FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Mugs: Octopus Time Lapse
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 Next Page )
VanTiki Mugs: Octopus Time Lapse
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-15 7:19 pm   Permalink

Ooooh MY! I just can't take the suspense...call me when the therma-timer gauge pops up! There's alotta luv'in in dat oven VT! I'll be nearby...around the corner...in da bushes...in a raincoat...reading a magazine...well...it might rain??? right?

flip-flop-flip...

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-21 11:15 am   Permalink

Alooooooo - HA! The kiln was cracked open this morning and I was pleased as Hawaiian Punch with what I found!

First up, A special order by the one-and-only Traveling Jones: The Blackened Mug! Taken from the burning embers, this curse-ed mug was sipped from by great chiefs on the eve of major battles -

So cool! Really stoked with this one. Ms. VanTiki likes it better than the "normal" trepanning skulls. She may be right!

Next up we have the Bone Red Pongo! Matte off-white with deep red in the recesses (reminiscent of dried blood perhaps?) - and a gloss dark red interior. Do you dare drink from it?

And here we have a Pongo Log found overgrown in the rain forest - the Moss Green Pongo!

The last Pongo is going to TC member HiPhiPAHulA - the Blood Red Pongo:

The last mug of this load is my favorite, and it took me so long to glaze I was camped out in my studio almost all night, chewing my nails and jumping at every pop while it went through its final firing in the kiln. Allow me to present Mini-Mega Cinder Cone (with color scheme designed by Traveling Jones). THis Volcano is singe chambered - with 4 straw holes for you and your friends:

Whew! The Mini Cinder Cone and the top two pongo logs will be hitting eBay shortly, and I have a two-stage MEGA Cinder Cone that will be ready some time next week.

Mahalo for looking -
VanTiki

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 11:38 am   Permalink

Congrats Vantiki on the great new colors and congrats Traveling for the great new mugs that you get and helped bring to life. I have never seen colors so great together.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 12:13 pm   Permalink

Great colors,especially the volcano! You and the missus must be proud of your creations! You guys are true explorers, pushing the pre-conceived ideals of Tiki Mugs and doing it with class and craftsmanship! Hats off to these and future endeavors!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-21 4:49 pm   Permalink

Mahalo teaKEY and little lost tiki for the compliments. The mugs are up on eBay, and my fingers are crossed (although I won't be too sad if nobody bids on the Cinder Cone and I get to keep it for myself)!

Links are on my website
www.vantiki.com

VanTiki

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-21 5:39 pm   Permalink

I don't think that you will have a problem selling it. Of all of the mugs that sell on Ebay, they are all cheaply made prints and this is an excellent original art piece.

the others are just a pour in the bucket.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-23 12:19 pm   Permalink

So Incredible, I'm still staring at these mugs wishin I had 1 of each. What talent & skills..Mahaloz again

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 1:32 pm   Permalink

WOW! Amazing stuff as usual.
Thanks for sharing the process too! Makes me want to dip into some mushy wet clay right now..... but mashed spuds will have to do today
Keep up the great work!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 5:30 pm   Permalink

GREAT MUGS Van...they look fabulous !!

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 5:32 pm   Permalink

More awesome mugs! Love them all mate

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-24 4:41 pm   Permalink

Mahalo all for the compliments!

It is glazing Friday here in Kailua. Just finished glazing Musical Mug #2 - REALLY stoked with him. Here is a shot of the glazed bisque mug:

Remember - this glaze has not been fired and things will change! The teeth are weathered, but they have been covered with a gloss clear coat, which is opaque white until I fire it (hence the goofy white teeth in the photo). The body of the mug will turn a bit more tan and speckled in the final firing as well. The ocarina built into the base sounds great when you blow on it - I put two holes in it so you can play 3 different notes. Inside of the mug is gloss bright papaya (shade of orange). I'll add him to ebay with the Mega Cinder Cone when the current auctions finish - and then I am taking a break till January!

For those patiently waiting for a trepanning skull, I am also glazing all of those (4 of 'em) today, and will be firing them this weekend. Mahalo for waiting!

VanTiki

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-24 5:02 pm   Permalink

Absolutely superb as always, particularly this newest guy, but they're all great. It amazes me how consistent your mugs look even though they're all hand-built. Jonesey is a lucky man!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-25 4:33 pm   Permalink

I feel pretty lucky myself can't wait to add a few more to the 'ol mug stash... hope too... Those are Tiki Fabulous!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-26 2:20 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

First up - got a few mugs out of the kiln this morning - a slew of Trepanning Accident skull mugs. I sent an e-mail or PM to all who ordered one a long time ago. If they pass on the skulls, they will find their way to eBay. The star of this Kiln Load would be Traveling Jone's Papaya Pongo. Lots of discussion and nail biting on how to get the Pongo to look papaya-ish. Very happy with the end result:

and as it is almost Xmas and I just took all the decorations down from the attic, here is a melting snowman eggnog mug I made for family and friends last year:

Mahalo for looking!
VanTiki

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 12:11 am   Permalink

More cool stuff man - love the colours on da tiki

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation