FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Trader Vic's Atlanta 30th Anniversary!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Trader Vic's Atlanta 30th Anniversary!
Swamp Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 7:45 pm   Permalink

What a great weekend! That Atlanta Hilton is one heck of a spot to settle in for a weekend of Tiki Madness. Those exterior elevetors were great...a little chilly but bearable with the Mai Tai's. Met a lot of great folks and look forward to doing it again. Oh,...and I'm still waiting for the Martin Denny CD..Ha:)

Hang Loose!

Swamp.

View Profile of Swamp Tiki Send a personal message to Swamp Tiki  Email Swamp Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 06:38 am   Permalink

A big MAHALO NUI LOA to everyone at TV's, and to all the folks that came out for the festivities. I do believe a great time was had by all.

Many special thank yous out to James T., Tiki Kiliki for arranging everything, and of course, to King Kukulele once again for making me laugh until Mai Tai came through my ihu.

We tried to have King Kukulele call Pablus and his wahine at the London Trader Vic's about 8:30 Atlanta time, but that meant it was at least 1:30, and more probably 2:30 London time, and it went to his voicemail. We wante to have Pablus address the entire group over the mic via cellphone in some sort of primitive form of simulcast, but alas, it was not to be.

Many thanks to all the nice folks who came up to our party In The Roooooooooom 2524..., especially all you Cocktail Preachers. You cats sounded great, and are a heckuva bunch of nice cats, too. Sure wish that sound man would have eschewed that stupid fog machine, though. I was coughing my head off the whole next day.

Also shouts out to our new friends Joe and Nicole from Manhattan, and Lisa and Martha from Nashville. Y'all were a lot of fun to hang out with!

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 08:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-02 06:38, Kanekila wrote:

This pic should have been shown at the drive in on Friday:

ATTACK OF THE 50-FOOT KING (and James)!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 1:25 pm   Permalink

Christie goes bananas!

Christie and Denny just after we arrived at the Starlight Six.

Christie, James, and Lisa.

Cocktail Preachers giving a sermon.

Dave (Basement Kahuna) and Liz (I Dream of Tiki) In The Room 2524.

King Kukulele, Derek Yaniger and Kim.

Haole Kats on the stage during soundcheck.

Proof that these events make the coordinators crazy.

Johnny Knox and Hi Test at the Starlight Six.

Kim, Dave, Liz, Derek, and Denny.

Christie and our pals from Washington DC.

Winners of the best-in-show award for mobile Tiki bars.

In the Room 2524, it's a recipe for chaos: 3/4 of the Cocktail Preachers, 2/3 of the Haole Kats, and King Kukulele, 1/2 out of his mind!

In the Room 2524, pals from New York and Nashville.

In the Room 2524, the house is a-rockin'... until security comes knockin'!
Shhhhhhhhh!

Florida, DC, and Tennesee, all representing In The Room 2524.

I counted 27 people In The Room 2524. Somehow it didn't feel crowded, and somehow, the Cruzan didn't even run out. We were blessed with good times, good booze, and good people.

If you got some of the free Bettie Page movie swag, or Roger Corman t-shirts that King Kukulele was passing out at the Drive-In, thank the gal on the right in this pic - Shelley - who works for the movie promotion firm. She also gave me some good tips on bars to hit in NYC (McSorley's anyopne?), amd mixes up a mean Dark N' Stormy (rum, ginger beer, and lime).

Burlesque queens Susi and Eva.

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 3:29 pm   Permalink

That was a stone hoot! Lotsa lotsa fun. And all faces, familiar and new- were happy. My hats off to das organizers. My toast to good friends and Vic's in the hopes that it'll still be around and I'll still have my own personal table ("Of course, right this way...and you know your money's no good here Mr. Wolfe")...when I'm old. Denny Moynahan rocks...He is The Who-kelele.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-05-02 4:21 pm   Permalink

Damn I'm pissed - I would have loved to make that one. BK - you look like you had too much fun! (That aint possible)...

Orchid Wahini - You rock! Thanks for representing DC... It musta been cool.

Waaa boo hoo... mumble mumble...

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-05-02 16:21 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 7:01 pm   Permalink

What a great time! Here are some of my pics...the album can be viewed at http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 7:38 pm   Permalink

Yeesh...I d i d n o t have my rock "photogenic" on that weekend...I'll try to improve that for the next event...

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BostonTiki

Posted: 2006-05-04 8:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Everybody - GREAT time in Atlanta last weekend. First Tiki event for Nicole and me and it was outstanding. Thanks to Martha and Lisa for saving us at the drive-in - it would have been a long walk back to the Hilton.

Nice to hanging out with the Haole Kats too - you guys rock and thanks for allowing all the loud drunks to carry on the party in 2524. SHHHHHHHHH!

We are looking forward to the next event (Florida?). Here's some photos.

Joe & Nicole

View Profile of BostonTiki Send a personal message to BostonTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-04 10:30 pm   Permalink

JAMES!!

What happened to your HAIR?!?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 05:09 am   Permalink

He wants to look like Kanekila and Josh.

Sycophant. <sneer>

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-09 11:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-05 05:09, pablus wrote:
He wants to look like Kanekila and Josh.

That's it, you got me!

No, seriously, I thought I'd try the chrome dome look for a bit... but by the end of the weekend it was getting a little stubbly...

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-13 12:17 pm   Permalink

I am so sorry these pics are so late. I've been terribly busy with Tiki Torch Nights at the Mai Kai and decorating my new place.

Special thanks to James Teitelbaum, David Piscola and Marlies van der Hout of the Hilton and Trader Vic's and the entire staff of Trader Vic's, Terri Oldknow of the Starlight Drive-In, King Kukulele, the Haole Kats (you guys are wonderful!!), the Cocktail Preachers, Derek Yaniger, Torchy Taboo (for rescuing me!), Hula Halau Kapilialoha!, Richard, Heidi and the amazing musicians, all the artists that participated and everyone that attended. Also, thanks to I Dream of Tiki and Karbora for helping me with the giveaways that night and for all the girl talk!

The beginning of the event on Friday - the Starlight Drive-In

a festive couple arrives early

Terri Oldknow, owner of the Drive-In takes a break for a photo

an entry in the Best Decorated Tiki Space contest

attendees finding their favorite spot

The main stage area directly in front of the concession stand

Close up of the Trailer Vic's sign - they had drinks comin' all night!

close up of the bar

another entry in the Best Decorated Tiki Space contest!

waiting for the show to begin

The *winners* of the Best Decorated Tiki Space contest!

*winners* again - they had more decor than this, I snapped these photos as they were just unloading and setting everything up.

The glorious big screen as the Vintage Trailer Show begins.

Don Rickles on the big screen - more trailers.

Saturday night as the stage is set up - check out that huge piece of Tapa!

David Piscola shows me the 30+year old package that was unwrapped to reveil the amazing tiki below!

Here it is - BK said this was a Leroy Schmaltz. Lying in Vic's backroom for 30 years. How amazing.

Trader Vic's graphic painted by one of the kitchen employees at Vic's.

The stage starts coming together - T.J. from the Haole Kats can't wait!

The Haole Kats 1st set begins at 8:00pm

Hula Halau Kapilialoha!!

Masks that were designed by Jim Stacy for the Mastodon video shot recently

More Tiki art that was included in the display.

Tiki Kiliki and Derek Yaniger!!

King Kukulele, Tiki Kiliki & Basement Kahuna two of my most favorite people in the world!!

me outside Victory Vintage in Decatur!

One of the best views of Atlanta - from Karbora's room.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation