FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I just found authentic American Somoa Tapa Cloth in my Home! Page 2
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
I just found authentic American Somoa Tapa Cloth in my Home! Page 2
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 7:32 pm   Permalink

Only 16$! And from iParty none-the-less. Mind you i'm new to this whole Tiki thing (sorta) so when i saw this i flipped out and bought it. Mind you i had just been to Target, Linens N Things, Michaels AND Bed Bath and Beyond. I ALMOST got lucky at Bed Bath and Beyond, they had a framed mask, which i first thought was Tiki but alas...was not. 'Twas an african mask. Anyways, i also managed to score Pina Coloda Gum lol just to throw that in there. So with no further adu, here are my new babies lol.(that were made in China...):

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-07 14:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-07 15:51 ]

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-03 7:47 pm   Permalink

Good start! Are those your first mugs?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 7:50 pm   Permalink

yeah! I was originally thinking how lucky I was to stumble upon these....and at an interesting store to say the least. What was also funny, was that IParty was having a Luau theme going, so i scored the jackpot. If you guys want these mugs to add to your collection, just find ur nearest iParty! They have a whole Luau section.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-03 11:19 pm   Permalink

Haha - a fresh dose of tiki fever!

Good to see ya enjoyin it mate

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 04:19 am   Permalink

Ah, youth...

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 08:21 am   Permalink

I hope youth isn't a bad thing! I'm bringing Tiki into the next generation!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 11:57 am   Permalink

Hey PockyTiki, those were my first tiki mugs, too! Accoutrements in Seattle makes that set. I liked them because they were inexpensive & easily replaceable, so if one got broken, it wouldn't be a big deal. They also turned out to be fantastic for use at parties, because they're quite small, even though they don't look like it -- I could mix one drink and serve three people with it. They needed a refill pretty quickly, but at least it got drinks into everyone's hands very quickly.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:00 pm   Permalink

yeah i'm just happy i found em. They make good decorations around my lava lamp. hehe

johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:01 pm   Permalink

Those are the mugs that kicked off my collection as well. They serve as my "everday" tikiware now. Poured my first real zombie in the green one. Happy collecting PockyTiki!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:02 pm   Permalink

thanks, man! Good luck with yours too

purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-04 11:57, Humuhumu wrote:
I could mix one drink and serve three people with it. They needed a refill pretty quickly, but at least it got drinks into everyone's hands very quickly.

I would hope that this is information Pocky won't be making use of until he/she is of legal drinking age.

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:27 pm   Permalink

lol i don't even know how to mix drinks. I drink virgin Pina Colodas anyways.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:35 pm   Permalink

I was drinking drinks for decades before I started putting alcohol in them. I served many, many virgin Pina Coladas in those same tiki mugs myself.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 12:40 pm   Permalink

damn...now you guys make me want a pina coloda. Good thing i bought Pina coloda gum!

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 06:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-04 12:40, PockyTiki wrote:
damn...now you guys make me want a pina coloda. Good thing i bought Pina coloda gum!

Or you could buy a bag of these:

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation