FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis 2nd Annual Room Crawl... Let's get it on!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2nd Annual Room Crawl... Let's get it on!
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-26 11:54 pm   Permalink

Hmmmmm.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-27 12:20 pm   Permalink

Monkeyman & A-A (with lovely wife Nina) will be co-hosting Saturday from 2-4 pm. Monkeypods will be served.

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 3:28 pm   Permalink

A tip on stretching supply for the hosts.

Serve half or 3/4 portions. It will ensure that your supply makes it across the whole group and it will lower the average cost of making a multi ingredient mixed drink which usually will run about $2-3 each for a full pour.

To make a single drink for 30-40 folks will probably cost you about $70-$90 in ingredients. Which doesnt include specialty garnishes and decor.

Costco sells 1.75litre bottles of Bacardi Light and Myers Dark Rum in San Diego.

A 1.75 litre bottle contains about 60 fluid ounces.

Smaller pours will also help your guests make it to the next room on thier own two feet.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 3:44 pm   Permalink

Good advice thank you!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 12:33 pm   Permalink

I will give these to the best room host/drink recipe/

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-29 2:42 pm   Permalink

Is there a schedule out? I have not selected my time yet. I haven't selected my drink yet, for that matter. I have just been swamped the last month or so and have had little time to think about any of this, but time is running out. I have been working on re-inventing my Kava drink without the Kava. I have a version that is not too bad and I may mix that one. It's a pretty standard tiki bar cocktail with a slightly different mix of flavors. I have also been considering Doctor Funks or doing the Suffering Bastards again. SB's are pretty complicated and that is the biggest reason NOT to do those right now. Any suggestions?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-29 8:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-27 12:20, Aaron's Akua wrote:
Monkeyman & A-A (with lovely wife Nina) will be co-hosting Saturday from 2-4 pm. Monkeypods will be served.

MMMMMMMMMM...Monkeypods

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-05-01 5:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha Room Hosts & Crawlers!

I am working on the finalization of the crawl cards. I should have the final up by Tuesday or Wednesday.

At this point I have a count of 97 crawlers and 11 Bar/Room Hosts.

I am going to Office Depot tonight to stock up on printer ink and plastic sleeves.

Come find me on Thurs. evening in the Islands Room, the Bar at the Hanalei Hotel, WersmoDrincs and Doctor Z's. I will be back at the Hanalei Hotel starting at about noon on Friday. I will have badges for Room Hosts, spare crawl cards for those with printing difficulties and plastic sleeves and ribbon while supplies last!

I am looking forward to seeing you all and hoisting a few with you all!

Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-01 6:16 pm   Permalink

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! 4 More Days!! I Hope Everyone is Resting Up. Spermy: Are you ready for some WooHoo Juice? Mean Gene: The Royal Hawaiian's Lapu Lapu awaits your arrivel

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 7:46 pm   Permalink

Just to make sure we get in before the deadline to be added on the card, Pandora and I will be serving "Pandora's Kiss" for the Crawl. Not sure exactly when, but we will be hosting at some point on Friday or Saturday. We'll let you know on Thursday!

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 8:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-01 19:46, Doctor Z wrote:
Just to make sure we get in before the deadline to be added on the card, Pandora and I will be serving "Pandora's Kiss" for the Crawl. Not sure exactly when, but we will be hosting at some point on Friday or Saturday. We'll let you know on Thursday!

No Pandora's Beach Bomber?

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 8:37 pm   Permalink

97 crawlers..... holy cow !!!!

somebodys gonna be thirsty....

come on folks.... take a chance... we need more room hosts.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2006-05-01 20:38 ]

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-05-01 8:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-01 17:40, Shell in the Pacific wrote:

...I am working on the finalization of the crawl cards. I should have the final up by Tuesday or Wednesday...

Shell, I didn't see this on the crawl cards you posted so far, so... If possible, can you leave a space so that people can write in their Tiki Central name? This way the crawl cards will double as name tags(like last years).

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-01 8:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-01 17:40, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
I will have badges for Room Hosts, spare crawl cards for those with printing difficulties and plastic sleeves and ribbon while supplies last!

thanks, cuz i saved the picture and printed it. and it was bigger than 4"x6", rather large.. i couldnt figure what i was doing wrong..

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 9:56 pm   Permalink

Whoa that is a lot of stumblers...I mean crawlers....

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation