FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Fresh out of the kiln--bottom of Pg. 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Fresh out of the kiln--bottom of Pg. 3
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 4:00 pm   Permalink

right on tfisher,
I like, I like it. Is the clear glaze over the bisque a high fire glaze?

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-17 4:23 pm   Permalink

Pop, the clear glaze is a low-fire glaze (cone 06). I have a stoneware mug that I'll be firing this weekend (cone 6) if I can figure out how to finish it...

http://www.thomsart.com

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-18 3:42 pm   Permalink

This is a test fire to see how the underglaze paints run or mix together. I can't believe they came out this crisp. I thought after they got the glaze on top that everything was going to run or melt.

This is total experimentation. This is pre-fire or something like that...

Inside

Back

Front

http://www.thomsart.com

View Profile of tfisherart Send a personal message to tfisherart  Email tfisherart Goto the website of tfisherart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 5:06 pm   Permalink

These are the most recent endeavours, a little more detail than the previous stuff.

The green one didn't come out in the pictures, and I didn't have enough time to resurrect it. So, I put a separate picture of the face of the green mug afterward.

This is the inside of the mugs. I gotta get back to fillin' these things up with refreshments...

[ This Message was edited by: tfisherart 2006-04-22 17:16 ]

tfisherart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-01 6:39 pm   Permalink

Here's some new mugs, fresh out of the kiln.

Backs

Side

Front

...and, finally, the part that takes ALL of the time, the inside.

I painted a hibiscus on the face of the one mug, and thought I was using yellow to highlight it. It turned out to be neon green, instead. I guess there's a lot to be said for reading labels...

Not sure where to go from here. I'm carving another prototype and have started on another (palm log) tiki for a friend.

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-02 5:15 pm   Permalink

Right on tfisher glad to "see" what you've been doing. Keep it up and keep the pics. coming. Don't give up, we all know that it takes time to achieve something worthwhile. You are doing great.

Thanks
poptiki

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation