalink

I'd like to be Cruller, I mean a Crawler this year.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 09:08 am   Permalink

Responding to one of the hosts who was asking how much booze to expect to serve at a Tiki drink crawl, what you could do is limit the drinks to say a certain plastic cup size. Now you've got about 66 crawlers or so, judging by the latter posts and you've got 10 room hosts.

Lets do some math. If each station produced 10 drinks, that would cover all the guests and then some (figuring stragglers and tag-alongs) that's 100 drinks. Now, each person is having a drink at each station then, and guest what, that is 10 drinks (plus extra servings or extra drinks for the tag-alongs). Think about this: Is anyone gonna still be standing and able to go to the evening's festivities after 10 drinks? So I think it is safe to assume that the overall amount of booze needed won't come close to say maybe 10 drinks per station. Now, based on that, you could calculate how much booze you want to bring. Last time I bartended at a party, I ended up with way more lime juice than I needed (an extra 2 quarts), and I don't know how that happened so do your own math - figure how many ounces you need of each mix for each drink and multiply.

Add Lava Pants and myself (Hanalei Pirate) to the list of crawlers. I'm a lightweight and good for maybe 2 to 3 drinks max so I will only be drinking at maybe 2 or 3 stations (or perhaps I could do small samples at each). Lava Pants is just along for the ride and usually drinks beer so he won't be any kind of a load on this.

BTW, are all the drink hosts serving Friday Afternoon with no one doing this on Thursday or Saturday? If this is spread out over the 2 days, the burden on each host increases. Say you have 5 stations serving on Friday and 5 stations on Saturday: 5 stations serving 10 drinks each = 50 drinks. That's not enough to cover 66 crawlers. So each station should serve 15 to 20 drinks (total of 75 to 100 drinks per station per day to supply the 66 crawlers).

Please correct me if my math is messed up. Otherwise I'd stick with just a Friday room crawl to make it easier on the hosts. Don't forget you can instill a per person drink limit and use a small cup size for serving. And of course we will all be donating into the tip jars to defray costs on the hosts. There's my contribution to the logistics.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 09:26 am   Permalink

math at this time of morning are you mad......hehehe

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilands
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-24 09:47 am   Permalink

This will be our first Tiki Crawl. But my husband and I would love to join. I printed out my cards already. Can't wait to make new tiki friends

View Profile of tikilands Send a personal message to tikilands  Email tikilands     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 09:55 am   Permalink

so it has been decided that we will host our room 4-6 on Saturday.....

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-04-24 5:12 pm   Permalink

Aloha Fellow Crawlers and Room Hosts,
Here is the most updated drink card. If you are having trouble printing, no worries, I plan to print out a bunch and bring them with me to Oasis.

I will print out Room/Bar Hosts badges for all the hosts as well! See you on Thurs. night and then again on Friday & Sat.

Okohole Maluna!

Shell in the Pacific

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2006-04-24 17:23 ]

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 5:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-24 09:08, Hanalei_Pirate wrote:
BTW, are all the drink hosts serving Friday Afternoon with no one doing this on Thursday or Saturday?

Pandora will be helping me put on my 4th Annual Thursday Night Before Oasis Room Party! We'll be servin' up Beachbum's, Mai Tai's and Lapu Lapu's (from the famous 'Lapu Tower'!) - all who arrive early and are thirsty are invited to come, but it's not officially part of the crawl. We'll be like the guinea pigs, 'cause if anyone is going to get busted for a room party, we'll be the first! I expect to make about 100+ drinks (one at a time, baby!), so if you DO come by and want to donate sumthin', I certainly won't stop you! (The Licor 43 tends to run out quickly, hint, hint...)

As far as the crawl itself, Pandora has a drink she's wanting to try out, but I'll let her make the post about it here herself...

Okole Maluna - see everyone next week!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 6:40 pm   Permalink

Question: Do you HAVE to decorate your room if you host? Cuz I'm just so tired and want to relax, but the Mr wants to do his drink...
I know, Captain Kill Joy here.
But if anyone's into a nice alcoholic coffee, you know, to keep you wide awake and drunk, then I may just let him do it. Sans the decor. No ambiance= No fun?
He's the type that'd walk around offering everyone a pick-me-up, so you may have a steaming cup 'o joe (high octane, of course) shoved at ya anyway..

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 7:01 pm   Permalink

Shell Ikabod is with me on the Cult of the Eye Room.......don't liten to him he's confused

kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 7:46 pm   Permalink

i would like to crawl count me in....

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 10:24 pm   Permalink

I shall host on Friday at 2:00PM (Pending COE approval). I know there's another room starting at 2:30, but it seems that you're encouraging overlap and this is really the only time I can do it. Looking forward to all the craziness!

-Your host, Weird Uncle Tiki

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation