FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Mugs: Octopus Time Lapse
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 Next Page )
VanTiki Mugs: Octopus Time Lapse
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-25 5:39 pm   Permalink

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-25 5:40 pm   Permalink

those are awesome!! love the texture and 'nubs' toward the base.
are you checking your p.m.'s?

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-26 01:14 am   Permalink

Cool, unique stuff Van Tiki... These have a Ray Harryhausen feel to them. I can see them moving....

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bgreen

Posted: 2008-03-30 09:58 am   Permalink

Hey VanTiki,

Very sorry to see the new clay didn't work out.
Keep that imagination flowing, your ideas are refreshing and I am always checking for updates to your work.
The new tentacles bring back memories of my first sushi experience, the little suckers of the octopus tentacle sticking to you tongue and teeth. It looking like once you grab those mug you may never be able to set it back down, even once the drink is gone!?!? Lol, Love 'em!

View Profile of Bgreen Send a personal message to Bgreen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-30 10:30 am   Permalink

Awesome! Yep, they look like they are squirming! Really imaginative work! Wow!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-30 2:14 pm   Permalink

Creepy and cool! Fabulous detail.

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 5:11 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone -

I am gonna jump on the "Post your studio Pics" bandwagon! Here is a glimpse of my workspace. I work out of my house - and let me say right off the bat that is is a beater that we bought at a foreclosure sale and we are currently several years into fixing it up. My work spaces are low on the fix-it list - so they are kinda ratty! First up is my office - we converted 2 of the house's 3 bedrooms into offices (one for me, one for Ms. VanTiki). This is where I plug away at my "day job" and do all the VanTiki web stuff:

The bookshelves will eventually continue all the way to the door, the whole room will get paneled, oh - lots of work to be done! Let's move on to the studio. The house had a huge walled-in lanai attached to the back that instantly sold us. We realized it would make a great workshop/studio space that we could use as a base of operations for filing the rest of the house. It also serves as a laundry room, as you can see!

Speaking of studios - I'll be heading in there now to glaze up the tentacles. Been really busy drawing stuff for the past few weeks - I gotta get back into the clay!

Mahalo!

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 5:40 pm   Permalink

The most unique mugs I've ever seen. Very nice.

But why the electric chair in your office? Wouldn't a Mai Tai be a more pleasant way to reduce stress?

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 8:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-16 17:40, bamboo stu wrote:
But why the electric chair in your office? Wouldn't a Mai Tai be a more pleasant way to reduce stress?

Mahalo Stu! stoked you like my mugs. As far as the Electric Chair - it is really an ejection seat I picked up at a garage sale in Austin, Texas. Nothing like a Texas garage sale! I don't even want to talk about how much it cost to bring it out to Hawaii.....

On the clay front, I unloaded some bisqueware this morning - the Tentacular Spectacular mugs, a TikiTile order, and a ahndfull of my micro tiki tile "coins" for geocaching. Glazed up the smaller tiles, and will be dipping the lage ones tomorrow (as soon as I pick up some more wax resist). As for the tentacles.... still thinking about colors... . .

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 02:28 am   Permalink

I just can't get over how freaking cool the tentacles are!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 07:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

Mahalo Stu! stoked you like my mugs. As far as the Electric Chair - it is really an ejection seat I picked up at a garage sale in Austin, Texas.

Wow, an ejection seat indeed! Perfect for Mothers-in-law and overstayed houseguests! I'll need to check out some of those garage sales.

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 8:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha Folks -

As you may have noticed, things kinda slowed down on the clay front over here. It was due to several factors - day job stuff, some tile orders, and the geocaching tiles I was making. A big factor was getting over the shock of losing so many mugs a few weeks ago - it was a big hit for my self confidence and it has been rather slow in coming back!
Happy to report that I did get a replacement brown clay a few days ago and am back in mug land. 2 mugs are taking shape in the studio - one skull eating tiki to make up for the leaky one, and one that I am calling "Mug of The Monkey God" - here are pics of the ROUGH sculpt - much more detail will be added as the clay firms up. And yep, that is one of my micro tiles in the mouth!

sorry about the low light cellphone pics - I'll take good ones once the sculpt is done.

Mahalo for peeking! (and for the tentacle compliments!)
Henrik "VanTiki"

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 8:47 pm   Permalink

please save the monkey god mug for me. thank you.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 9:47 pm   Permalink

I do really hope to own of your works of sculpture someday!

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-23 9:54 pm   Permalink

Good luck Van! Hope the tiki gods bring you good kiln-ing!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation